"2gib of ram on modern phones is pretty lacking"

>"2gib of ram on modern phones is pretty lacking"
Its kinda sad that 4gb is needed for a fucking mobile os. Along with that, there is also security issues that will never be patched because phone manufacturers no longer support those phones, even if they are a year old.
Don't get me started on phones being an unusable size. Today, 6inch phones are the norm, functionality be damned

Tell me why you hate iPhones again?

My phone has 512 MiB of ram and I never had any problems.

Your shitpost bait is fucking terrible, but that's a nice smug animu face. Saved.

Have you ever tried actually using it?

>thinks I'm shit posting

Thnks for complimenting my animu tho

What use case on a phone requires 4gb ram?
I am also fine with 512mb

Playing Incensed Avians 13: Star Wars Lego Space edition.

This is pretty retarded bait, I'm running android marshmallow just fine with 1gb ram.

Once you realize you do not need a smartphone life is bliss.

>What use case on a phone requires 4gb ram?
OsmAnd car navigation + listening to music

goes just over 1 GiB in areas with more complex maps, i.e. cities

1.5 GiB or 2 GiB would be fine

What annoys me the most about dumb phone faggot is that they buy the most poorfag looking gook shit and they totally ignore the razr. They are just like the phones they use, retarded.

No wonder they get no pussy, with a razr you would be drowning in pussy 24/7

>fucking mobile os
Here is your problem.
Just install decent desktop *nix OS.
>blabla iphone bait
And again: overpriced unsecured toy with shitty hardware.©

>I'm 15 and I have authority on what pulls pussy and what doesn't

The no-update thing is 100% retarded.

I had android phones before and only once I got a software update. It was from 4.4 to 5.0 and it completely fucked my performance.

I spent several hours learning how install unlock my bootloader, install a custom recovery etc before updating to some ROM made by some Indian kid for each of my phones.

Now Im on iPhone an I regret nothing. All I need to update is press a button. As a bonus I also get a nice looking UI and iMessage.

>iPhone
>shitty hardware

ITT: copypasta

Come back when you have a razr, beta virgin. Ill be chasing pussy while I wait.

My car has its own navigation and radio.

>mfw have an iPhone
>mfw don't need to chase pussy cause I'm drowning in it

Emulators
Web browsing
Streaming video

>playing games on a phone

What are you, 14?

My phone atm. sometimes when driving I'll be playing music and running GPS at the same time and it'll hang when switching between the two.

Nexus 5X running latest nougat beta, it could be an issue with that but it was acting like this with marshmellow as well.

My 1gb ram lg runs dead trigger 2 smoothly and pokemon go with minimum lag

Sadly she bangs a middleaged selfinsert-tier guy who started dating her when she was 13 and likes her because she keeps looking like a kid.
Kinda, don't read the manga.

>Sonoda

>tfw 2GiB is overkill for my phone
Feels good. My old one had 512MiB and even running Android I never had any issues either.

I do all three of those on my 512 mib phone already

t. Posted from my phone with fire emblem running on backgrounf

Not to mention if you are american you would have to use SMS instead of iMessage.

I would kill myself before that happens.

I did all that on a tablet with 256MiB RAM for years.

having 5 billion tabs of chrome open

>everyone in the thread claiming 512 phones are fine

HAHAHAH
fucking lying poorfags

>I-i-i-i-its fine guise I s-s-s-swear

No its not. Its absolute garbage.

Sure thing kid

>Thnks for complimenting my animu tho
you didn't make it though, so i don't understand the appreciation of shitposters reply to shitposting OP

Enjoy waiting to reload all your apps poorfag.

Theres piemessage on android that acts and does what imessage does

The fuck are you on about? My phone's got 2GiB RAM and runs flawlessly. My last phone did too and it only had 512MiB.

Sure, a phone shouldn't need more than maybe 256 KB or the like for voice and text (mostly for complicated shit like GSM and LTE).

video recording and video chat might inceretase requiremnets up to about128 MB. (video codecs need a lot of ram)

OTOH, 6GB rAM Laptops were common as far back as 2010.
AND it's FUCKING SAD that today we don't really have much better than that. (SRSLY phone should had 6GB by now,, and coputers should be better than 64gB. WTF happened to mOore's Law? I want my 15 GHZ CPUS!!! WTF SCIENCE
mankmind'is stagnating!!!

It really is not.

>512MB
Unusable.
>1GB
Usable if one's not doing heavy work or running taxing video games. Can't multitask efficiently.
>2GB
Usable for 99% of the cases. Multitasking, several programs open, heavy games, small video editing, whatever.
>3GB
Overkill for almost everything, might be needed for extreme niche cases
>4GB
I need 32GB on my desktop only so I can browse the ch0ns levels of retardedness

>512MiB is unusable
But that's wrong. Then again, the last time I had a phone with 512MiB I was using Jellybean or KitKat. Has Android really gotten that RAM hungry?

>why you hate iphones
Same reason I hate any other phone
>shit os
>fucking dumb interface
>horrible AIDS-filled apps
>shit touchscreen
>botnet
>tracking device
Phones are a cancer on this society and need to fucking die.

>iPhone
>shit touchscreen
user, you don't need to make shit up.

Yep, slow as fuck with 1GB on Marshmallow here.
Funny enough, I have a $50 Chink Windows tablet with 1GB RAM and it runs Windows 10 better.

How the fuck did Android get so hungry as fuck? Moving to ART did jack shit except make installing apps take longer.

Every phone has a shit touchscreen, kid.

The very idea of a touchscreen is a horrible one. It's inaccurate as hell and is just a method for dumbing down even further a dumbed down device for complete and utter morons that the government wants to track.

As far as touchscreens go, iPhones have some of the best though, child.

Hmm i have a razr red v3 its pretty good had it since 2004? maybe.

The Note 7 and all Windows phones has the best touchscreens hands down for phones.
Note 7 because of the Wacom input.
Windows, because they all have almost zero input lag.

iPhone is the middle of the ground, like they do with everything.

Well the phone i had before this (galaxy ace 3) had 1GB of ram and struggled to even dial a number sometimes like jesus fucking christ with the freezing

how could they even sell this shit

So i bought this huawei PLK 01 its pretty nice 6.0 android and 3GB of ram.

That's like saying my shit is the best shit in the world.

It's still shit no matter what good qualities someone might believe it has.

Last I checked iPhone was the best on the market, this was a few years ago
>Windows phone
Better hardware doesn't mean much when it's running a dumbphone OS

Still better shit than the rest of the shit.

>Better hardware doesn't mean much when it's running a dumbphone OS
It's probably least dumbphone given how it runs Windows NT kernel. And now you have some kind of compatibility with universal-type programs from normal Windows.

OS doesn't mean shit when it has no apps. It's a dumbphone.

>not knowing how iOS and Android use ram.

OK faggot, listen up. iOS "freezes" your app while android leaves them still running in the background. Don't give me no bitch lip about having to manually close apps because every has to at some point, iOS or android. This is the reason why people who do productivity work chose android because they can actually use more that 1 app, fuck even hook up a monitor to it.

Im sure it did, kid.

>he can't hit enter 4 times on a command prompt, his mom will say he is breaking the computer

It did. Why would I lie about it?
>the everyone's a kid meme
Fuck off, you piece of shit.

>productivity work
>on a phone

If you wanted to be productive on your work you would choose iPhone because the chances of it lagging are smaller.

>512mb ram phone
>not reloading apps

AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

Nope, OS is OS. Apps are ecosystem or whatever.

Also "no apps" is bullshit. I found every one I needed, from folder music player, through "flashlight app", to local maps and running tracker.

You mean boipussy faggot.

Asus Zenfone 2 owner here, and I frequently see my RAM usage around 1.9-2.5 GB. 4GB will be good for quite a long time, but 2 just doesn't cut it with Android's Javabloat.

That's one quality post you've got there, dumbass.

>no apps is bullshit
Top fucking kek

Did you ever use it, retard?
You would probably bitch about shit stuff like facebook, twatter and isntragram, I bet. Dunno if that exists, I'm not interested in that shit on a phone.

Never daily drove a Windows phone but I have had one, the only positive thing I can say about it was that the UI was fluent. Everything else, including app selection, was utter shit.

show the memory the apps used you fucking retard

>hurr luk at meeemureee it took luts of meeemuuurrrry

>proceeds to do jack shit to see what USES the memory

fuck you you fucking faggot

I've made at my phone as lite as possible with the most memory conscious apps available to fit my use, this is freshly after powering on.

>System 1.2gb

moto Sup Forums 2015 2gb version owner here

struggling to make it use over 1200MB of ram, only when i try i can make it hit 1700MB usage

but im not a manchild that plays video games on a fucking phone, you massive faggots

..i use my Nintendo Wii for that!

>Apple said so

That's all I got off that comment.

Nexus 6, stock ROM. Not even rooted (I haven't gotten to doing it yet, 60 hour work weeks will do you in)

>ITT a bunch of retards that don't know jack shit about caching.
>DUURRR WHY IS WINDOWS USING 6GB RAM OUT OF EIGHT???

Does it matter you fucking retard? Why the fuck would you more ram that is not used?

As for IPhone fags less ram is not better fucktards, IOS is just better at memory management. Why the fck ARE YOU PROUD FOR BEING FUCKED OVER? You should WANT MORE NOT FUCKING LESS. The system will work smoother with better multitasking.

holy shit this guy is dumb lmao

first he goes
>Does it matter you fucking retard? Why the fuck would you more ram that is not used?

Implying its good that it uses 80%~ of the ram because its caches shit

then he goes to say retard shit like this
>As for IPhone fags less ram is not better fucktards, IOS is just better at memory management.

ill re > that.
> IOS is just better at memory management.

you fucking w0t m8, are you retarded you just said the exact opposite of before! LOL KEK KYS

>Oneplus 3
>6Gb ram

Atleast it can run chrome.

What's sad about it? Your phone is just a linux PC in a smaller form factor. The sad part is that you think they should specifically manufacture outdated hardware at inflated costs to appease your retro computing fetishes.

I have a gig on my moto g, it's noticeable only about 5% of the time

Instagram kid I guess.

The fuck are you on about?

I hace a razr i (xt890), And its a shit

>>"2gib of ram on modern phones is pretty lacking"
>Its kinda sad that 4gb is needed for a fucking mobile os. Along with that, there is also security issues that will never be patched because phone manufacturers no longer support those phones, even if they are a year old.
>Don't get me started on phones being an unusable size. Today, 6inch phones are the norm, functionality be damned
>Tell me why you hate iPhones again?
It's because the publishers run so much background processes on top of Googles services to monitor you. Whether that is for monetisation of your marketing data, profiling of your identity for government partners or both, it is uncertain. But try removing as many apps as possible and taking away permissions from Google services using xprivacy. My back up dual core Sony runs faster than my gfs bogged down octacore Samsung

Yo nigga got a sauce on that tasty animu you got there?

It's not needed. They should invest in faster clocked RAM instead of MOAR RAM!! You'd only need more RAM if you use a shit ton of apps. But Android wants to shove a ton of features down your throat so it sometimes needs a lot of RAM, the smart thing to do is to disable everything you don't need.

>tfw still getting around with an xperia tipo
The problem is most apps aren't fucking optimized for either platform because "muh fast crossplatform development" shit. And in the case of android, java sure as fuck isn't helping it either. It's perfectly possible to have a phone with low resources, you just can't use any fancy bullshit apps.

That's what happens when you make an operating system in Java...

yep had a vodafone smart mini and the smart 4 mini. both with 512mb of ram. worst phones ever.

now the 512mb of ram lumia 630 I had was pretty based but that's another story.

Shut up may you fucking whore

tinfoil hat much? this does not happen. those services are just to get things to run. imagine how much data they would need to store to track everyone. fucking idiot.

I watched my 1GB tabled go from pretty smooth to almost unusable for many tasks with subsequent OS/Software updates. I only really use it to read textbook pdfs. I'm glad I never got suckered into the smartphone craze.

t. iPhone 4s user

Pick one

What is iOS app background refresh?

Someone please explain why the fuck anyone needs a mobile phone so fast... Surely you have a powerful desktop, all your phone needs to do is call and text people and perhaps be used as an alarm clock or music player.

All the games on them are trash tier.

modern 8 core smart phones lag on fucking browser apps because of all the spyware on them lol
they need all that power because there are literally dozens and dozens of apps running all the time
if the system was clean we could make do with a dual core 1 ghz i bet

>Tfw when OPO still gets cyanogenmod updates
>One of the best cyanogenmod ports.

Applel does it with dual core.

see pic related

ironically I actually own one of these turds. kill me

>Tell me why you hate iPhones again?
Because they cost 30% more than their actual value, and unless you play video gaymes on your smartphone, you have to be a fucking retard to spend over 150€ on a fucking phone. And if you do play video gaymes on your smartphones, then you are still a fucking retard, but a special kind of retard - a retarded cancerous faggot. The only other reason i can think of is a camera, but in that case, buy an actual fucking camera with an actual fucking dignified sensor.

As far as performance, both iShit and Fagdroid preform the same if you aren't the kind of retarded faggot who stuffs 99999 retarded Apps on that shit, half of which you almost never use, half of which are doing their own background processes in terms of accumulating information from the phone for ad companies and "improvement" and other shit.
Jailbreak and Root. Unless you have the intelligence to buy a phone or a brand which has a phone unlocked by default and doesn't stuff it with tumors.

That's all for today, faggots.

this

I gotta say that RAM is shared, so it's a VRAM too. 2GB of a shared RAM for 1080p may not be enough.

Even better

It's really not. This is the main reason why most Android/aplel games look like dogshit. They have to work with ~100 MB chunks of RAM for the game and to use as vRAM. That and simply not a lot of internal storoge. The GPU and CPU processing power is there, at least for half life 2 tier model detail and lighting which is still okay.