The dream is over

the dream is over

arstechnica.com/business/2016/08/mozilla-is-changing-its-lookand-asking-the-internet-for-feedback/

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/now-for-the-fun-part/
youtube.com/watch?v=GMkmQlfOJDk
arstechnica.com/business/2016/08/mozilla-is-changing-its-lookand-asking-the-internet-for-feedback/
pt.seaicons.com/tag/xrabbit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything Mozilla has been trash for half a decade, move on.

>This kills Mozilla

Why are all of these so fucking bad Jesus Christ

wow, that's gay

gaymen botnet conspiracy

>and asking the internet for feedback
hopefully they'll realize its fucking awful

Literally shit.

Jesus Christ, those are some of the worst concepts I've ever seen. Even could do better.

There is hope.

I like the dino better but this is pretty based.

Let 'em have it, girls:

blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/now-for-the-fun-part/

i like it

you go glenn coco!

Oh yeah, we're on "that" internet

>you'll never leave the bernestain bears dimension, where internet is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=GMkmQlfOJDk

It's like we're back in the 90s.

Fucking horrible logos. I bet they used tens of thousands of dollars to get this shitty concept up.

>It's like we're back in the 90s.

Netscape was so good. I miss it dearly.

The logo would imply up and downs.
It should look moar like

There is nothing wrong with the current logo.

It doesn't appeal to a "youthful, values-driven audience" or represent "Gutsy, Independent, Buoyant, For Good" which are apparently things that Mozilla desires.

looks like something I can make in Affinity Designer eventho I don't even know how this fucking program works

Fuck Navigator. At least post the Netscape Communicator animation.

Never used that, but i'd watch that tray icon all day long.
Shit kinda reminds me if the win3.1 solitaire card animation when you won the game. Fun fact: i've played solitaire only cause of the animation.

voting for the Monsters Inc one

Litterally none of these work as a good wordmark.

they just can't stop falling

It's really nice of Mozilla to recognize the retrocomputing community by releasing a CGA-compatible logo that also works well on monochrome screens.

woah it looks like temple OS

What the fuck is this shit

the final frame spells "mozilla"

This is what happens when they don't copy Google.

This.

That's not even possible to convey in a logo anyway. People need to stop listening to """artists""".

The actually don't mind the lizard eye one but it triggers my autism how undefined some of the letters are. Everything else is absolute trash, especially that last one holy shit. What the hell were they thinking?

I actually don't blame Mozilla for wanting a new logo. I didn't even know they had one. Even Googling "mozilla logo" just brings up the Firefox icon.

i like the Moz://a one

>Mozilla wants to look like they're stuck in the 1980s

>hopefully they'll realize its fucking awful
Doesn't matter. Ignoring users is what Mozilla does best.

VAPEE NAYSHALL

Isn't that good thou? 80s was great.

That logo would be suited for the header for official company papers, but it's an absolute eyesore otherwise.

The Moz://a logo is the only logo that approaches clever and worthwhile, but even then Mozilla should probably work on improving their products before they change their logo.

Whoever produced that garbage should have their urethra fucked with a rusty garden trowel.

Why the hell they want to changed the logo?

I assume their logic only went as far as "everybody else is doing it, why shouldn't we?"

Meanwhile, in the comments section, a logo made for free that's far better.

Why don't they just put the dino head inside a circle? Kids love circle logos these days.

dont kid yourself

At this point though, though, all of them are missing a good well refinded, non gimicky wordmark.

Tbh they shouldnt have made such a big deal about trying to get community feedback. There is litterally nothing worse then other random peoples feedback when it comes to design.

The best thing to do, is just fucking finish the whole design process then release it. As with all logos there would then be both good and bad reception of it, then after a while, as long as it isnt absolutely fucking terrible it wont kill the company and everyone stops giving a shit about something so unimportant to the every day use of their products as the logo. With this whole feedback proccess they have given everyone the illusion that they have an actual useful say in the matter, so everyone will be super salty when they dont do exactly what they thought was right for the logo.

i like the "M" but its a bit tryhard
the moz://a one is really good concept but i wasnt a huge fan of the execution

\//\

\/\/3 1337 5p34|< |\|o\/\/

is this the early 90s?

>no progress for years
>dev team constantly arguing over pointless minutiae
>highest priority is a trendy logo

When did Sup Forums adopt Mozilla as one of its own projects?

moz://a
Looks actually kind of neat. Only if they don't capitalise the "m"

SJW logo will win.

same exact colour scheme.

does terry know about this?

for

>SJW
>some nigger shit

I think they'll prefer the abstract pussy Mozilla logo.

>freetards in charge of graphic design
the Moz://a one is the only decent one

that example is very 1990-esque

this one is ok, but the filled letters and colorsceme make it look like a power tool company logo

the old mozilla throbber icon looked nice, perhaps they can do something like it

Just bring back the dinosaur.

>guys the dinosaur head doesn't look stylized enough, what do we do?
>make it look new-aged with a wacky and cool style to it
I'm actually surprised they didn't try to make a material design logo

Shit looks like monsters Inc logo with minions color

what an odd way to spell "GNOME & GTK+ developers"

You can really tell the people who made these are women, niggers or beta cucks.

Also I bet none were made in a FOSS image editor/creator.

How to enter this competition??

jesus man

1st design
>goatse, opera-ish
2nd:
>wiggly lines/sparkling wiggles
3rd:
>'player button'
4th:
Probably the one that makes the most sense. But I don't like the blue color scheme.
The rest:
>le avant-garde art garbage

Looks beautiful

Yeah because tons of really profitable companies get by with terrible wordmarks!

Oh wait, they don't. You need at LEAST a passable wordmark to get your brand out there. Nothing will kill a company faster than a logo that doesn't exude at least a bit of competence, let alone quality.

There's literally nothing wrong with their current logo. Looks a damn sight more professional than any of these alternatives.

And Mozilla has proven to have both, competence and quality

It's a proper noun. The 'M' should be capitalized.

Focusing on the important tasks while the whole company is in shambles.

iPhone is a proper noun too.

No it's 1983

These faggots should have asked about the logo in Sup Forums instead.
Pic related, they'll never get something like this.

>arstechnica.com/business/2016/08/mozilla-is-changing-its-lookand-asking-the-internet-for-feedback/
Jesus fuck that's what you get when you let talentless dropouts and "enthusiasts" come up with a logo. Atrocious and amateurish. There's not a single good idea to be found among those.

I dislike them all.

except freetards didn't design them

I really don't get the butthurt in this thread. The logo looks objectively pretty.

done.

post to reddit for le maximum upboats xDD

Moz://a is pretty clever to be honest. It might look even better when the m isn't capitalised.

All of these fucking suck, though.

It's better because is simple and looks good in comparison to the other logos.
Isn't the best logo, tough.

This. Monsters Inc is the only good one

>wasting time and money on revamping a new logo
They could've hired an intern to make the dinosaur more flat design like and call it a day.

Monsters Inc. if they want something different but still tasteful. Moz://a if they want a nice looking me too.

pretty autistic

is this what they came up with in the "what shall we fuck up next" meeting?

pt.seaicons.com/tag/xrabbit/

Probably in the 9am one