How come people complain about having to use the keyboard in vim when you can just enable the mouse and act as dumb as...

How come people complain about having to use the keyboard in vim when you can just enable the mouse and act as dumb as you want?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimcasts.org/blog/2013/02/habit-breaking-habit-making/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because people who complain about vim don't know how to use vim and don't care to learn how to enable things

>vim

Looks like shit m8.

I always use the mouse in vim
This j-k-l-m bullshit will never be as fast

why do you keep making threads and webms about your vim setup?

hjkl sorry

Fuck emacs

>the hjkl will never be as fast

lern 2 navigate

yes, it's awkward and slow at first, but eventually you'll be a real fuckin' vim pro

no mate, it will NEVER be as fast
reading comprehension much ?
I didn't say "it's slow at first but faster than a mouse when used to it"
ok ?
stay in denial pleb

Try the same thing with VI now nigger.

Nice thread OP. Categorically urges you to envision.
Do you have anymore "ides are for bleps? m-muh frankenvim i-isn't an ide" threads? I sure love saging those.

What is subjectivity?

I mean seriously can't you fathom that some people can type faster than they switch their hand over to the mouse?

vimcasts.org/blog/2013/02/habit-breaking-habit-making/

>speed
>subjective
nope.bmp

To each his own user. I prefer to use folds to not have to scroll over large parts of code. gg and G will always be faster that the mouse :^)

Emacs does it MUCH better.

We're talking human beings here, with different capabilities.

I type at >140wpm, do you really think that getting my hands off the home row when i'm refactoring is productive?

I mean hell even I will admit that these squabbles are pointless because most of the time, when you're programming, you're not actually typing but thinking about stuff.

But when you are typing a lot of shit, you don't want to have to use the mouse.

¿por qué no los dos?

bad habit according to this pleb, also who keeps a blog in 2016 ?
I don't need to break an habit that makes me faster

a mouse can not be an alternative to G and gg, so if you meant that it's better than backspacing all the way up then sure

>when you are typing a lot of shit, you don't want to have to use the mouse
where you're typing sure, but when you're navigating then a mouse is faster whether you want it or not, whether you type at 784wpm or 12.

Fuck vim just install VSC

>when you're navigating then a mouse is faster whether you want it or not
I'd agree, after all it's what i use for browsing.
But it really depends on what you're doing.
I mean most of the time i'm switching between multiple files with fzf or ag and /-ing to the function i want to modify, so it's pointless to use the mouse since i'm already where i want.

The mouse is great for slowly reading code, but quickly editing it? not so much.