His Sup Forums Im a noob at tech stuff I just need a strong laptop £200 and under for my college shit any...

His Sup Forums Im a noob at tech stuff I just need a strong laptop £200 and under for my college shit any recommendations?

Thinkpad

what sort of thinkpad?
I have the exact same problem as the OP

>inb4 I need for school and gaming

x220

but user video games aren't a real hobby
thank you though

What are the pros and cons of a thinkpad?

i bought a thinkpad x220 and its legit, just buy an x220 or t420, both are godsend laptops

For just school and browsing x220
If you need to swap portability for gaming, then T420

Or alternatively take a spin to /tpg/ and ask there for more in-depth answers and other suggestions.

Pros
>Best performance to price ratio
>Sexy matte finish
>Universal design
>Clit
>Keyboards on some models are fantastic
>Fingerprint scanner
>Easily upgradeable, everything is documented and parts and plentiful
>Available anywhere

Cons
>Usually have to buy used
>Its a meme (but still good)
>Build quality is questionable on some models
>Depending on how much you want to throw at it, upgrades (SSD, RAM, Screen, battery, etc) might be necessary

I didn't expect such thorough answers, thanks.

So, despite it being a meme, its legit? I really might consider it.

Typing on a T420 right now.

In all honesty, I would recommend this to anyone who is on the fence with PCs in general, smartphone only users, console players, etc. It's sub $300 at max and it really offers a great look at what a full-fledged PC would give to its user.

Don't fall for the thinkpad meme.

Go for something newer. Newer laptops are not not faster, but also contains more features like ssd, usb 3, etc

And you can get one for

the t420s are from the sandybridge era.
processors have NOT become faster since then, just a itty bit more energy efficient.

so it really does make no difference performance wise.
and since I get 8h on battery on my t520 on balanced mode with a i5 cpu, the reduced power consumption is NOT worth the extra cash

>strong laptop £200
I don''t think that's possible unless you buy a used machine from ebay.

Got any brand recommendation? I'm looking at a sale for a refurbished t420 for 160€.

just make sure it has the i5 and a decent screen, everything else is secondary.

I already have a decent desktop PC, I really just need a laptop that has enough power and battery to hold a day of college classes.

This, my T420 with a 1600x900 screen and 2520M is still my primary laptop. I've spent thousands on other computers but I've never seen anything more desirable.

My previous laptop had an Intel Celeron at 1.2 GHz. I really need that i5

>t420
>gaming

what

I'd go for the Dell Inspiron 3000 that ships with ubuntu. It's cheap and well functioning with great battery life. Or a C720 chromebook, which you can get for around £150, but you'd need to make some modifications to get a desktop (non-chomeOS) operating system working on it.

used thinkpad. Check ebay

You can attach an eGPU with the expresscard slot for muh gaming.

But then again the x220 can do this too so i don't know, maybe he's high.