Java hate thread

Java hate thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.spring.io/spring/docs/2.5.x/javadoc-api/org/springframework/aop/framework/AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean.html
docs.spring.io/spring/docs/2.5.x/javadoc-api/org/springframework/aop/config/SimpleBeanFactoryAwareAspectInstanceFactory.html
javafind.net/gate.jsp?q=/library/36/java6_full_apidocs/com/sun/java/swing/plaf/nimbus/InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonPainter.html
javafind.net/gate.jsp?q=/library/36/java6_full_apidocs/com/sun/java/swing/plaf/nimbus/InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState.html
grepcode.com/file/repository.springsource.com/org.aspectj/com.springsource.org.aspectj.weaver/1.6.3/org/aspectj/weaver/patterns/HasThisTypePatternTriedToSneakInSomeGenericOrParameterizedTypePatternMatchingStuffAnywhereVisitor.java
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stealing my pic :^)

I am a Java witness and I find this offensive

why do you hate java

Holy fuck I'm dying from laughter over here user take responsibility

why does the kite have 2 ropes

why does your mom have 2 dicks?

so you can suck them both

I can't if she's already fucking and your dad with them.

wtf i hate java now

ok nigger

>doesn't understand oop

ok kiddo

Seriously laughed out loud.

Add a second column to this pic: Income
>C: Your typical irrelevant piece of shit found on an IRC jacking off pretending to be an anime girl telling everyone else how programming "should be"
>Java: Cry all you want but he's probably employed

> Want to install simple program to take backups
> Simple program is written in Java
> Install the Java Runtime Environment
> Start the program, does not work
> Have to set some weird flags
> finally, it works
> No more RAM
> Computer now useless
Thanks Java, you piece of shit

wtf i hate Sup Forums now

fâm you cant fall for bait this shitty.

doesnt Sup Forums always say that unused memory is wasted memory?

>C: Someone who actually understands programing and data structures.
>Java: Some kid with a CS degree with no real knowledge of programming, who took CS because they 'like' computers, and was told in high school it was a good career path just like every other student.

So? Exactly my point. True or not, all that matters is making money. spout all your "actually understands" and age shit but 99% of C turds are still jerking it in the basement past 30 and the java kiddo has a job, making more than the comparison of 0. You know you've fucked up when some random kid or girl can follow tutorials and be employable and you aren't with all your obscure "knowledge"

Use Scala.

>He thinks job prospects are better for Java than C

>> Simple program is written in Java

>doesn't name the program
>doesn't say what kind of backup
>using any "simple program" written in an ENTERPRISE language
maybe it's not Java that's bad here
maybe it's the programmer that wrote it
maybe it's you for considering it

>he thinks they aren't

>spot the neet

double nigger

OK, I'm not shitting you, these are real classes from Java frameworks:

AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean
>docs.spring.io/spring/docs/2.5.x/javadoc-api/org/springframework/aop/framework/AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean.html

SimpleBeanFactoryAwareAspectInstanceFactory
>docs.spring.io/spring/docs/2.5.x/javadoc-api/org/springframework/aop/config/SimpleBeanFactoryAwareAspectInstanceFactory.html

InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonPainter
>javafind.net/gate.jsp?q=/library/36/java6_full_apidocs/com/sun/java/swing/plaf/nimbus/InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonPainter.html

InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState
>javafind.net/gate.jsp?q=/library/36/java6_full_apidocs/com/sun/java/swing/plaf/nimbus/InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState.html

HasThisTypePatternTriedToSneakInSomeGenericOrParameterizedTypePatternMatchingStuffAnywhereVisitor
>grepcode.com/file/repository.springsource.com/org.aspectj/com.springsource.org.aspectj.weaver/1.6.3/org/aspectj/weaver/patterns/HasThisTypePatternTriedToSneakInSomeGenericOrParameterizedTypePatternMatchingStuffAnywhereVisitor.java

>Need to reverse engineer some APK to make a bruteforcer
>find some shitty debugger that has hex-rays like feature for classes and xrefs
>2 hours in
>deobfuscate http signature hashing
>get java out of memory exception
>database is corrupt and cant recover
>lost everything
>FUCK U PAJEET AND UR SHITTY ENTEPRISE SOFTWARE

would you rather see shit like aspfb(), sbfaaif(), ififtpiftpmbp(), ififtpiftpmbwnfs(), httpttsisgoptpmsav()?

it's not the 70's anymore, modern screens can fit lines longer than 80 characters and IDEs have auto-complete and easy refactoring (i.e. Alt+Shift+R in Eclipse will rename things and all appropriate references) so you basically never have to type out the full names

>developing on a live database and not a copied database
>using a database that can corrupt itself
you've only got yourself to blame

>eclipse
>renaming only the appropriate references

ha

>InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState
holy kek

>Java: Cry all you want but he's probably employed
Maybe, but it's probably some shitty dead end job making shitty enterprise software at a shitty non-tech-centric company in a midwestern shithole town.

The answer is not to specialize in C or Java but to ride the wave of market demand in consumer-facing software development and make things that are actually interesting at companies that actually value their engineers. Right now iOS engineers are most in demand out here in SV, so that's what I do but as soon as there's a hint of changing winds, I'll be there ready to catch them.

Long names aren't bad, but they should actually mean something, ideally. Java names are fluff on top of fluff with added nonsense to avoid name conflicts.

Cocoa does the long name thing too but in a much more tolerable way, with names like:
UICollectionViewFlowLayoutInvalidationContext
automaticallyEnablesStillImageStabilizationWhenAvailable
navigationControllerPreferredInterfaceOrientationForPresentation

Verbose as hell, but at least the verboseness serves a solid purpose: objective-c code is almost unavoidably self-documenting and easy to read. Java is rarely either.

Because it's a sport/stunt kite that can be maneuvered int he air.

>C: Someone who doesn't understand OOP
Fixed. Good luck finding a job not knowing OOP.

>he seriously believes they aren't
C for the most part isn't relevant anymore outside of embedded systems

>Java names are fluff on top of fluff with added nonsense to avoid name conflicts.
that largely depends on who wrote the code

Non programmer here

Why is it so shit? I always remember java applets fucking my CPU hard no matter how simple it was.

Is it because of shitty programmers or java itself? If it's java why the fuck is it used?

It sucks because it's popular. Not that popularity is the direct cause, but popularity causes it to be a very common choice for absolute beginners, and a very common choice for projects by managers who want something done quick and sloppy.

"Write once, run anywhere" is ridiculously seductive despite being unrealistic (at least in the realm of user-facing desktop applications), so you end up with people who ignore the unrealistic bit and elope to an uncharted island with their newfound love (Java). The seduction eventually wears off, but unfortunately many of these people end up marooned on that island for life. Only a lucky few manage to get back to mainland.

Please tell me more on how you solved it. I'm experiencing some Java issues as well with a certain program (Android Notifier), and you might give me inspiration for a fix.

>being this buttblasted about an ancient meme picture
lmao @ ur life m8

Earn 40k doing Java shit
Aye admin learns C earns 80k bye fag

i need to make a web project in java for college, any advice on what to use?

javascript

That's for reasons outside of the language itself. Java is liked in business because of things like portability and how easy it is to hire people who can use it.

That said I don't think you care either way which one is better and you just have a bone to pick with C users.

lol, you just jealous because we have good paying jobs. Enjoy being unemployed.