Tomato vs DD-WRT

Which one would based stallman choose if he had to install one.

Other urls found in this thread:

fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/librewrt-what-we-use-for-wifi-at-the-fsf
librecmc.org/librecmc/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

openwrt.

tomato is better by far

tomato did me solid for a good long while but openwrt is where it's at now

OpenWRT

OpenWRT looks so dank. you just ssh into it? kewl

yeah and its got all sorts of linuxy bullshit you can run along with the main "router" part. irc bouncers, servers, torrent, etc etc etc just chugging along even when i have the desktop powered off

Xiaomi Mi Wifi firmware is the best.

GNU/Pepper

CPM - Carrier Pigeon Methodology

>safe
>organic
>somewhat slow

fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/librewrt-what-we-use-for-wifi-at-the-fsf

>spend 2 hours reading
still can't figure out which version to download for wrt-54g v2.0

You want DDWRT? Just search the router database for your model, It's easy to find.

No body uses tomato anymore, If you want to customize the shit out of it get OpenWRT.

Then the wiki says don't go by database it will brick and all kinds of conflicting shit.

>dd-wrt
>tomato

>last tomato from 2010
>https cert expired
>can't log in via https anymore

Can this be remedied somehow, or is the only solution to install a fork which is actually still maintained?

This
or LEDE project

All of the custom firmwares has these features, there is nothing OpenWRT can do that DD-WRT/Tomato can't do even easier.

OpenWRT is only for license retards who glorify RMS. It is harder to set up, it doesn't have any advantage and is just as much "open source" as the rest of the pack. It's all about sucking up to the fucking license and going full autism over what is open source or not.

Tomato Shibby has been maintained for a long time and still is.

ddwrt is shit and brainslayer is a nigger. Also enjoy your limited connections, broken shit ana general bloat.
Install open wrt.

huh i had like the exact opposite experience. openwrt had more of what i wanted to install already in their repo, was just as easy as dd-wrt to flash, and had a more intuitive web gui (very linear path to adjust a series of network settings instead of jumping across 2-3 different tabs)

I'm sure not going to install a fork into a tomato that's been around since 2010, thankyouverymuch.

Is their a recent version which looks like that but supports 1gbps + wireless ac ect.

I use DD-WRT, it gives me the custom DNS and domain updaters that I need to pair my dynamic IPs to my domain name.

It's still being maintained for my DIR-825 which is 8 years old.

tomato is not entirely free software
the main guy behind dd-wrt is a blowhard asshat and there's been issues with them ignoring licensing
openwrt is freedom and wonderful,
but stallman would recommend
librecmc.org/librecmc/home

hey everyone don't let this post sour you on openwrt it's still great firmware despite the freetarded wanking around it

SHIBBY TOMATO USB

>harder to set up
maybe if you're clinically retarded or something
and being that you don't seem to understand the basic concepts of freedom or licensing, or why they're important, i'm led to believe that indeed you are

Speaking of routers, are there any good AC routers for under $100? I'm looking at the TP-Link Archer C5

>something being liked by someone who cares about freedom turns people away
holy shit is this really how bad things have gotten around here?

Fuck off summer fag

>tfw you're not mailing spindles of blu-rays loaded with chinese cartoons via UPS
High latency but oh my god the bandwidth is incredible!

Does it make sense to install the 2.6 kernel version on a 54GL, or will it be too heavy and the 2.4 version should be used instead?

My place of employment refuses to upgrade our internet connection because the bandwidth of a station wagon full of DVDs is cheaper than the bandwidth of a faster upload speed.

Mind making a pitstop in Utah so the NSA can get copies..?

RMS would never use Tomato because he's too much of a stupid cuck to experience glorious BSD.

Always go for openwrt

Same here..i need to upgrade because qos and can't find shit for 610nv2
Dd-wrt is goat but they really need to clean up that info

at least openwrt updates their shit and supports much more hardware than dd-wrt

The only cuck ITT is your daddy because RMS did ur mum.

i use dd-wrt

turned my useless old router into a wi-fi adapter. feels good man.

INSTALL GENT... Ops, OpenWRT!

Is Padavan is based on DDwrt or openwrt ?
Managing it right now through ssh and using it as a minidlna server + transmission.
However I need couldn't figure out how to configure duckdns settings.

Why don't you just ask him
He answers to every mail

[email protected]