Prove to me why Visual Studio isn't the most clusterfucked...

Prove to me why Visual Studio isn't the most clusterfucked, retarded piece of shit ever to to fired out of MicroShits ass.

>protip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

ma.ttias.be/system-calls-in-apache-linux-vs-iis-windows/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>prove a negative
Nice grasp of logic, OP

this lol (not that I care about VS though)

What is your beef with it exactly? I think is pretty great, in general. Albeit, maybe a little overloaded in features.

But he already said you can't.
>reading comprehension

Bob

>just recently decide to learn python
>install python just fine
>go to run it
>cant run
>ms-crt-api dll is missing or some shit
>look online, find out I need visual studio for this
>install it, then it starts looking for updates
>doesnt do anything for 5 hours
>delete it

fuck this fucking shit. how the fuck do i just get a fucking python shell?
Now I'm trying to install linux so I can at least fucking use Python, but my faggot windows won't let me partition my disc. fuck

oh well

You can prove a negative, actually.

Not an argument.

please log in to do some work

python enviroments are literally the easiest to setup on windows

You fucked up something while installing. And no, you don't need VS to get the MS C Runtime DLL. Although VS is the best Python IDE by far.

It's massiveness as far as resource usage goes is a barrier to entry for people with lower end machines

Visual studio isn't an IDE for one language, it's the protal to all the features you need to develop for the microsoft ecosystem spanning many programming languages, libraries and usecases. One could argue that it could be more modular, but i suppose you're not looking for intellectual intercourse here.

Wrong faggot. Been using this since professionally since version 4.0. It was fucking shit then and it's much, much, MUCH worse now.

>protal
>minecraft ecosystem
>intellectual sexercourse

Thats why I'm mad
I have no clue why my pc is fucking up. i tried checking for windows updates to solve this, but instead it was left checking for updates for 7 hours with no end in sight.

what did I fuck up though? i literally just downloaded the 64-bit installer and ran it, with default settings, and it said it was setup fine. the only problem is when I try to actually run python

I don't know man. Visual Studio is the best IDE I have ever used. I'm forced to use QT creator nowadays due to multiplatform and the designer. Everything is fucking cumbersome and annoying in qt creator. Poor code completion and showing argument lists etc. It's so bad I'm even considering using vim proper plugins or something.

OK now I got it to run, I just downloaded an older version, I'm using 3.4.3, and it seems to work.

Now my hard drive partitions are fucked up because i shrunk my main one to accomodate space to dual boot a linux distro, now it won't let me merge it back.

just fuck my shit up

Maybe the installer has a bug. Blame the Python developers for not bundling a needed dependency with the installer, not Visual Studio.

The only people who use IDE are people too stupid to learn how to code with out having their hand held. The people with high IQs just use a text editor.

>shows screenshot of an IDE

Nice stale bait. Make another thread with it plox

>Prove to me why Visual Studio isn't the most clusterfucked, retarded piece of shit ever to to fired out of MicroShits ass.
One word: DirectShow

The only people who use text editors for programming are people too stupid to understand time is money and productivity is important. The people with high IQs just use a IDE to automate menial tasks and focus on the code.

If I only had used freetard IDE's I would have agreed with you. But since I have used VS I can't.

You can automate menial tasks in vim you idiot.

And don't even start that shit "yeah but you have to spend three months to learn it" you have to learn how IDEs work too.

Vim has so many features they can't be put inside a menu system.

low iq

With the same ease as an IDE? Sorry, but no. And if you think it is you're either too delusional, retarded, or haven't used either vim or a good IDE.

gr8 m8 no d-b8 i r8 it an 8 i h8 2 b in an ir8 st8 but its my f8
hey m8 i apreci8 that u r8 it gr8 u wanna d8 and mayb masturb8 i can ask n8 and we can meet at the g8 dont b l8
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8/8 plz don't h8
gr8 b8 m8 cant even h8 so I r8 8 outta 8
Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8

>vim
vim is an IDE you dolt

Leave him. He feels special that way.

Nah man some people develop for a living. I let my plugins in VS do a lot of menial work so I can sneak home earlier or "work from home". Don't make your hobby your job. Not worth it.

You've never had do do anything advanced have you? Go back to trying to hello world to compile kid.

>doesn't realize vim has more/better plugins than vs

like I said, low iq.

because it is designed for large collaborative projects, not writing some stupid fucking fizzbuzz bullshit for a retarded Sup Forums thread

Nah man. There is no quality in free plugins. They are garbage and you are garbage for using them. I rather pay hundreds of shekels for nice plugins that code for me. You just haven't used VS with proper plugins and that's why you are retarded.

Which one of those plugins are intellisense?

youcompleteme

there are multiple plugins that are better. YCM for one.

>no quality in free plugins.

Probably using a whole bunch of free software to make that post.

OSS > CSS

proof:

ma.ttias.be/system-calls-in-apache-linux-vs-iis-windows/

Windows and all closed source is pretty much shit. That's the main reason they keep it closed, so you can't see how shitty it is. Even Microsoft agrees that Linux is the superior development platform, which is why they're building a Linux subsystem into Windows.

low iq

don't know what that pic is but it looks like cancer. How can you look at that for more than 2 minutes?

Unless you're a blind person in which case I'm sorry for being rude.

>platform, which is why they're building a Linux subsystem into Windows.
More like someone from Sup Forums made the "you can't run linux without windows" meme true. And if you weren't retarded you would have known that there have been a posix subsystem in windows since the 90s. What Microsoft just did was brilliant. Any Linux distro not made by canonical is going to be irrelevant in less than 10 years.

Not as good as intellisense. Refactoring is still a bitch in vim. Making some bullshit macro for refactoring in vim is not efficient refactoring.

Don't bother. It's hard to explain the concept of programmer productivity to someone that only codes hello world programs in his mom's basement.

It's what a professional set up looks like. In offices we have lights so bright screens don't hurt our eyes.

The only people who use dark themes are wannabe hacker script kiddies living in their mothers basement with no lights on except the glow of their monitor. If you ever get a job or move into a nice apartment with lights you'll understand why some people prefer light themes over dark themes.

Go back to pretending to be a coder now.

>Not as good as intellisense
wow what a fantastic argument

what intellisense feature does YCM not support?

>Refactoring is still a bitch in vim
so use a refactoring plugin?

>only two applications
>only a graph for each to compare

You probably don't even understand how code refactoring works, you've never done it without VS have you?

You think it's magic don't you?

>having a programming job means your screen has to look like shit
surely you can find better looking light themes?

>text editors are better than IDEs!!
>turns his "text editor" into a full IDE with dozens of plugins
Are you seriously this retarded?

>literally no counter argument

>wow what a fantastic argument
Indeed
>what intellisense feature does YCM not support?
How about you answer that faggot. What can YCM do that intellisense can't? What makes YCM the better option? Why aren't you using clang_complete?
>so use a refactoring plugin?
No good ones exist. But feel free to link some so I can laugh at you. Most vim users that aren't in denial at least recognize that refactoring isn't something that can be done efficiently in vim.

Intercourse yes. Intellectual no

>It's what a professional set up looks like.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You do your refactoring manually kid? Do they know this at your workplace? Maybe they're interested in replacing you with someone more efficient. Assuming you have a job, of course.

People who use Visual Studio can't get laid.

Only users of text editors will ever have a woman bear their child.

>counter-arguing a strawman

"hurr iis has a more complicated system call graph than apache, that means windows and all non-open software is bad"

What the fuck am I even reading. Do you refactor by hand? Are you a representative for vim users in general? Never mind this thread is killing more brain cells than an evening at the pub. I'm out.

>he doesn't even know how refactoring works

>calling anyone 'kid' over the internet
>refactoring manually
jobless NEET and/or never worked on a project more complicated than fizzbuzz

>a little overloaded
The installation for UWP is +30 GB. Xamarin studio or xCode are 5 GB tops.

College courses require that you refactor by hand to show that you know what it is and how it works. You would know that if you had something besides a GED.

I bet you would shit your self in a real job interview.

Luckily some of us already got our degrees and we have jobs with deadlines. To those of you still learning I guess vim is good ;)

I'm not the guy saying IDEs are retarded

I'm just saying, people who say “IDEs are for kids” and then use vim with a bunch of plugins are hypocrites

vim is pretty much an IDE

>What can YCM do that intellisense can't?
work in vim? Are you dumb?

>using an IDE that only works on the shittiest OS

Explain to me an easier system to create an interface for your code.

protip: you can't

That all you could come up with? I guess someone should write a plugin for vim so they can use intellisense :^)

Pic but unironically.

nvm, I don't even know why I entered a troll thread

see ya

The modern use of the term "refactor" implies heavy investment in to trashlord OOP practices.
The cargo cult is still strong.

>high IQ
>high IQ
>low iq
>low iq
>mom's basement
>kiddies
>kid
>muh job
>muh job
>lol virgin

This thread is a fucking disgrace.

It's all about rapid prototyping and being able to outsource to pajeet. I don't even code nowadays. I just write requirements, do the architecture and the design and harder parts of the code. Oh and yell a lot at pajeet. Pajeet will implement my shit and the chance pajeet compiled the code he submits is around 50%. It's not efficient but at least you get 10 to 20 times the hours compared to a western developer.

>3.4.3,