In my laptop, these mini heat sinks are attached to my CPU...

In my laptop, these mini heat sinks are attached to my CPU. In the past couple of weeks they started coming loose after the machine has been on for a while. I want to re-set them, but I don't know what that adhesive is called. Any ideas?

just use nutella

Thermal Adhesive

I bet they'd be good for a raspberry pi.

>Thermal Adhesive
is that the same as like arctic silver 5 or something? these stuff is actually sticky and hold the heat sinks on by itself

I can guarantee those were added by the previous owner and are doing absolutely nothing helpful at all.

It's a thermal adhesive, isn't that pretty self explanatory? It's adhesive with good thermal conductivity.

Also this.

Thermal adhesive pads is what you want user.

Who made this shitshow?

Interesting. Have they actually lowered your temps?

And why not put them inside the fan assembly if there's enough space? Im thinking of doing something similar with my memepad.

heatsinks attached to a heatsink?

Try a more efficient fan.

Yo dawg, that's definitely the heatsink, but that part is getting no airflow at all, so those little pieces of shit are doing nothing helpful. All the heat is supposed to go through the copper tube out to the radiator.

Of course they haven't, there isn't any airflow.

>Try a more efficient fan.
It's a laptop bruh, I wish it was that easy to find better parts. Thing is thinkpads seem to be designed with the top line model in mind as base, since I have a base model im almost certain the fan isnt as optimized as it could be. The fan assembly has about 1cm of internal height, if i put something like ops things before the fins it may help a bit.

Yeah I thought so.

I doubt they do anything just leave them off.

Pull them all off and throw them out.

It's like putting one of those cell phone antenna booster stickers from the 90s on your iphone.

>if i put something like ops things before the fins it may help a bit.
It'll help restrict the airflow.

Maybe, I thought about it because my fan does this weird thing where air comes only from one side of the fins even at full power, thats why I opened it and found there's plenty of space between the fins and the fans and so some air is probably just revolving inside it. Looks like a sort of guide for air would help airflow instead of restricting it.

I know nothing of thermodynamics.

Wouldn't those little heatsinks just be pumping heat inside the case and not really "helping" your CPU because they're just rising the temperature to everything else.

its a gaming laptop from xotic pc. they send all their of their machines through rigorous testing (apparently) which is a selling point for me, but things look kinda shotty inside

>they send all their of their machines through rigorous testing

And what is rigorous testing?

It's marketing.