Do you suffer from brand loyalty?

Do you suffer from brand loyalty?
If so, which brand and why?

I sport a heavy bias towards Gigabyte products.

Got this mobo + an i7 870 second hand 4 years ago for cheap, been running at 4.17ghz since then with no signs of wearing out.

Some kid I know sold me his windforce gtx 680 last year after his clc leaked all over it and it's still running great with a light overclock.

My mother's computer is an a8 7600 with a gigabyte F2A68HM board (was the cheapest at the time too) which is working flawlessly.

Meanwhile my dad had to replace his Asus h61 board for his i7 2600 twice since buying it, even though Asus is a good brand too? My t100ta has been great so far at least.

Anyways,
Brand loyalty thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nvidia
intel

Amada :3

As big blunders as AMD makes, I trust their products to a large degree. I have a slight hard on for Logitec mice.

ASRock motherboards
EVGA graphics cards

Honda
Intel
Samsung
EVGA

they're more expensive than other similar brands, but at least I know I'll get what I paid for 9 times out of 10

For me it's always been Asus and Sapphire. Gigabyte has always been a second option.
I had some bad luck with MSI in the past and can't get past that, same with EVGA even though they some of the most popular.
Also I admit I am biased for AMD moreso because I hate the jew practices of Intel and Nvidia but I don't let the bias outweigh performance per dollar facts. I just like to have competition in the market.

AMD does tend to age better(with the exception of hd6000 and hd5000) so it's usually the better buy, but my i7 is still running everything I throw at it just fine

None at all, I get whatever I feel has the best reviews and is trustworthy at a good price

>gigabyte GPU last build, EVGA this build
>seasonic PSU last build, EVGA supernova this build
>ASRock mobo last build, gigabyte this build
>g.skill RAM last build, corsair this build
>CM case last build, phanteks this build

I bought a EVGA 970 and was impressed so bought a 1070 also, for the global warranty mainly and the gaymer lights.

Non shit PSUs
Monitor

I don't have brand loyalty becasue I haven't bought any parts in 5 years. But If I build again I'm definitely going with a gigabyte mobo/intel CPU.

Also gotta give props to my antec khuler 620. Haven't had to reseat/repaste it since I first stuck it on and the temps are still incredible.

My AMD GPU has held up, it's had issues but held up. I'll probably go with nvidia next time for better drivers (esp. on linux).

HD 6000 and 5000 is amazing back then, best bang of buck, better than rehash housefire nv did.

Gigabyte is trash dude, better go with MSI/Asus, their board died quickly and I spend $300 for it and 3 times RMA, Google it some of them are flaw, they have gazillion revision on their board.

My HD6870 didn't age too well, but for the time it was great value.

And I'm good with gigabyte until they give me a reason to change brands, so far their qc has been top tier from what I've seen.

Idk how Asus let shit like the strix 960 available for purchase without testing that power draw issue.

Sony. The last laptops they made before they axed the laptop division are amazing. It has a lot of good features at a reasonable price.

I'm a little sad that the FUjitsu-Toshiba-Vaio alliance didn't come into fruition. It would have been nice to see a japanese-all-stars laptop.

I've got one with the battery dock.

Cooling is pretty shit in it and the manual graphics switch isn't compatible with Linux, but it's still a nice laptop with really good battery life.

As-salāmu ʿalaykum brothers. I buy halal AMD. Inshallah I hope the new Vega gpus halak alqism al'aezam NVIDIA.

Waʿalaykumu salam brother. Truly the Nvidels need to be wiped out. Behead those who insult AMD!

I definitely buy AMD products personally, however that doesn't stop me from recommending Intel and Nvidia products to other people.

Although I have never really experienced the Drivers issue that people claim "makes AMD unuseable."

Pic Related is my recent card I bought from them.

I like the color scheme on your board OP.

As far as brand loyalty I have none. I used nvidia for my past 2 builds but the one I'm doing this month is pure AMD.

I suppose I tend to prefer Asus stuff if I'm pushed to decide based ONLY on brand in the PC realm but I really don't care much.

I suppose I only buy nintendo consoles...that's kinda Sup Forums but it's the best I've got for ya.

Yes.

Apple laptops/phones.

Intel CPUs.

AMD GPUs.

Asus Motherboards.

Corsair PSUs and cases.

Python.

It fucking killed me when I had to purchase a compute cluster and they only offered Tesla cards.

Zotac, at least i wasn't cucked yet and still werks.

>Corsair PSUs and cases.
Corsair is disgusting, bunch of rebranding fucks.
They never manufacture anything electronic and act like they own the place.

Most of them can make modifications to the base OEM. The early Corsair PSU were pretty shit, but the higher end ones are pretty good I read.

I'm not loyal to brands but I will purchase the same brand again if I get good performance/support/reliability from a product.

>but the higher end ones are pretty good I read.
The higher end ones are almost worthless, you aren't going to need a 1000W PSU ever, unless you got some crazy 2 CPU + 4GPU set up with a lot of HDDs.
And the way they market their shit is downright misleading.

I want some companies to start making 450W-550W Titanium rated PSUs.

I always have a sweet spot for Asus' top end boards

PSUs drop efficiency the closer to their limits you go.
Give me a 850 or 1kw unit to run my 400-500w machine instead, and wire it in to a 230v supply.
96% efficiency

Zildjian

Asus
Kingston
Intel

Intel
Qualcomm
Sandisk
Seagate
Lenovo Think*
Logitech Darkfield
Dell (monitors only)

Volkswagen

Nike
Caterpillar
Sketchers
Perry Ellis
Ogio
Guess
Lucky Brand Jeans
Haggar
Fruit of the Loom comfort soft
Calvin Klein (socks)

Chobani
Tillamook
Best Foods

Old Spice
Crest
Irish Spring
Pantene
Norelco

>Do you suffer from brand loyalty?

Not really, but if one particular brand has been reliable, from my personal experience, I'll continue to use them.

That's not "suffering" from anything. That's actually being a good consumer.

When you keep using a brand after it's failed you in the past, it's being a fanboy.

There's a fine line between brand loyalty and fanboyism.many cross over without even realizing it.

High end doesnt mean High power famalam.

Gigabyte -only for the mobo, lasted me 8 years of everyday use
Seasonic PSU - didnt die on me every 2-3 years, now 5 years running
Logitech k/m- mouse didnt die on me every year
Seagate HDD- 160gb HDD still alive for more than a decade. 1GB- 4 years running
Intel- P4 and Q6600 served me well and didnt run like fire unlike AMD CPUs, planning to get i5 4690 or 6600 this week

I'll probably drop a product if they fuck it up twice.

Nvidia is pissing me off, but AMD is poorly priced in our country so its not a fucking alternative.

I like MSI and their meme red/black aesthetic. I have a gaming 7 mobo and had an MSI 970 before I got a 980ti hybrid. The seahawk is ugly as fuck and I think it is too crowded having two CLCs in there. But, the better cooling allows for more stable clocks, making 1% frame time lows better, so I dunno. But, this comparison was from gamers nexus' comparison between TitanX stock and their diy hybrid, so it probably doesn't apply to an aftermarket air cooler. I'll probably get nvidia's next generation 1180ti or whatever. 980ti is still pretty good

ramble ramble ramble

I still have my sapphire 6970 and it's running great! I haven't had the need to upgrade any further since I bought it! Works like a charm in games, even eyefinity! Also works great in Linux too! Unless I got an antilemon, my card is still going strong!

>going strong
Is your card even on the list?

I will only ever buy a corsair power supply.
Nothing else exists to me

videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Still on this one big boii

>those requirements
that game had better look like real life or i'm going to be pissed

Cx650 here, solid psu.

Is the 400, 500, or 600 series from nvidia? Yet a 470, 560, or 650 should still be fine for 1080p60fps with lowered settings.

you drunk or not?
the hell you're talking about?

Well my gtx570 still runs shit fine on medium/high settings, so why can't a 560?

then go test your 570 when de:md is available in 2 days see if its still will get 60 fps on mid settings

I fail to see why it wouldn't

how did your pc do with witcher 3 and hitman

No, i wish i did. My gigabyte z170n wifi is giving me the shits, and i should have shopped around to find an asus z170i pro gaming

Honda cars
Dell monitors
Google Nexus
Gigabyte motherboards

Logitech. It may just be extreme luck, but for whatever reason I have never had an issue with their mice or keyboards.

I wouldn't know, I'm not some retarded 1337 gamor who wastes his life maxing out the latest titles on launch day, I just play gta v or bf4 with my friends every few nights

apple

i've only bought 1 product (macbook air 2012) but i like them because they made my life easier when i dealt with their customer support (battery replacement) they even have local service centres so i don't have to ship my stuff

i had a lenovo z400 that had a faulty hard drive and they made me wait 2 months to get a fully working replacement. there were lots of back and forth and i spent a lot on shipping costs, 1st time they didn't find any problems so I had to give them steps to reproduce a blue screen, 2nd time they just did a reformat without testing the whole drive (it blue screens when you access the bad sector) 3rd time they finally replaced the hard drive.

lenovo z400 already put in my storage because it gave thermal shutdowns even just for browsing, but i can still use my macbook today, it performs just as well as when i first bought it, just had to do a battery replacement

apple products can be good even if they are expensive, if you have the self-control to not buy the new 'edition' of your product when they come out and use them until they're on their last fucking breath.

and that's my unpopular opinion for today

>Do you suffer from brand loyalty?
No, whenever im gonna buy something i do a little research, trying to get the most for my money.
That includes software as well, i dont give a shit whoever develops software, if its useful and i like it i use it, period.

Logitech
HP
Subaru

Fuck the rest

Efficiency != heat produced.
i.e. your PSU running at 500W at 96% efficiency will still produce more heat when running at 250W at 93% efficiency. In the end it doesn't fucking matter.
Besides, your 400-500W machine will run at 50-100W 90% of the time.

Intel and Asus, I got fucked by msi on my last motherboard and will never purchase another one of their products ever

you should upgrade to the 1080 hybrid and get the custom pcb goodness, it has the same pcb from the FTW edition.

Do it famalam

I'm saving up for the Ark DTS catback exhaust for my meme car BRZ. I think I'm going to upgrade to the 1180 way down the line instead of the 1080ti. Based on the 1080 pricing nightmare the 1080ti is going to cost like $1000. Better price to performance going with the 800 instead of the ti. The ti badge is nice though. I did see that EVGA upgraded from the crap reference style blower fan to a push fan

ASUS motherboards.
Intel processors
nVidia GPUs (I've owned five GPUs in my lifetime, the only two I had problems with were ATI)
Logitech MX518 or G400s, no exceptions

Everything else is fair game though I tend to buy Corsair PSUs.

AMD
Logitech
Google

1v1 me irl Sup Forums

That was the board I purchased for my first build.

That board is a reliable piece of kit.

However, the gigabyte board I bought for my second build with the knowledge of how reliable their products were, failed on me after 4 months of use.

Went to MSI and haven't looked back.

Using an old gigabyte right now due to liquid damage on my half year old MSI board now. I ordered a new board which was dead on arrival so now I get to wait another week for a new one.
Hoping the cpu didn't fry shit otherwise I'm fucked.
Otherwise corsair has been reliable to me

Damn man, that sucks.

I usually give brands 2 chances before changing though since everything has a failure rate and nothing is 100% guaranteed.

If they fail me twice I'm moving on without a glance back.

>Corsair products
>ever

logitech

Yeah, I suppose I could have stuck with them. The reason I switched was because it failed after 4 months.

4 months means the board just died from use, if it came DOA I could understand that it may have been damaged in shipping or what have you.

AMD CPU
Gigabyte motherboards
Noctua fans
Samsung phones
Lenovo notebooks

No, I just look up what is currently the best/most reliable.

Logitech mice. Ever since my mx518 lasted 9 years, I've stuck with them, even though first G303 had sensor rattle (got it replaced without problem, though).

I'm also turning into a Xiaomi brand whore. I already own a pair of Piston 3, a Redmi Note 3 Pro, I ordered a power bank of goybest and thinking about getting their notebook if I ever plan to retire my x220. I know I'm s brand whore, but the products I own are really great in terms of price/value.

Posted from my Redmi Note 3 Pro running CM13

i currently down own any two electronic devices of the same brand, even including the kitchen

It could have also been a dodgy component that passed QA but still failed after some use?

I'm not trying to bash you for changing brands, I'd be upset too if I was you.

Intel
Nvidia
Logitech

[spoiler] I'm not a shill desu

logitech mice because of the shape

Honda/Ford for cars
DELL for monitors, workstations
Lenovo Think* for laptops
No preference for mice
No preference for keyboards
AMD for anything that should last
Sapphire/XFX for AMD cards
NVIDIA for anything that runs on Linux
EVGA/MSi for NVIDIA cards
Seasonic for PSUs
No preference for cases
IKEA for my furniture

I've had lots of Asus products. Right now my mobo and GPU is Asus. None has ever broken so far so there's that.

gigabyte and asus for gpu and mobo respectively. ASUS is literally the only good mobo brand if you're looking for more features, and gigabyte has just always worked for me so i've never thought of switching.

Logitech for literally any peripherals(headphones, mice, etc). They're literally the only brand that makes good products for shit.

i used to have nzxt loyalty for cases, but then i tried a corsair and i can literally never go back to non modular drive cases

Here's an unwarranted story about my history with graphics cards:

>1st (family owned, prebuilt) computer, bought by parents for 'homework'
GeForce 2, worked great for Age of Empires, Half-Life and all the GoldSrc mods. This is the card that switched me on to PC gaming.

>2nd computer, my first build, shoestring budget and no clue what I was doing. Pentium D baby
GeForce 7600GT, we Source now. Worked great for all my Source games and performed admirably for Battlefield 2.

>3rd computer, saved up some more money, splurged some on a fancy Lian-li case to take me through my next couple builds
Radeon HD 4870. It kinda worked, but right from the start it ran hot as hell. It also tended to cut out completely when playing certain games - C&C Generals being the one I remember most. Not graphically intensive, but it would make the temps shoot up until the whole computer shut down. Replaced fairly swiftly with:

>4th computer, at university, built in preparation for BF3's release (not a great idea in hindsight)
GTX 460. probably my favourite card to own out of the bunch. It was cheap and handled everything thrown at it while running much quieter and cooler than the 4870. Never so much as a stutter, absolute workhorse.

>5th computer, built in preparation for BF4, because fuck learning from mistakes
R9 280X. A pain in the arse, ran hot and loud just like the old 4870. After a year it started with graphical artefacts all over. Initially infrequent and minor, they ramped up in severity until I decided 'fuck it' and bought:

>6th (current) computer
GTX 980 Ti. No problems so far. Twinned with a ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz monitor and I don't see myself upgrading any time soon.

tl;dr: fuck ATi/AMD.

No, I only have the opposite. I'll never buy seagate again (had 2 drives that failed) and never have and never will buy anything from apple, for obvious reasons.

Fuck Seagate.
WD is where it's at.
My only seagate failed after 6 years.

Not really a loyalty but I try to buy anything asus because other brands service center are very far away from where I live from.

My asus 260x gets so hot and loud, but considering at that price the only other option was a gtx 650, I'd say I made the right choice for once

apple

I like Gigabyte.
A cheap AMD3+ board can support the most power hungy CPU's. Got it for 70 euros new. Still working after 2 years with no problem

Ultra durable isn't just a meme, they really mean it.

Forgot pic

I do in clothing, simply because I know that the brands I buy dont fuck me over. Kinda do in terms of keyboards as well. Dont even look at anything else but Leopold.

i usually like gigabyte but fuck them for putting the USB3.0 header here on this board

Gigabyte mobos. They're tanks.
Logitech mice.
Dell monitors.
Ibanez guitars.
Seiko watches

forgot board

Eizo monitors.
WD hard drives.
Sigma camera lenses.
Zippo lighters.

Habibi's we must eliminate the infidels. almawt la nvidia

Zippo lighters, IBM computer stuff, Sony PVMs.
Also Commodore, good ol' Commodore. C64, PET, Amiga, you name it.

>Honda
>more expensive

Space looks very limited so I can see why they did it, but still, HAHAHAHAHA

Victorinox
Clairefontaine those papers man best paper I have ever used
Logitech.I love my g300 some cable problems after 3 years but still perfect.I will probably buy g300s when it dies.

grab that 6600k while it's still on sale broheim