Office / task chairs

Where's the official Sup Forums guide to chairs at, eh? I need everyone here to validate any decision I make, after all, and this one's an important one.

Let's get some best options for these price ranges figured out:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Steelcase-Gesture-Chair-Standard-Platinum/dp/B00HDT4X6S/
amazon.com/Mid-Back-Black-Swivel-Padded-Flip-Up/dp/B00KUPS3JU/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1471815158&sr=8-19&keywords=chair
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006FFR37W
walmart.com/ip/45822137?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228034272870&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=89207032128&wl4=pla-123768867888&wl5=2840&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=45822137&wl13=&veh=sem
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aeron is pretty god tier and the warranty has you set for pretty much life

I have a DX Racer and at $450 I'm happy with it, it might have been overpriced but it's a ridiculously comfortable chair and it's good for your back, though leather is kind of annoying as I get sweaty easily

a crate and a pillow

I wish I could afford one. I'm keeping an eye out on Craigslist or for any business liquidations to see if I could score one for a couple hundred, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

>$500 - 1000
amazon.com/Steelcase-Gesture-Chair-Standard-Platinum/dp/B00HDT4X6S/

anyone ever use this one?

amazon.com/Mid-Back-Black-Swivel-Padded-Flip-Up/dp/B00KUPS3JU/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1471815158&sr=8-19&keywords=chair

it has flip up arms which is cool cause i cant play guitar on chair with arms

I have a Kinnarps Plus[6], office chair from a Swedish company in the $500-1000 class.
I feels great and is very adjustable.

Top critical reviews (which are from this year) say it's shit and don't bother.

Whoops, this was meant for

What about for poorfags who can't spend more than $100 dollaree-doos?

I got mine from a facebook page where you give away stuff for free.

> =

what should a bigger gentooman use?
6'10 270 lbs

I had this at work, comfy as fuck

Should I expect to have a second chair for reading or general relaxation? I have a Bodybilt J2507 but it is very rigid and would have to be essentially retuned to switch between "workstation" or "watching a movie" modes. Is this normal with this sort of chair?

I'm sitting in one right now. Got it twenty years ago through work and had to replace it last year after the hydraulics broke. The dealer took one look at it and just gave me a new one. New. Just gave it to me.

I'd sleep in the damn thing if my bed weren't so comfy.

i have a bodybilt too, it's a very structurally sound and high quality chair but not the most comfortable.

>not using the sequel

It's like you enjoy an inferior product.

Best chair ever made.

not for me faggot

but it looks so ugly and costs 1.5X what the gesture costs

seriously why do people want that fuck-ass ugly chair?

where are the chairs where the rod you sit on explodes from the pressure?
every chair in this thread.

lol ive sat on cylinder chairs my whole life. my anus is ready

it goes the through most of the time, following having exited your sack of shit self ofc

What's a good chair with a high, flat back? Curved backs have fucked up my shoulders. Budget around $200.

your weak muscles are what fucked up your shoulders

Caused by curved chairs.

I was just thinking about this today.

I'm a bit tempted to get one of those X-Treem Game Racing chairs, on account of them being remarkably budget friendly compared to the other task chairs I've seen suggested...

any one recommend some decent computer chairs that is within the 200 dollar price range?

How much does the IKEA Markus cost at your local IKEA?

$450

Staples provide some good budget chairs which have forward tilt capability
Foam Roller
Kettlebell swings + Chinese squats

Thanks

I have a foam roller, but it doesn't help much

Another good one for shoulders is just putting your back up against a wall, and doing snow angel type movements. Then bending elbows, eventually you'll find the movements which really make you go yea boi. Make sure to flatten yourself as much as you can against the wall, heels, ass, blades, wrists... it's great

Thanks - I'll try those.

caused by you being a lazy fuck and never picking heavy things up and putting them back down.

your back should be strong enough to sit in an upright position regardless of what your chair is doing.

do some deadlifts and squats senpai

>tfw $500 for a good chair

Why

Gesture is a really good chair, can confirm.

technically mirra was the aeron sequel

Aeron is best, look on Craigslist for used ones. Replace arm pads with leather ones for extra win.

>tenkeyless keyboard
Glad you confirmed yourself as a homo

Enjoy reaching further for your pointing device.

every computer chair I've used in the past decade has had a metal plate to connect the hydraulic to the seat, quit fear mongering

what are you a child, how small are your hands?

> see this chair? this is a $1600 dollar chair I OWN and you DONT you know why? because you dont get no PUSSY dude.

I have girlish hands.

Hello /chairs/, I'm looking for a seating solution suitable for commanding a starship from. It needs to fill the bill both aesthetically and ergonomically

h-hot

>using a mouse
What in the fucking hell? Either front end designer or graphic designer. Either way, get out of my Sup Forums

I said pointing device, not mouse.

Anyone used something like this?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006FFR37W

Need a mesh back chair with good lumbar support and ergonomics within the budget of a college student. And it should at least be able to last long enough until I replace it with something from Herman Miller/Steelcase/Haworth or whatever

I've been looking at the Alera Elusion but it's more than I can really afford and I dunno where I could try it out at.

What's your hard budget limit?

2nded. Have been holding out on getting a new chair because I can't settle on one.

fuck off poorfag

Like really $100ish. I mean I COULD shell out much more but I don't want to, a decent chair isn't really something I'm happy about having to pay a bunch for, but it's time.

I'm using a basic office chair with a completely deflated cushion, covered in pillows. Of course Sup Forums has made me want to find a used Aeron or Leap or something but all the places nearby are still asking too much for them.

I just drag my sofa to my computer desk and there most comfortable chair gotten for free

That's TERRIBLE!

this pleases me. i'm a grad student and my advisor offered to get my office (of 5 people) new desks, chairs, etc... given reasonable budgets for each thing, and we got the Gesture (and some sit-stand desks that are well-reviewed/rated).

as for OP, i have an aeron at home that i got for like $300 off craigslist. if you live within 100 miles of a bunch of office space, i'm pretty sure i can guarantee that craigslist will have aerons for like $400 or possibly less. if you're willing to sit on CL for a while and watch prices, and especially if you're willing to bargain down (and accept that some people won't budge, and move on when that happens), you should be able to get an aeron for less than $300. contrast that with the list price and compare to other ~$300 chairs, and there's absolutely no contest for value.

Very nice chair and cheap.

Is there an office chair that doesn't have wheels?

Reminder that the Ikea Markus is a meme chair

Hello Leedsfag

Is the cornex still full of goths?

I don't live in Leeds I live near York it's just the nearest store I go to.

Got this chair about 6 months ago
Really like it
Used for $200 in pristine condition(think it's ~$500 new)
It has pretty much all the adjustability you see from chairs 2x its price

Oh, OK

York is lovely, would quite like to live there

8 electronic airbags adjustable in six locations

Better than a couch or any "office" chair.

Do the airbags protect you in event of a crash?

Some places call them air bladders 2bh fämälämäzoid

Using a Leap. There is definitely a huge difference between chairs.
In the office some retard decided to buy a whole bunch of not-so-cheap (probably around €300-400) chars that absolutely suck. I can't sit in mine for more than 1-2 hours.
I know I shouldn't do that but there are days when there isn't even enough time to stand.
At home on the other hand I just sit down in my Leap and game for 10-15 hours comfortably during the weekend.

I got this serta at walmart for 140. Its really nice for the price desu senpai

walmart.com/ip/45822137?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228034272870&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=89207032128&wl4=pla-123768867888&wl5=2840&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=45822137&wl13=&veh=sem

I've had that for a few years and the material on the seat is starting to peel. Other than that it's a great comfy chair.

I hate the idea of blowing a grand on a replacement but I guess it's time to bite the bullet. Seems like lower cost chairs just disintegrate after a while no matter what you do.

>$100-$300
used steelcase leap or hm aeron
>$300-500
used embody or gesture
>$500-1000
same as above if your cl is shitty

avoid any chairs with the words: executive, faux, leather

I got that one too but the fake leather peeled off. Still works great though, I don't really see why change it since it's just a cosmetic issue.

If I wasn't working on the kitchen rebuild I would probably try to get one of those meme expensive chairs.

How easy is it to replace the cylinder on an aeron? I found one in the trash at work yesterday that won't go up or down and I was wondering if it's worth fixing.

a guy replaced his under 3 minutes on youtube, i'd rush to work right now and pick it up before the trash people come.

I put it in my car already yesterday just in case, sounds like I got a nice score then.

Where the fuck can I find nice chairs that are just chucked in the garbage?

businesses that fell for the standing desk meme, drive around sf and you'll see high end chairs in their dumpsters.

I work for a hospital if that helps.

$80 used blue fabric Markus

of you spend a lot of money on a chair thinking it will solve your problems it won't. you need to move more and sit less. a comfortable chair will likely be more comfy but i wouldn't describe any office chair as that. get a recliner

Vitra Physix looks comfy

mirra was basically a prequel

Russ?

Have these at work, really want to buy one for home.

Where do you get leather arm pads from I'd like to get a embody from their website

$450 for the IKEA Markus? What the shit?

Kinnarps 8000 here. Was a bit pricey even second hand but worth it nevertheless.
So comfy it's probably dangerous, sedentary health risks and all.

Oh, forgot the price range.
$500-$1000 new, probably around $200-$300 or so used.

looks good and is comfy

are the racing chairs a meme?

Try sitting in it first.

i'm not paying 729 dollars for fucking branding

Get the lazy boy big and tall version from sams club. Literally lakes your feet off the ground when you lean back and do the Rocawear.

Ross/TJ Maxx version is just $99 each.

They also started selling Herman Miller knock-offs so watch out.

the only city i have ever been to in my life that isn't disgusting

modern cities should just be nuked. they'd look the same afterwards anyway.

is this one shit?

What about Hara chairs? The design offers a number of benefits.

Gaymin' Racing Chairs? They're cheap chairs made of cheap materials, still comfy though.
True Racing Chairs? Comfy but you aren't going to get a good flow of air around your arse

Yes and shilled to the hell and back by video game youtube fags.