Every single operating system today is fucked

>windows is forcing unhelpful, tacky or even straight up malicious shit onto users
>Linux development community split among dozens of standards, who the fuck knows if x software will work on your system out of the box
>OS X is shiny but nonstandard, probably won't work on your hardware. SUPER unoptimized, menus will be choppy on any non modem GPUs, nearly unusable without at least 6gb ram
>BSD has lolnosupport at all
>Actually nice, snappy, optimized, fresh clean feeling OSes like Haiku are shunned by users and not even supported by the biggest open source advocates (Firefox), the devs can't even scrape together the money to license the patent for antialiased fonts + font hinting; you have to compile the whole os yourself if you want this.
Anyone else feel like killing themselves?

Amiga

Solaris 10

10 works here.
PEBKAC

Faggot

Those fall under the Haiku category. Literally nobody external developing for them.

>who the fuck knows if x software will work on your system out
Your distro if you picked a good one. That's the purpose of packaging.

something something holograms something something smart phones something something revolutionary

i'd run haiku on my laptop at least if there was just some software for it

Steam hasn't worked in Arch since April unless you wanna launch it with a custom command every time or downgrade your libgl packages.
I guess I shouldn't have figured Arch was gonna be a good distro though
>honestly it's steam's fault for having weird proprietary custom versions of a bunch of libraries rather than just using the system libraries but you know I don't really care I'm just upset

>windows is forcing unhelpful, tacky or even straight up malicious shit onto users
False.

>Linux development community split among dozens of standards, who the fuck knows if x software will work on your system out of the box
True but not an actual problem, can be very good.

>OS X
Faggot/SJW OS nobody with a brain cares about.

>BSD has lolnosupport at all
False.

>Actually nice, snappy, optimized, fresh clean feeling OSes like Haiku
That OS is shit and you're just a contrarian teenager.

just create a custom desktop file with the line
Exec=env STEAM_RUNTIME=0 /usr/bin/steam %U
forces steam to use your system libraries instead of their cuck libraries

Honestly this. I just want a modern browser (Firefox pls) and a good media player+torrent client+good drivers (as in pixel perfect scrolling via trackpad scrolling, not that "trackpad scrolling just spams mouse wheel over and over" bullshit).
The Haiku web browser can't even do youtube without fucking up the layout.

>instead of their cuck libraries
If you use Steam on GNU/Linux at all you are the cuck.

You're a idiot.

>>Linux development community split among dozens of standards, who the fuck knows if x software will work on your system out of the box

that's why Ubuntu exists

ok

Ubuntu a shit

>there's too many standards
>let's make a new standard so that there's only one standard
Fuck you I'm not posting the XKCD strip Randall is a hack

True.

Fixed it.

well it has a 3 year old version of mplayer, and an 8 year old version of firefox

it does also now have a package manager, which is awesome

It just werks

Ubuntu sucks. The Ubuntu base however is solid. The base is just glorified Debian with a huge community.

>>Linux development community split among dozens of standards, who the fuck knows if x software will work on your system out of the box
what? do you even realize what you're saying?

I have yet to find any software that doesn't work on certain distros, not even sure what you mean here

>Steam hasn't worked in Arch since April unless you wanna launch it with a custom command every time or downgrade your libgl packages.
wut

I did help someone setup Steam yesterday and noticed that the find command to delete steam's libs so it uses your systems was taken down from the steam troubleshooting archwiki page, but it does still work. I'm currently on Arch and using Steam with no problems.

>OS X part

can confirm, 2 years ago 8gb of ram was OK, now the same amount of memory is not enough and it constantly chews away at swap

meanwhile my windows machine had 8gb for a very long time and I haven't had any issues with that much memory, only reason why I got 16gb is because one of my memory sticks became defective

>>windows is forcing unhelpful, tacky or even straight up malicious shit onto users
>False.
not false

>True but not an actual problem, can be very good.
not true

>>>OS X
>Faggot/SJW OS nobody with a brain cares about.
are you kidding? fuck off

>>BSD has lolnosupport at all
>False.
you are right here at least

stop posting please

bump

just join a said linux community

Friends don't let friends use arch. It's not even fair to call it a linux distro because it doesn't ship with any software. Use Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, or Fedora

>Anyone else feel like killing themselves?
yes

Google is making a new OS

>inb4 it's android based
>inb4 it will become a massive hit
>inb4 it will be fast, pretty and stable

>Google is making a new OS
welcome to the only OS more invasive than wincucks.

>inb4 it's designed entirely for servers
>inb4 it supports graphics hardware only for purposes of running CUDA kernels

>modern "Amiga"
>hardware antiquated since over a decade sold at 3x the cost of a reasonable modern PC, just to rip off sentimental cucks

>0.02 shekels deposited to your M$ shill account

just use Ubuntu
it just works

so what, you'll have to give up gaming. boo hoo

you remind me of this overweight, cringelord autist who always said the same thing when talking about how "le stupid le customer is".

I'm glad I'm out of the ERP industry.

but Linux software doesn't come in boxes...

i bought a boxed copy of fedora in a shop once

OS X is great

just not on a wonky hackintosh

seriously, best OS I've used since 1995.

>five posts in a row just full of greentext
So vile

>I use windows 10
>I hate myself, please kill me

>complains about greentext
>uses greentext
is this satire? Are we being had here?

>It is the year of our lord, two thousand and sixteen, and ""people"" on Sup Forums still struggle to comprehend and utilize Windows and Linux
Just get yourself a Mac and get off Sup Forums

>who the fuck knows if x software will work on your system out of the box.
Don't try to add suse repos to you're ubuntu installation.

i only play csgo and dota 2 and i haven't experienced any bugs in ubuntu, also i use unity for work and i haven't experienced much problems except for a couple crashes once in a while

(unity 3d, not the visual interface for linux)