Today I was arguing with my friend about the MacBook...

Today I was arguing with my friend about the MacBook. I told him it was shit and a waste of money because it only had one port.

He said that the target audience doesn't need more than one port, and if I need more than one port it's not for me and thus I wouldn't be buying it, and that I had no argument.

I was so fucking angry but I couldn't counter him. Can someone help?

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/normally
wdc.com/en/products/internal/enterprise/Default.aspx
cnet.com/news/western-digital-clears-up-time-capsule-server-grade-controversy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just agree with him

He's right. I don't own a macbook, but I can't remember the last time I plugged anything in via USB or any other port for that matter. I'd be perfectly okay with one port because with bluetooth why would I ever use it?

omg you lost an arguement? kill yourself

your friend is right. if someone buys the Macbook, it's because they want it and don't care about the one port. they still have Macbook Pros with a charging port, two Thunderbolt, two USB, and HDMI and that's what you should buy if you want a Mac laptop and you're computer savvy.

He's right. Just admit it you autistic fuck

We hate Apple here fuck off.

stay salty OP.

I own 2016 macbook and feel bad that I wasted money on adapter

Why? You don't use it?

He's right. Some people don't need more than one port. Macbook pro isn't for those (like me) who have to use more than one.

Never used it since I only use macbook simple things on go and my desktop for more complicated things

>It's not for you
The plebbest-tier non-argument thrown around by Applefags. Just throw it back at them the next time they look at a competitor machine and say the similarly predictable "nice laptop, too bad it runs windows" or "it sucks if it doesn't run OSX".

Not an argument

>want to transfer something from one USB to another
>could just plug them both in and click-drag from one to the other
>but no, you bought a macbook so you have to plug one in, transfer it all to your macbook, plug in the other, transfer it all back

????

Of course not. "It's not for you" was also commonly used to justify the premium price tags of the Apple Watches. Basically if you don't like how Apple does it, "it's not for you".

>>want to transfer something from one USB to another

This doesn't happen

And WOW, what a huge inconvenience. Two more minutes of time.

>He said that the target audience doesn't need more than one port, and if I need more than one port it's not for me and thus I wouldn't be buying it, and that I had no argument.
You can say this about anything. You can always assume there's at least one person with needs retarded enough to fit into the dumbest product you could come up with. You could make a smartphone with no screen and then say "well this is targeted for people with no eyesight" and it's true. This has nothing to do with being a good laptop though.

If you really want to counter him, mention how it has a keyboard so astonishingly bad that it's the major reason people are returning the Macbook so much. If you try to type on it for a few hours, you actually get pain in your hands.

Yes it is, it's a counter-point to another argument, showing how it was a slippery slope fallacy.

No point was made

>not using USB ports
Do you just browse the web and fap to anime girls? I couldn't live without less than 4 ports, although I normally don't use more than 2 I still need them sometimes. Having to buy a USB hub is stupid unless you need a shit ton of devices connected at a time.
>This doesn't happen
It does sometimes. You can't say nobody does this jut because you don't.

I didn't know Stefan used a Mac

>it's the major reason people are returning the Macbook so much. If you try to type on it for a few hours, you actually get pain in your hands.

No source for both of these

>This doesn't happen

It happens literally all the time. Do you not have friends?

And what if you want to plug in an external hard drive that require dual port power?

Yes it was... there was an original point, and that user showed that point could be extrapolated to other situations that would invalidate any objective metric. The fact that you couldn't understand the point is different from there not being one.

An user that worked at a Best Buy or whatever store said the Macbook was by far the most returned laptop they had and that almost everyone who returned it complained about uncomfort and pain, but you're going to whine about how that's anedoctal, so fair enough.

What do you use 2 ports at all times for? Assuming we're talking about laptops.

He never said "at all times", he said he used them. Stop strawmanning and learn to lose an argument, user.

He said he normally uses 2. That means constantly.

>he normally uses 2. That means constantly.
No it does not. Your grasp of the English language is poor.
dictionary.com/browse/normally

>the target audience doesn't need more than one port
It's true you know, at the very most someone would connect it to their printer.
This Macbook is literally the $1000 facebook machine

Typical macfag I guess lmao

Yes there are normally 2 ports in use, meaning almost all of the time there are two devices plugged into the laptop.

Anyway, "he" (i.e. You) hasn't justified it yet, so I'm assuming it was bullshit from the get go.

Tell him 'Enjoy your overpriced paperweight' and leave it at that. Let him find out for himself and when he turns around and says something about it that annoys him point and say 'I told you so!'.

It's the only way to be sure :)

Not an argument.

In that case it's true. Windows and Linux are vastly inferior to OS X for any use case and person.

>Assuming we're talking about laptops.
I wasn't, actually. I thought meant he didn't use USB ports at all, which didn't make any sense to me.

what is wrong with using the right tool for the job and why do people on Sup Forums decide for other people?

posting this i feel so smart but also 1000 years old

Sup Forums can't counter the point so they get red in the face angry.

Ok, so we went from "constantly" to "almost all of the time".

>"he" (i.e. You)
It wasn't me. The idea that more than 1 person can disagree with you might be a shock, I know.

I honestly don't care that much about the ports. It's obviously a problem, not because I use the USB port that much, but because it's not a compromise that makes sense in a 1000$ laptop. Even if it is nitpicking, I get to nitpick when I pay that much for a laptop. The whole point of paying more is to go beyond the basics and get even the details right. That was the idea with the MBPr: you pay considerably more for something better. But here you're paying considerably more for worse.

But in any case the complete piece of crap keyboard is a deterrent, it could have 2 ethernet ports, 10 USB, 1 Display Port and 1 HDMI for all I care.

Yes, what is true about any Windows/Linux machine is that "it's not for him" :^)

>the right tool for the job
What job has this computer as the best tool?

>why do people on Sup Forums decide for other people?
No one did this.

Absolutely too long. Did NOT read.

>printer
>using cable and not tcp/ip although i fucking hate wireless because mah reliability

You're a retard.

Anyway, the shitty new force touchpad is all the anti-macbook argument you need.

looking like a cool guy

>What job has this computer as the best tool?

Internet browsing
Word processing
Software development which doesn't need heavy compilation
Media consumption (best screen and speaker in class)

I'm sorry you were shown to be wrong.

>Internet browsing
Can be done better on other machines, probably something with 3:2 ratio.
>Word processing
Can be done better on other machines.
>Software development which doesn't need heavy compilation
Can be done better on other machines (one with an actual keyboard).
>Media consumption (best screen and speaker in class)
Can DEFINITELY be done better on other machines.

I asked what job has this computer as the BEST tool, not which jobs can be done with this tool. All the things you mentioned can be done from a tablet, but it's hardly the best.

>software development
Everything else it does fine.

>Argues with normal people
Why bother?

>Can be done better on other machines, probably something with 3:2 ratio.

Is this a joke?

Not an argument

Not an argument.

For me it's the shallow as hell key travel that mimics typing on an ipad touchscreen. I can't imagine why anyone would want to torture their own fingers like that for months or years on end.

The trackpad on the other hand, I had no problem with.

Neither is "Can be done better on other machines, probably something with 3:2 ratio."

No, it's a statement.

Yes it is, 16:9 and 16:10 are ratios made for media consumption. Web browsing is better with ratios closer to a vertical page since that's how text is displayed.

>having to spend money on extra hardware if you want to use a flash drive while charging
>not suitable for anything other than browsing

Paying such amounts of money for a laptop if you don't do anything other than browsing is retarded anyway.

You can't reason with cult members. However, since most of what they seek is validation, simply don't give them any and mock them.

What's this pic supposed to mean?

blatantly lies about what's inside

stop being friend with him :^)

Looks OK to me

that's not "server grade"
how thick can you be?

You don't know what server grade means

Nice pic from 2002 dipshit

Are you just going to go around spamming this everywhere thinking "wow, im so cool"?

Just because it's not a valid argument doesn't mean it's not an argument.

Straight off the boat from reddit

Yes, let's redefine words just to save a company's reputation.
See OP, this is why you don't argue with Macfags: you just mock them.

What does a server grade hard drive mean to you mate?

Not an argument
O
T

A
N

A
R
G
U
M
E
N
T

I am 100% correct when I say "it's not for you", because you're not going to fucking buy it because it has one USB port. I don't have to justify to you why other people are buying the Macbook even though it has 1 USB port. I don't even want it because it has 1 USB port (and has a weaker GPU, and is a bit too small, and doesn't have a dGPU like the 15" rMBP). Stop treating opinions like debates, especially when you make a thread trying to start shit.

e.g. wdc.com/en/products/internal/enterprise/Default.aspx
All hard drive manufacturers have various models and some are explicitly made for that. Are you seriously that illiterate or digging yourself into your denial?

>inb4 snake oil
I don't care what you think of those models, it doesn't change the fact that Apple did lie about what's inside.

"That unique Apple logo, and what we call 'to the right of the dash,' if you will, indicate that this drive is for a very particular partner to us and this drive is dedicated to that particular audience. You could not buy this same drive at NewEgg or Amazon."
When we asked whether the variation of the WD20EARS drive is rated for a 1-million-hour MTBF, our source confirmed that it was: "We don't spec our desktop drives with MTBF because our customers don't purchase in that manner, but this particular drive for this particular OEM with these unique requirements does meet those specifications."

wew lad

Deskstars and WD greens aren't "server grade" by any means.

If you seriously believe that, you are mentally ill.

It's all over lads

cnet.com/news/western-digital-clears-up-time-capsule-server-grade-controversy/

There is zero tangible information in that article. Actual features provided in server grade models are not present.

>wanting to believe Apple propaganda this hard
This is what a mental illness looks like.

He's right though. It's for normies who don't use USB.

See
Quote is from WD not Apple.

Glad we could wrap this up.

>He said that the target audience doesn't need more than one port, and if I need more than one port it's not for me and thus I wouldn't be buying it, and that I had no argument.

Although his bullshit mental gymnastics can be applied to any product, the essence of your argument is that with less expandability, and the high price tag compared to other computers with greater expandability, means that it is a waste of money to you - that is still a valid argument as much as he would like to make you seem otherwise.

If someone then bought an adapter or hub etc. to make the Mac have essentially more than one port, they are then contradicting his claim about the "target audience" buying the device in spite of having that one port.

Explain what that changes.

ITT: Things that that didn't happen. You don't fool me crApple shill.

He's got an extremely good point though, you dumbass.
>every electronic device has to meet my highly specific needs
You just have autism. Apple offers multiple laptops, others with more ports. If the MacBook's one USB C port isn't enough for you, don't fucking buy the MacBook. Jesus Christ, it's not rocket science.

You're paying more money for less features. Usually when you take away a feature you add something, like taking away the optical drive and using that space for more battery or ports. In this case you didn't gain anything and you lost ports.

Notice how EVERY single argument for macfags defending this atrocity of a laptop is just saying "well you can do without it". They're not showing you the pros of this device, because there are none, they're just trying to show you how the cons don't count and if you need more then the device isn't for you (which is a logic that can be applied to canned feces).

No, you do. Fucking retard.

Like clockwork: cannot explain what's good about this laptop, can only resort to "if you don't like it buy something else".

If I need more than one port I just buy a second macbook

Poorfags btfo

Gained thinness and lightness

Laptops are for portability

I wasn't asked to explain why the laptop was good, you goddamned retard. I was asked to explain why one port isn't good enough. I was telling OP why he's wrong.

Fuck off, you piece of shit.

The laptop is symmetrical, there was space on the opposite side to add another port.
Also how weak are you that a MBPr or a XPS13 are too heavy for you?

OP is not wrong though, and you never even explained it. All you said was "if you don't like it buy something else". That's not explaining anything about the product.

What are the pros of having only port?

I wouldn’t buy it

I don’t see why they couldn’t just have two or three USB C ports and an SD card or Micro SD card slot, it wouldn’t affect thickness and would only minimally affect weight

It seems more like an experiment than a product made for consumers, but is actually a way to sell adapters more than anything

Nothing to do with strength. Lighter means more portable for everyone.

>everyone has to share my opinion or they can't be on my website
see a shrink nerd

This It's an abomination that Apple zealots apologize away because they're brainwashed sheep.

Lightness and thinness

well you're both right. 1 port is stupid, but if you only ever need 1 at a time it will work totally fine for you. Macbooks are not the laptop for you, and you'd be much happier with some other higher end ultrabook on the market today (msi, asus certain dell's, etc). Nothing you say is really going to change fuckall, apple is trying their best to eliminate ports for everything at all times. My thoughts are more inline with yours, but I still think you're both right and have logical points to some degree, which is why arguing is almost pointless.

If I need to explain such a simple concept I suggest you stop coming to this website until your 18th birthday.
>some people are okay with one port
>if you are, consider the MacBook
>if you aren't, fucking buy something else

What are the cons of one port for someone who only ever uses one port?

Suck a dick

That's it? Not worth it.

it would be perfect if it had one more USB-C port and was $200 cheaper

Not an argument

Opinion