What is Snowden's hacking power level?

What is Snowden's hacking power level?

faggot / 10

over eight thousand

He didn't really hack anything besides social engineering coworkers into letting him log into their account.

He worked for the NSA tho. Clearly he has to know how to hack something.

You're saying the janitor, administration, receptionist and financial departmens know anything about hacking beyond the little they get from the group meetings?

That's.... not what he was saying, at all. Uh, what?

If you look at his ARStechnica posts from like 2006 he didn't even really know that much about networking. He was asking pretty elementary questions like how to proxy ftp traffic.

He must have been a quick learner because he was hired by dell only 3 years later.

Im sure having a family full of high ranking naval officers and FBI agents helped him as well.

>In the early 1990s, while still in grade school, Snowden moved with his family to the area of Fort Meade, Maryland.[20] Mononucleosis caused him to miss high school for almost nine months.[16] Rather than returning to school, he passed the GED test[21] and took classes at Anne Arundel Community College.[13] Although Snowden had no undergraduate college degree,[22] he worked online toward a master's degree at the University of Liverpool, England, in 2011.[23] Snowden was reportedly interested in Japanese popular culture, had studied the Japanese language,[24] and worked for an anime company that had a resident office in the U.S.[25][26] He also said he had a basic understanding of Mandarin Chinese and was deeply interested in martial arts. At age 20, he listed Buddhism as his religion on a military recruitment form, noting that the choice of Agnostic was "strangely absent."[

He was a weeb lol

he was a sys admin

He didn't hack. He used a flash drive to download info lmao.

He was considered a computer wizard

Basically this. I think what he claimed to be was inflated a bit. Je never worked for the NSA directly, He worked for Dell in a tech support role that just happened to be in the division that handled government contracts.

After that he claims to have turned down a job offer from the NSA TAO to work for Booz as a sys admin.

I think you can figure out why he said that. Being an employee of the NSA does not indicate what type of employee at the NSA you are. Hence the logic is flawed.

I am not really sure he claimed anything honestly. Pretty sure 90% of what we get (in the US at least) is through conjecture and ignorance on behalf of the news media.

He worked for the CIA for a while

I think he was a Dell liason for CIA.

Tech support.

He used his own credentials, left a lot of evidence of his deeds and got caught.

He got caught because he left the country and when he didn't show up for work it was pretty obvious who stole the data.

He was a NSA sub-contractee as an employee for Dell.

When he got a job for the CIA he was assigned to the global communications division at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. The CIA stationed Snowden with diplomatic cover in Geneva, Switzerland, where he was responsible for maintaining computer network security

If some dell contracter was able to download a bunch of powerpoints covering secret government programs to a flash drive, what does that say about the government's ability to keep information classified?

He wasn't just "some dell contractor" he was given access to classified documents.

9000 exactly.

Sure that media-hype didn't retroactively turned him into a wizard? Not saying that he isn't but often enough things get blown out of proportion for the sake of storytelling.

He wasn't a hacker and misinformed people on how everything he leaked worked. Created a shitstorm for no reason.

Anyone working in a classified area is going to have a clearance, and access to classified material. If you don't have reason to access it, you (technically) shouldn't be looking at it. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. But it happens anyway.

>maintaining network security
sounds like still nothing but a glorified tech support guy if you ask me. He was just a tech support guy that worked for the CIA.

Then at Booz he was sys admin again it sounds like because he never actually had the access to view any of the files he stole, He had to kinda con his co workers into giving him access to their machines.

My point remains, calling him "just some dell contractor" isn't a very accurate description.

is that really him lmfao

He was a weeaboo.

Weeaboos have high powerlevels.

One of the top 1% plus his weebness gives him more power
NSA pls go and stay go

wizard-class hacker

No, just some "Dell contractor" is still accurate. Even the tech support guys need a security clearance to answer basic questions like "Did you check to make sure you sent the document to printer A instead of Microsoft Image Writer?" Nobody uncleared gets into a secure area unless they shutdown everything and sanitize the workspace.

Edward Snowden accomplished more than any of you could have in a HUNDRED lifetimes

>He was asking pretty elementary questions like how to proxy ftp traffic

I'm not saying Snowden was a 1337 haxx0r, but most of us will try to research how to do things when we encounter them. That includes asking questions on tech forums.

What the hell does 'proxying ftp traffic' even mean? Configuring a setting in an ftp client or server so that a proxy is used between client(s) and server and no direct connections are permitted?

ahaha how have I not known this before now?

Official title was sysadmin but he says he was more of an analyst than a sysadmin.

The NSA doesn't hack they just have back doors into everything.

Why don't you people ask him?

>ywn watch shitty anime with Edward while drinking coffee

>What is Snowden's hacking power level?
Over 9000

Do you think he fukked that qt?

Probably practically nothing.

Doesn't mean he couldn't gain access to things, just that he wouldn't be the one figuring it out.

Most people who work with computers don't know everything about computers. A lot of the people who do know a lot do so by circumstance or just happening to take an interest, not because they have to.

This man probably browsed /jp/

He was a weeb even before Sup Forums made it cool.