Powershell on Linux

Alright Sup Forums, Powershell is now free as in freedom (MIT licensed) and runs on Linux. Have you tried it yet? What are your thoughts?

github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell

Microsoft Linux when

why ? when bash is comfy

It's shit

Did Stallman or Torvalds said anything about this?

Literally the only reason to use it is for an OOP shell but pretty much only .NET programs on Windows even return objects.

It's Microsofts way of breaking things. Now they want to make programs that you'll have to use with powershell on Linux. Then drop support on Linux ofr those programs so you have to switch back to windows.

Never use MS products. Anyone who tries to convince you to use ANY MS product is a shill.

>Then drop support on Linux ofr those programs
But Powershell is already free and open source, so anyone can keep developing it if there's a demand. You can just retract MIT licensing. Once that shit's out there, it's fair game for anyone to do with as they please.

Bash for win.
Powershell for linux.

Sounds like intercourse, doesn't it?

Yeah powershell, but not the programs that they're going to build/port for linux that will require powershell.

But of course you know this don't you? shill.

So... they open source Powershell. Then they make a program for Linux that uses Powershell. Then they remove the new program that they made, but we still have Powershell because it's free software. This brings us right back to where we are now, with Powershell but without that one new program.

How does this cause Linux to lose users again?

Not going to bother explaining this to a literal shill.

Prove I'm a shill.

I agree with this.

An OOP shell is interesting but not if it can't be implemented freely and without risks of vendor lock-in.

Like two girls exchanging clothes, to be exact.

You have a tripcode.
Also filtered so don't bother replying

Kinda useless without the windows specific crap.

SHITE
H
I
T
EAT IT
Nobody wants your garbage, Micrococks.

This so much. Never use M$ shit. If it weren't for Win8 and Win10 being so beyond cancer for privacy, I might welcome something like this, but at this point I wouldn't recommend jack shit from them.

And if you're not a tech-illiterate, you shouldn't need powershell over bash. Avoid like the plague!!

It could be interesting but I'll probably never use it so meh.

And both are fat, gross and inherently instable. Redox ftw.

powershell makes way more sense than bash does, as a guy who uses both at work.

fuck all the stupid program names linux uses

>$PSVersionTable.PSVersion
powershell --version

Fuck off retard you may as well use javascript as your shell.

And that manages to be rusty even if new