Gaming computer

Ok,

My wife started a kick ass new job and her salary is going to tripple so i finally wont be the sole breadwinner.

Anyways with her first check im going to buy a brand new Gaming computer as a presebt to myself for spending years solely taking care of her and my 2 daughters.

Should i buy a pre made one or buy the parts myself?

I can go up to $1500 for this btw

My tech skills are that of a 4 year old which is why im asking the experts of Sup Forums for help.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/BdCHzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you have the time to do so, learn how to build one yourself. Or you could buy the parts and take them to your local computer workshop family business and have them assemble it for you.

If you can stay away from prebuilt websites and support your local business who will help you.

Have you talked to your wife about this, OP? Your post makes it seem like you're just gonna do it because you believe you deserve it, but that sort of financial expectation ruins relationships.

im all for local business and would love to build one but there are so many components I dont even know were to start,

I know a SSD Harddrive and good video card and like 32 GB of ram (Maybe 16) will be good but I have no clue what brands or model #'s to buy let alone motherboard, power supply and such

haha yes

Fuck off faggot

No one here will help you build a gaymen pc

Yea sounds like you haven't talked to your wife.

>Anyways with her first check im going to buy a brand new Gaming computer

that is fucking hilarious to read

I feel so conflicted. On one hand I want to stay single because I love the financial freedom I am experiencing. On the other, who wants to stay alone forever?

You are the sole breadwinner. Your wife earns $0. If your wife's salary is tripled, how much money will she earn? Show your work.

3 x $0 = $0

Sup Forums really isn't gonna help you, try PCPartPicker or Logical Increments. Those sites can help you buy everything you need and like one user said earlier, take it to a computer repair shop nearby.

i5 6500
gtx 1060
seasonic 550

Everything else literally does not matter.

No need the thank me.

Its a joke obviously.
His wifes money is his, since he implied he already earns money himself.
So it doesnt matter whos money he spends, its his.

Buying your Pc with the money of your wife seems even more humiliating than buying it with your mom money
Now i understand why they call you manchild

Say hi to your wife's son for me.

This and a cheap motherboard.

hes buying it from his own money retard, seems like you need to learn to comprehend texts

8 GB of RAM is pretty much all you need, there's no reason to get more than 12 if all you're doing is gaming.

My wife was working at a daycare lol so a tad more than 0

Im going to thank you anyways!

Oh lol so yeah im not looking to waste anymore than i have to, thanks

Logicalincrements.com

Buy the pc parts and if you don't trust yourself with buildiing it yourself then take it to a computer shop to build it for you. Shouldn't cost more than $50. This way itll still be cheaper than buying a prebuild pc.

Protip OP. build it on pcpartpicker and buy the parts from Amazon. You could save enough from your budget to upgrade a few parts.

Building a computer from consumer available parts is basically LEGOs.

Ok, try this
pcpartpicker.com/list/BdCHzM

It is very easy to assemble a computer, all you need is a screwdriver or two
Just follow the installation instructions that come with every item

Install the CPU, cooler and ram on the motherboard, using a guide on applying thermal paste, put it in the case, mount the cooler radiator on top, install the fans on the cooler pushing air out from inside the case, then place your storage media in their respective bays, after which you should install the power supply and get to work on cables, cables only fit in one location, when all the power cables are in, start connecting the storage to the motherboard with sata cables, then mount the last fan somewhere on the case down low to draw in air
Connect the case cables, the power button, leds, USB, etc
All ports are labeled on the motherboard as to what goes where
Then unlock the top most PCI x16 slot, push the gpu into it, and lock it again, screw down the backplate into the PCI slot mounts on the case, plug in its power cable from the PSU