Anyone knows any decent PSU with 12+ sata connectors? No...

Anyone knows any decent PSU with 12+ sata connectors? No, I can't use sata power splitters because some of my drives are finicky with the voltage drop from splitting power and will stop functioning.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-110-B1-0750-VR/dp/B00K85X23O/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey, I think that's the PSU I use!

Why not go for a modular PSU, like amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-110-B1-0750-VR/dp/B00K85X23O/, which has 6 SATA ports.

Also, the line is going to be "split" at some point, no matter what. There just isn't physical space on the PSU, otherwise. If there's a voltage drop due to splitting, it's probably not due to the split itself (unless you have over 4 devices connected to a single cable, maybe), but simply a symptom of an underpowered PSU in general.

>the voltage drop from splitting power
You don't know how electricity works.

Fuck off.

nvm, the one I linked only has 3 SATA ports. Should still be plenty for 12 connectors, though, depending on the power draw of the things you connect.

You do realize that the string of SATA power connectors on a PSU is identical to a power splitter?

They're all daisy-chained together and even the separate cables are still connected to the same 12v rail.

>the voltage drop from splitting power
Sounds more like a shitty power supply than a sp-litter problem.

>I dont know what a rail is on a power supply
>I think a bunch of sata connectors on a single wire are different than a Y cable
>I dont know how backplanes work
And OP proved he was a retard yet again

you can't use a molex to sata splitter on drives that require 5v. The label on the drive will tell you about voltage.

I think that is what you mean when you complain about splitters.

wait, i meant 3.3v

It's the voltage drop caused by extending wires.

That may be it.

>It's the voltage drop caused by extending wires.
You won't get much voltage drop from extended wires unless the wires are dog shit quality, aka adding far too much resistance.

>I dont know how much resistance 3" of wire has
stay retarded user

Yet to have an issue with these.

sata and molex provides the same power. just get a molex to sata adapter.

OP's problem is that he doesnt understand what a power rail or inrush current is, not the splitter.

>It's the voltage drop caused by extending wires.
You're that cunt arnt you. The one that goes around the internet regurgitating the bullshit you heard off guy X who had blah done, which in reality he got fucked over with due being susceptible to industry jargon.

You're that cunt that recommends something you've never owned, just because Linus I just googled that 5 mins ago recommended it.

You're that cunt with a 3k gayming laptop for minecraft on the go.

You're that cunt.

>No, I can't use sata power splitters because some of my drives are finicky with the voltage drop

pic related.
your welcome.

I can actually measure voltage drop over USB cables of different lengths. You're the one who's regurgitating numbers and read shit on the internet.

>i can splice a cable and identify the 60hz voltage drop using a multimeter
>i can't google which psu have 12 power connectors

lets see your multimeter faget

So what you're saying is the plugs nearest to the PSU are over volted in order to be correct at the end of a 60cm span.

It doesn't need splicing you dumb ass. Just get a USB voltmeter.
I don't need to google because I have Sup Forums.

It could be because I bought shitty chink power splitters with high resistance but that's beside the point. I don't want to use adapters.

So you dont have a multimeter? Is that correct?

My seasonic X-650 came with two 4-way SATA cables and an extra few 2-way ones (iirc)

Should serve your needs plenty

Fuck you, I don't need one.

Thanks, user. I guess 10 is enough.

So how the fuck did you measure this voltage drop from the Y cable if you dont have a multimeter?

I'm willing to bet my Fluke and set of probes cost as much your shitbox PC.

Still no response... let me guess you never actually measured this voltage drop you've been bullshiting us all about.

>I don't want to pursue a technically viable solution because "I don't want to"

>also 4-way cables aren't 'splitters'

Is this the kind of mongloid that browses Sup Forums these days?

>Is this the kind of mongloid that browses Sup Forums these days?
The same kind who can't be bothered to get a multimeter and a set of back probes.