What are some lightweight browsers that work well on 32-bit Windows XP?

What are some lightweight browsers that work well on 32-bit Windows XP?

I'm trying to get this old ME era shitbox functional using XP. I've got 384MB of RAM and am running on a 700MHz Duron processor.

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1271755
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

thanks for the bump i guess

Is opera still releasing for xp?

K-meleon
Otter browser
Qupzilla
Midori

32-bit Firefox :^)

Firefox removed support for non SSE2 CPUs recently so it will be no go for Athlon XP/Durons after a few versions

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1271755

Pale Moon Atom/XP edition should still work as an alternative

>I've got 384MB of RAM and am running on a 700MHz Duron processor.
It'll need to be very lightweight to support this 90s era shit

OP here. Just installed K-meleon.
It's working great. Thanks, user.
>pic is my rig

Netscape

netscape 9-0-0-6 is more a classic firefox. it even runs old firefox addons

k-meleon was the answer, though

PROTIP: LYNKS

Opera 12.18. Works great on my ULV Core Solo with 512MB RAM

Is this your main rig?

And I thought I was poor for having a Pentium III 500Mhz until in 2008

Are you underaged or from a country where average salary is 100 dollars a month?

>1440p
>Pixelated

What kind of garbage camera is that, I think my 480p in my w300i had better definition...

>is that your main rig
No.

>not even 1gb of ram
>cpu power in the mhz range

not even worth the effort, why would you want to?
you going to use it to run old games or something?

honestly, if you are in a rough situation and this is all you have, get a used i5 dell optiplex or a used thinkpad

>you going to use it to run old games or something?
Yeah, probably. It's mainly for nostalgic purposes mostly. I remember running Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on a computer similar to it as a kid.

Nice, better than mine

& good luck running any of the sites today other than space jam

Firefox 3.6.28
It just works man

This.

Old Opera is your best bet.

Ok, I think you really should install a lightweight Linux distro.

I'm not memeing here - in fact, I installed Ubuntu (with lubuntu-desktop) because my pc couldn't handle Windows anymore.

Let's face it: you can't play any modern games on that pc.
But there are a lot of games on linux that you could play on a low-end computer.

My 2 cents, anyway.

>games are the only reason to use windows
Kys

I'm pretty sure Photoshop or AutoCAD won't work on that PC either. Other than that, yeah, a Linux distribution would work beautifully and would keep him from being vulnerable to attacks.

>I'm pretty sure Photoshop or AutoCAD won't work on that PC either.
maybe not the current versions, but you know both of those programs are very old, and started off on far lower end machines

No it won't, fuck off. I went through distro hopping for my 466mhz celeron laptop with 256MB ram and nothing ran smoother than wXP.

I tried
>lubuntu 15.10
>Ubuntu mate
>xubuntu
>slitaz
>tiny core plus

Only tiny core was as smooth as xp but it looked much worse and was a pain to use.

Why don't you run Slitaz on it? Much lighter than xp

I had that same computer.

>Only tiny core was as smooth as xp but it looked much worse and was a pain to use.

Not him. New to this thread. Good to know. I was thinking about tiny core. I've got an old machine that I use for a workshop with xp but I keep it offline.

I know you're a little snippy about the linux bit but I'm pretty sure you can put different desktops on any version of linux and make it easier to use. Doing this can be pain though but it can be done.

I won't be checking into this thread again so you can tell me to fuck off all you want as well and I'll never know it.

Have fun.

I'll suck your dick senpai

I've got nothing against Linux, I'm running solus on an atom d2500 and Fedora with mate on an old AMD laptop, it's just that when you get to hardware this old, you really can't match the performance of wXP.

If you really want Linux you'll be best with jwm or plain openbox or i3, xp would probably still run better, but you miss out on the whole Unix thing and cli that way

Lynx, Links and Emacs all work on Windows.

New fag.

what is the most lightweight browser for a computer running windows 10?

>eMachines

NEVER

OBSOLETE

There is microXP if you want.
I think it uses like ~80 MB of ram.

Windows 7

>10GB dual channel

Use Win2k, not XP.

>compaq tower
>gateway monitor
>emachines keyboard
It's like a smorgasbord of shit.

But they were the 3 best PC brands to ever exist. Too bad they all died. Apple, Dell, and HP are all shit, and so is Lenovo, Acer, and Asus.

8+2

Why are you using windows?

Use Debian with LXDE, disable unnecessary services, bleeding edge software on an ancient PC