Well. Sup Forums?

Well. Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

gs6.wonderhowto.com/how-to/swap-back-recents-keys-your-samsung-galaxy-s6-0161529/
androidcentral.com/these-are-oneplus-3-tips-and-tricks-you-need-know
exhentai.org/s/287859cf4c/913408-24
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The bottom, but your shitty drake meme is still shitty.

Literally no one prefers top.

>subjective debate topic remains subjective.
This is just going to either die or turn into an irrelevant circle jerk.

Thanks for the top quality posts m8.

That's actually surprisingly wrong

Flip phones > Smartphones

>back button on the right

Literally who gives a shit

Nothing wrong with software keys, less border and one less failure point.

There is no reason for top.

That's how it is. Samsung is the only company that does it right.

If you want you could also do it on the oneplus phones.

Candybar phones > flip phones

Would make my life so much harder with no maps, no notes, no email and no google drive.

Honesty I prefer on screen, I like as few physical buttons as possible. It's also nice to be able to move them after a while it change how they look.

I never said there was, I'm saying retards exist that disagree.

top bottom sometimes doesnt work it's a pain

The fact that most of flagship android phone use on-screen buttons proves you wrong

I have a phone with physical buttons
and for some reason retards pester the rom developer to add the ability to disable the physical buttons and enable on-scren buttons in the OS.
It's implemented now. The fuck?

you can't. software buttons don't count.

i've used both and don't really prefer one over the other. on-screen reduces effective screen space and physical doesn't care about screen orientation (although some might prefer that, i don't)

software is a waste of screen space and prone to burn in

The best is when the phone give you the choice.
Oneplus does it, and i'm sure they're not the only one...

I prefer the buttons not reorienting. Even when I had a tablet with onscreen buttons they didn't reorient when the screen rotated.

i can't get used to os buttons, they all work so shit currently

You can still have all those on a flipphone

Does it matter that the only part that has buttons gets burn in? Worst case scenario it looks like buttons. Also what kind of shit phones do you buy that get burn in?

I love the feeling of pressing something. Fuck software buttons.

You can change the order of the physical buttons, too.

you can't

Yes you can, dumbass.

Source me up before you go go

back button on the right is justice. Samsung and Xiaomi are BASED.

on-screen buttons so I can turn them off and use PIE

>physical buttons

lol. I don't need a physical start bar why the fuck would I need physical buttons?

You cannot possibly be this retarded.

>no 100%-FLOSS smartphone

I bet you also use on-screen keyboard on your PC, along with touch screen

prove it

I think you can on Oneplus 3, but not on one of their previous phones

gs6.wonderhowto.com/how-to/swap-back-recents-keys-your-samsung-galaxy-s6-0161529/
Eat a dick, moron.

I dont know about the OnePlus One. But i can do it with my OnePlus X. And if it works with the X then probably also with the OnePlus 2

that's what I thought until I checked some polls and it turns out THE MAJORITY of android users prefer software keys.

It's like they enjoy being robbed of half an inch of screen space. Not to mention it looks ugly and gets in the way during day to day use.

>But i can do it with my OnePlus X

Oh my bad.
You can't on OPO, and i thougt 3 was the 1st one to implement this feature.

neither provides tactile feedback

On Screen Software buttons.
I can rearrange them all I want... hide them, show them, etc.

>Xiaomi
My RN3P's back button is annoyingly unresponsive. It happens pretty often. Also they're so fucking sensitive and got triggered if you breathe at them.

>yfw onscreen keyboards use more battery because the buttons always have to be rendered and backlit to be visible

What about flip smartphones?

Prefer on screen. Sue me.

pls no bully

androidcentral.com/these-are-oneplus-3-tips-and-tricks-you-need-know

I use a phone with "software buttons" and it hides itself you dumbfuck is summer almost done? Please
And why even care my screen is atleast half an inch extended because of the buttons and thus smaller design with bigger screen

the worst of both worlds.

Amoled and hardware buttons are the reason I buy samsung. I can live with touchwiz.
also

>someone disagrees with me!
>summer reeeeeeeeeeeee

grow up

Correct.
My phone has free space at the bottom of the screen and the buttons are still on-screen. Retarded if you ask me

Dissagree? Its a fact you dumbfuck

Literally no advantage to physical buttons. At least software buttons can be customized to your liking where as you can't do a fucking thing if there's something about physical buttons you don't.

Literally no advantage to physical buttons
Spotted the retard

I hate the samsung buttons so much. I keep pressing them by accident all the time. If they were truly physical it would be nice but they are touch. You should be able to disable them without rooting.

This

>dumbfuck dumbfuck dumbfuck reeeeeeeeeeee
quite the vocabulary you got there m8y.

now, calm your tits. You know very well i'm not talking about games or watching videos. I'm talking about general day to day tasks you perform like checking you email and stuff.

Also I can't help that I have big sausage fingers. On screen buttons just annoy me, and that's my opinion, mr frog.

No, it just proves manufacturers like to cut costs and normals are content with what they're given even if they prefer something else.

>buttons are not part of the screen
>he keeps on touching them

wat

>not falling for the pie meme
Shitty thread

Not that guy but found it pretty easily using "character:Android 18" on EH
exhentai.org/s/287859cf4c/913408-24

Often when I touch something on the edge of the screen it activates the button since it's touch. If it was physical there would be no problem. I shouldn't have to aim carefully making sure my finger does't go beypnd the screen.

>pointless physical buttons for OS functions like menu or back
>no physical end call button

Why. Who designs this shit?

That looks absolutely retarded, what the hell is wrong with you?

>knowing dragonball characters
Get the fuck out normie ree.
[spoiler]Thanks.[/spiler]

the character name is literally in the panel fucktard

>Giving stupid excuses
>Greentexting something from me and putting reee behind it
Wowzerz

? Retarded fuck you never actually look at it
Pie is just as fast as on screen or physical buttons when you use it and you never actually see that popup unless you hold it down

Pretty sure phones with phyiscal back button end call when you press back

Eh, getting there.
Something like this, but with a landscape keyboard and kept under 5 inches would be ideal.

Yes I know those exist, they're also from 2007 and 2 cm thick.

>? Retarded fuck you never actually look at it

I just did, and it looks retarded. Stop posting, you absolute mongoloid.

>Also what kind of shit phones do you buy that get burn in?
It happens to a shit ton of phones actually.

The thing is, we all upgrade our phones every few years so no one really notices.

My Samsung Galaxy Captivate (S1 variant) has some major burn-in when I fired it up for shits and giggles a year ago. That shit's from 2010.

Really, how many people these days keep a phone for 5+ years?

Most people seem to upgrade in two, so they'll never see burn-in, even on the shittiest dog-tier screens.

Literally Samsung fucking ruined Android, after switching from them to Google Nexus devices I have preferred it greatly, on screen software buttons are incredible, also fuck Samsung and their shit design

>a keyboard and mouse on a real goddamn computer

I dont have onscreen buttons (although thinking about it they are basically just screen buttons but they dont take up screen real estate), but I think if I was able to change them to suit my liking, I wouldnt mind them so much. It is kind of a lazy design choice though.

Why was this post a greentext, you idiot? You haven't lurked enough.

he's implying touchscreens on pc's and the argument that they're not "real computers"

>meme arrows

Drake always has good taste

It doesn't prove anything

I haven't heard a single person complain about his phone having a Micro SD slot, yet its common to see phones on flagships without it.

>but with a landscape keyboard
Why do you hate yourself?

I have the bottom and I hate it. Fuck off OP.

Capacitive buttons are just as bad.

They're slightly less cancerous than onscreen, but still pretty bad.

no buttons of course

Congrats, you installed pretty much all of the NSA approved spyware.

Top of course.
>any number of buttons
>any icons
>any actions
>some ROMs have Pulse feature - useless but cool
But many OEMs leave a fuckhuge chin where the buttons could be placed.

I'd go for on screen buttons but only if the bezel beneath it has just a speaker or barely anything

until that is a reality capacitive and physical buttons are the best

They're worst of both options.
With physical you actually have good buttons.
With onscreen you have the ability to set the app to fullscreen, hiding buttons, and it will have more space to work with (space that would otherwise be taken by physical or capacitive buttons off-screen).
With capacitive you get neither.

>any actions
you think this is exclusive?
fucking retard.
>hurr durr lets have this inch of space on the bottom on all our phones which are useless

There are people who prefer physical buttons? Do they like having less screen space and barely any customization?

Well assign an action for swiping your HW buttons, fucking retard.
>hurr durr lets have this inch of space on the bottom on all our phones which are useless
That's what I'm complaining about.

iphone is literally the only correct way to do it

I've used both types and both are fine. It's not a factor when I buy a phone. That said, I think on-screen buttons are better in principle.

>Simpler, more elegant design
>Fewer points of failure
>Allows a larger screen for the same form factor (for consuming media etc)
>More customizable

Physical buttons make sense for things that go on the sides of the phone, like lock and volume.

I read through this whole thread and I read a lot of support for physical buttons, but not very many actual reasons:

>Muh tactile feel

Fair enough, but you're using touchscreen controls for literally everything else when you use your phone, so it can't be that much of a big deal.

>Software buttons are like using a onscreen keyboard on a laptop

Bad analogy - typing is a complex activity which benefits heavily from the feel and precision that physical keys provide. This isn't.

>I'm a dribbling retard who presses the on-screen buttons by accident

Fair enough.