Does Sup Forums store it's files in the cloud?

does Sup Forums store it's files in the cloud?
why or why not?

Yes, I use owncloud.

>storing files
Hoarding is a sickness user

I have a home server that I can access remotely if necessary. That is as cloud-y as I get.

and if the power goes out?

Then I can't access it until the power comes back on.

We moved into the house I'm in 3 years ago. Since that time, there hasn't been a single outage. I am not concerned about power outages (the server is on a UPS anyways; it's just the router and cable modem that would have to come back up).

Yes, I use Google Drive but with an encrypted layer like Boxcryptor, so Google can't just look through all my shit.

Why? Because it's another form of backup that I will need if my house burns down or someone breaks in and steals/breaks all my shit including my own cloud.

but how would i be able to stream my files if there encrypted?

You install Boxcryptor or whatever alternative you wanna use on whatever device you need to acces the files from, and it provides an encrypted layer where you can just regularly access your files.

If you're talking about streaming movies and shit, than just don't encrypt them.

well i like the comfort of the google drive stream. its nice. if i upload 30tb it would take me along time to download it

With those speeds, your own cloud is the only option.

Forget about everything else until you get a decent connection.

thanks

>sister's smartphone breaks
>have old one. Used it like three times. Decide to give it to her
>"Meh, I don't need to factory reset it. I'll just delete my wallpaper and photos and it'll be clean."
>few months later
>new videos show up on my Youtube channel
>it's her
>tell her to bring phone back so I can remove her from my accounts
>she brings phone over. I start looking through it.
>WTF... anime pictures?
>MY anime pictures
>my old anime pictures, long deleted from my PC
>where did she get these? They were never on the phone
>keep scrolling
>hentai, hentai, hentai
>I recognize it all
>forgot I had a Google Drive
>I had uploaded a folder of pics
>forgotten subfolder of loli hentai
>she went through my loli hentai
>she downloaded my loli hentai

did wincest commence thereafter?

When upload/download speeds are the same or superior to read/write drive speeds, I'll use the damn cloud.

Enjoy your embarrassing holiday dinners to come.

Windows 10 does the same shit and lots of people don't even realize it. Good times.

Only Apple uses special HSMs for their key management, it's like a bank vault. They're more secure than the average user's home cloud server.

not really. i have some files i need on my google drive for convenience, not much though.

i can't be bothered spending all that time syncing all my important shit, it would take way too long to upload it all.

Same. All my pepes and smug anime girls are stored on my home server.

Nope
>why
I've got 6.5TiB of storage in my home server.

My internet is shit, so no.

Yeah I got my external cloud I can plug up to my computer. It may have backdoors in it but at least it's not on foreign soil.

Google photos on my android for saving camera photos

Google docs for saving docs

Dropbox for syncing my KeePass and wallpapers etc

I have 60 KB/s upload so mostly I keep stuff on my ext hard drive

>he doesn't have his own home data storage capability exceeding at least several 10s of TB
"but what if i leave home"
>you cant solve that
>you leave home

>what is seeing a server

KEK

I don't use more data than a TB.

I have a 750 gig hard drive where I back up shit and pit g/fur comics on. Dunno why I'd need more

What if your house burns down or someone steals your server

Don't want Russian hacker and NSA + more get a copy of my files