Buy an android phone in 2016

>buy an android phone in 2016
>it doesn't lag at all

Why are we still pushing the lagdroid meme again? This isn't 2012.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI
apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf
blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2016/08/is-apples-cloud-key-vault-crypto.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: AFewThoughtsOnCryptographicEngineering (A Few Thoughts on Cryptographic Engineering)&m=1
thehackernews.com/2016/07/iphone-hack-exploit.html
developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because people who paid $600+ for their shitty iPhone want to feel like they didn't get ripped off or they don't know jack shit about phones and want to pretend they know shit.

Anyway I was part of the latter. Have to say that after letting my cousin use her S7 I deeply regret buying my iPhone 6 plus.

The S7 is god tier

they get laggy after like a year, and because android is mostly for poor people they can't afford to upgrade every year

My first gen Moto G is still going strong and there's no lag in it.

I'm running a debloated stock 5 rom

You do realize that the majority of iPhone uses are on phone leases/contracts right? Owning an iPhone is not a sign of wealth, living in a 3 storey house + basement with no renters and owning a BMW is.

>B-B-B-B-BUT IPHOOOOONE
yea whatever

I think there's an article around that 87% of britain users have the 16Gb model. There's another one that states that most people who buy an Iphone are wealthier. But if you save for a month you could buy it. I'm really not sure what to think of it? Also a lot of poor people who buy an iphone 4(s) only around $200 are also counted as Iphone users. Also itsl's only in the US that apple has a large customer base everywhere else it's around 15%. But lots of people around 16 - 30 want it to show of their wealth?

Actually, iPhone users, on average, keep their phones longer than Android users. So no, Android users upgrade more often. Nigger.

Iphones are shit. My mom had an iphone SE. She found the screen too small probaly normal for a 51 year old so she sold it and recieved a new android today. The moto G4 plus. It is as snappy as the iphone se.

>Nigger.

H..herp derp school's almost back in let's be as racist as we can before we get beat up by blacks!

What's the point of the SD card screenshot on top?

>tfw S5 with CM13
>tfw daily builds
>tfw good battery life and no lag

To show SD card capacity sizes I guess. Currently there are not iPhones with 256GB of storage btw.

To compare it with how much manufacturers ask for extra storage.

A current year Android phone never lags. It's more like
>mistakenly update it in 2017
>unusable

That's literally iPhones right now though. Update any iPhone before the iPhone 6s and you will experience massive lag from the get go.

this. my iphone 4 is nearly unusable now, just started looking into shit that isnt apple and trying to find something cost effective. not doing apple again

I wouldn't even call that wealth. You don't buy things because that's how you made your money, but you could have anything within hours on a moment's notice and not even ask how much it costs.

An iPhone doesn't mean you're rich. A new car doesn't mean you're rich. Not even a big house is a sign of being rich. Being rich is wanting for nothing, and being so rich that short of intentionally squandering it, you'll never be not rich.

>it has an android verion on it from 2014
>can't update without rooting
>if i root i lose warranty

Android is literally SHIT.

>Wanting for nothing
So everyone is poor I suppose?

>Poorfag
>Buys an old phone or a poor edition chink shit
>Complains

you can't update andorid on almost 90% of phones without rooting

no matter if its a 50$ or 500$ phone, so please fuck off drone

mostly to trigger phonefags and their $800 penis compensators

lagdroid never was and never is meme
enjoy your laggy java pajeet trash

?

>you can't update andorid on almost 90% of phones without rooting
I doubt that's true.

>ASUS ZF2
>2GB RAM model because I was impatient cunt
>CM13
>Offical still on 5.0
Thank you based Cyanogen & XDA

only 15% users have Android version 6, really makes you think

>updating offical ROM
>installing any ROM
>need Root
GTFO OF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEE

what the fuck are you trying to say you turboautist?

Agreed. I just got my S7, and it is the best phone that I have ever owned. Some memes need to seriously die, as they're completely false.

This. Money cannot buy the one thing rich people want: more money.
Or do you mean like a "rich in heart" thing, since the Buddha had no (earthly) wants after giving away his wealth?

Either way, you wouldn't be human if you had absolutely zero "wants".

Custom firmware is based af.

>money cannot buy more money
>implying
When you grow up you'll learn about investing.

Yeah me three. Rooted the bitch and removed around 750mb of bloat. Now it's perfect.

>Not living in the cloud

>jailbreak iphone
>good hardware AND software

it's almost like lagfags can't see the big picture due to autism. hmmm really makes you think

Hi is this reddit?

>if i root i lose warranty
literally illegal

The cloud is litearlly dogshit. Wake me up when you can upload/download stuff at 1Gbps 24/7 everywhere you go to the cloud for the same price of a mSD card.

It's called enlightenment

I'm almost there

Even those things arent a sign of wealth

RARELY have lags with my Z3.
Don't use it for much more than Shitposting, normiebook and Wikipedia.

Posted from my lag free Z3.

Hardware doesn't magically deteriorate after a year you fucking downie. My Samsung Galaxy S3 runs just fine with a decent kernel and that phone is more than 4 years old.

gr8 b8 m8

Shit, I bought a BMW before having an iPhone, I'm doing this 'starting to become rich' thing wrong. FeelsBadMan

>you can't update andorid on almost 90% of phones without rooting

This is misinformation. First when you root your device, you stop getting ota Android updates. That one of the biggest reasons why people un-rooted their phones in the first place.

Finally the truth is that Android users don't upgrade their phones as much as IOS users do. Fragmentation was all because of the fact Kitkat/Lollipop/Gingerbread were fine with their devices. After all, they are too "poor" to do so.

>>if i root i lose warranty
Jailbreak does the samething.

>Nexus 5
>audio is fucked on stock builds due to Qualcomm bug in the driver
>Google can't fix it per licensing agreements
>Used to flash an XDA fix manually
>One day, decide to check out CM 13
>fix is incorporated into the ROM by default
>literally 99% of the stuff I rooted for is in the ROM by default
>theming engine still lightyears ahead of RRO/Layers
Feels good, man

iphone user keep their phone longer because they can't afford a new one. A large majority of iphone owner is poor.
>inb4 source
go outside to a crowded area to see for yourself.
You want to show off when:
-you're poor and can't support the society pressure
-you're really rich and clearly don't give a shit

I can tell you, you won't ever see irl the second category at your local wallmart.

>$150 chinkphone
>no lag
>insane battery life

Still think I should have gotten the k10000 instead, but the redmi 3 pro has better specs so it balances out

>I bought a BMW
I'm sorry

You are wrong, factory reset your phone I bet it will run faster.

So is my PC. I bought an i7, and shortly after the i8. I couldn't wait to upgrade.

You listed all depreciable assets. Stop talking about what shows wealth. You are so out of touch it's not even comical. Good luck in life.

Your PC is wrong?

Redmi 3 pro bro here
This phone is based as fuck, I just got my code to unlock the bootloader to install that sweet sweet cm13

i have a sony z5 compact and it lags like shit before i removed all the bloatware

they need faster and faster cpus because all these fuckng apps are running in the backround backing up and harvesting ur data.

get xposed and xprivacy stat and reduce permissions

so don't buy phones with bloatware?

>>it doesn't lag at all
youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI

>so don't buy phones with bloatware?
>current year

delete this

Holy shit. It's fucking pathetic how the iPhone is literally running at 1/4 resolution and still only manages to be only a tiny bit faster.

>they get laggy after like a year
OnePlus One user here, had the phone since release, there isn't any lagging at all. Your argument is invalid.

that'd be pretty interesting considering mSD controllers in phones rarely give speeds over 20MBps

van you get stock on it or does that ruin everything? im stuck with nexus because I'm very faithful to the stock material design

>Note 7
>can get free 256gb evo+ sd card

Now tell us how you really feel about iPhone users.

>need to enter PIN to unlock.
>lags like crazy.
>can't even type correctly.

Why Android do this?

>android
>carriers bloat and ads out the ass
>choose between having a locked bootloader and a warranty or flashing a custom ROM with potential bugs and no warranty with a massive security risk from an unlocked/unsigned bootloader
>no encrypted storage by default
>GAPPS constantly mining your data and eating battery even in sleep mode.
>JAVA
yeah, no thanks bro. I'll save $200 on that hideous note 7 and just get an iphone, apple knows how to do security right unlike MS. Apple does a better job than the average Sup Forumsster can do at home.

>android users are poor.
>therefore all iphone owners must be exceedingly wealthy individuals who only buy an apple phone as a status symbol even though Samsung actually has thousand dollar Mont Blanc accessories for their phones.
>nobody buys an iphone because they want to man, it's all for show!

jesus christ the shit you people think.

>no security
>law enforcement can just chip-off the thing and read your data at anytime

sweet sign me up

>current year
>applel inc.

because apple loves shitty incremental hardware updates so we didn't get 2 GB of RAM until the 6s. Can't really blame them for not making an alternate ios version optimized for half the memory.

Morons shouldn't get a new phone every year out of habit, I got a 6s and I'll use it for at least 4-5 years and then sell it for what I paid. You can't do better than that.

They were "fine" being vulnerable to StageFright?

All those users you just described are probably compromised because google and the OEMs and carriers take forever to approve updates or just don't do them at all.

>i think this is how phones work: the post

your stupidity is off the charts, quick get sterilized asap

for only $800 lol

you can get an actual computer for that amount of money, shit is borderline retarded.

enjoy that sweet manchild deluxe digital device ownership

Thanks, man.

I will!

>House
>Depreciable asset

nigger what

>i choose my phone based on ugly ricer shit
>apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf

yeah no thanks, apple has the best device security so I'm going with that.

>iOS
>Security

Let me know when anons start buying hardware security modules for their server rack at home and then maybe you'll have a more secure alternative to what apple does.

but of course nobody has HSMs in their house.

yes that's it, post the decade old reaction image, because it's 2006 in your mind.

is is lonely back there?

The s7 is minor improvements over the s6. Which is expected.

Problem is it runs fucking android which makes it terrible.

jeez, BTFO

btw apple has a cryptographic fort knox basically

blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2016/08/is-apples-cloud-key-vault-crypto.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: AFewThoughtsOnCryptographicEngineering (A Few Thoughts on Cryptographic Engineering)&m=1

Google doesn't have this, they don't want to pay for security anyway.

"A key assertion I've heard is that if Apple can do this, then surely they can do something similar to escrow your keys for law enforcement. But looking at the system shows isn't true at all."

damn, even law enforcement can get into your phone.

of course android isn't even encrypted by default (probably because it introduces even more laggy lag) so anyone can just plug in your phone and read your data. It's really not for privacy minded individuals.

>choosing security over functionality and price.

>iShit
>security

thehackernews.com/2016/07/iphone-hack-exploit.html

>android isn't even encrypted by default
Really? Pretty sure my Nexus 6 had encryption on by default.

Because Samsung still puts out laggy flagships and for some reason its always compared to iPhones.

Pffffft.Mac and IOS are rapidly approaching Wangdows levels of insecurity. Look it up yourself though, you smug bastard.

this was all patched and never discovered in the wild, also sandboxing prevented most it. Android doesn't even do that.

Nice try though maybe one day.

have fun going to a website and being redirected to a russian appstore with vibrating beeping alerts and that being the norm for web browsing on most sites.

or void your warranty and install xposed

This app load comparison shit is just nonsense. The apps aren't the same, the Android games are probably shitty iOS ports to begin with. They probably do a bunch of checks and shit on startup to figure out what they are running on. It's fucking ridiculous to do a speed test like this with multiple games at once.

Why not do just one game and some of the core apps like YouTube and web browsing, instead of about 5 games and shit?

Don't get me wrong, if the end result is faster, it probably doesn't matter much what's going on underneath. But who the fuck wants loading a whole bunch of games and shit to be the standard for judging speed? There is way more important shit like startup time and opening emails.

muh security muhfugga

fbi doesnt give a crap about your loli folder
security is a meme

This here is the big issue.

Google let Android be far too open and all these retarded manufacturers and carriers bloat the shit out of the phones. The lagdroid meme would have never existed had it not been for all this retarded bloat.

hello friend
please examine these firmware packages directly provided by google, for nexus phones here

developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

these images are totally clean and direct from the factory.
they have not been passed through carrier companies with god knows what the fuck mystical alterations to the source code have been done.
3rd party carrier companies are the most dangerous threat to consumers in the mobile field.
its foolish to believe the worst threats come from running poor quality software. while these softwares do exist on google play, they can only be installed by poor judgement. as opposed to some company who has open access to the firmware put directly in your fucking phone.
google has better variety of apps. and yes, shitty apps are included in this variety, but this is actually freedom.
as apposed to the slavery of shit put into your iOS firmware by apple, which is then passed onto other companies who also get to add whatever the fuck they want directly to your phones operating system.

its amazing how fucking stupid you have to be to own any apple products.
you are literally paying for inferior, chinese bullshit

>>i think this is how phones work: the post
>your stupidity is off the charts, quick get sterilized asap
Not that dude but feel free to run games on a PC at 4K resolution vs. 1080p and see what happens.

If you think 3D games on phones are magically radically different than PC, you're an idiot.

iPhone users keep their phones longer than Android users because iPhones don't have performance rot