Xperia arc, released 2011, didn't even get updated to jellybean, no kitkat, lollipop, or marshmallow

>xperia arc, released 2011, didn't even get updated to jellybean, no kitkat, lollipop, or marshmallow.

>iPhone 4s, released 2011, still getting updates to ios9

>mfw purchased the xperia arc instead

Never buying android again.

Other urls found in this thread:

s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do you need updates?

We BYTFO the last time you made this thread. Apple never innovates so their updates are more backwards compatible.

>iPhone 6s, released 2015, already a laggy piece of shit that takes 5 seconds for any touch to register because of crippleware """"""""""updates""""""""

Never buying iShit again.

>updating anything past 4.4.4

>iPhone 4s shipped with ios 5
>ios 9 Is The same as ios 5

Anyone actually believes that besides you?

You'd be surprised how deluded some people on g can be.

it bretty much is though m8
go ahead and prove me wrong

iPhones have many flaws but I dont get why Android users get mad to the point of fabricating stories. Android has flaws too, and no updates is definitely one of the biggest.

Its actually the reason I moved to iPhone.

why the fuck would you buy that shit tier phone in the first place? not only is it 5 years old, the specs are fucking garbage and you could have gotten a lagless dumb phone instead.

sorry you cucked yourself and bought some old shitty android phone, but guess what the iphone 4s cant run ios9 without lagging either. hell, it could hardly run ios6 without lag either so gtfo and make better decisions when purchasing a phone you fucking nigger.

good bait though, look forward to replying again when you make this thread tomorrow.

I'm not that guy and you must be deluded yourself to not believe that the highest market capitalization company in the entire world doesn't employ at least a moderate level of planned obsolescence

s/android/Sony/

fix'd

You need proof to say it does.

To me not updating is a lot more close to planned obsolescence than actually updating it like Apple does it.

Of couse phones with older hardware are going to be slower running newer software but I would call that planned obsolescence.

They don't have to, going from an iPhone 5 to a 6s itself was a nice upgrade for me.

>better camera
>better screen
>better battery life
>better call quality

Literally an upgrade in every way except design, but it's still a nice phone.

>I wouldnt

fixd

>iToddlers literally so deluded they ignore reality and facts

Facts? Like what?

My iPhone 5 running like new on iOS 9?

lel..

Typical deluded android fanboi

>running like new
So like shit then?

IPhone 5s running ios 9 here, still works flawlessly.

Might upgrade to iPhone 7s since its still working so good.

Previous phone was an xperia x10i that didn't even get ics. Thanks sony!

No user.

I know that people who use Android think this is normal, but not all new phones run like shit.

Stop giving attention to the attention whore.

lol When I updated my iPod Touch with the latest software it became unusuable. Really fucking slow. Performance went to shit.

>the iphone 4s cant run ios9 without lagging either

works fine here bro. mad?

Dude are you retarded?

>android
Majority of apps works on 4.0 and even 2.3.

>ios
If you don't have ios9 you can't use even half of apps

>t. Pajeet

If your device doesn't support the latest ios it's too old to be used practically, only as a novelty.

Apple devices receive 5 years of support.

s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia

Now fuck off

>he needs to go through security exploits to install a curry rom
>not just getting official updates that work flawlessly like an iPhone.

Never buy an Android phone that doesn't have stock android or cyanogenmod support.
I'm on my first iPhone after 3 android phones and I'm enjoying it, although I'll probably switch back to android once this phone is finished.

I bought my Xperia Pro with an unlocked bootloader, I'm not a cuck. My phone is 4 years old and still working fine. Got it for 200 bucks.

Kys stupid CIA nigger

Android is just a bad investment at this point. The security features alone are worth it. Also Apple protecting your data is nice considering LG and Samsung get their fingerprint databases hacked all the time

Using a security exploit to run code written by "someone" on your unlocked unsigned bootloader is totally secure!

This girl made a video blowing a trap. It was on Sup Forums.

Why did Google renege on their promise to encrypt all android devices starting with lollipop?

Does Google hate security? Do they want law enforcement to have easy access to your device?

Remember when Apple gave up their encryption keys to the chinese government to sell phones there?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

But you don't need to use any security exploit to install a rom if your bootloader is unlocked you dumb nigger. I can listen to yt music with newpipe, torrent, read flac and webm, can you ?

>not using custom firmware
>tfw nightly updates on CM13
>tfw using non shit tier phone

>putting a shit tier OS on a non shit tier phone
You're making your phone shit tier tho

tbqh familia both of our os's were created by brown and shitstained hands, we're both shit.

Root it you dumb cracker

>make your device more vulnerable

>not running custom ios 9 on an xperia arc

No.

>tfw just updated my Xperia to marshmallow

Feels good man

What you on about? Installing LX improves your security, they apply all cve patches. Not to mention it's developed by Europeans.

>just picked up a qt iPhone SE
>it'll age better than the 6s because the hardware does not have to drive the same resolution display.

Happy days.

I have a Xperia Z and it still works great. I just installed a custom rom with android 6 and everything works fine for me.

>didn't even get updated to jellybean, no kitkat, lollipop, or marshmallow.
and you think ICS wasn't superior to this shit because?????????????????????

ics had easier contact list, less resource hogging, a bluetooth stack that wasn't all sorts of fucked up, they literally went full retard with jellybean.

they made phones like baby toys instead of functional and powerful devices...

just overglorified spy devices at this point.

Enjoy your dwindling app support and your unpatched security vulnerabilities

This. Who updates their phone?

Like iOS 9 runs good on the 4S

Lolz.

>2011

yeah maybe you should just get a new phone

>not buying a Nexus or Motorola
>buying xperia
You asked for it.

>Sony Xperia S released in early 2012
>Got updates from 2.3.6 gingerbread to 4.2.1 jellybean
>Lasted all that time and still works

It really depends on which phone you buy. Back then, if it wasn't a Samsung flagship or a Nexus, you were simply playing a game and hoping to luck out.

Luckily, shits a lot different now. Sony phones suck, Samsung dies monthly updates, Chinese OEMs are releasing great phones, and iPhones are ugly.

So much has changed. God the iPhone 4 and 5 designs were beautiful.

Well, he's exaggerating like a retard, but what he says is true. The iPhone 6, and especially the 6+ are beginning to lag already. I blame the RAM, bit it's still only pushing a tiny number of pixels on the 6, do no excuses for that. My Sony from 2012 had a 720p screen. There's no way Apple couldn't figure out how to make sure it didn't lag

Why not use custom firmware? My old as fuck galaxy tab 2 recently got stable cm13. Everything is working, shit is solid as hell.
Oficial ones stopped at 4.1 or something.

>4-5 major updates
>since the 3rd they kill the phone
It doesn't count as an update if it fucking kills your phone
Never buying Apple

Running best version

Yeah, Apple updates are really designed to drive new purchases

>Moonrunes
>Gustav

Off yourself

THE CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

>implying android isn't the same
Every base update is shit, wait for the fixes to come out before updating. Don't be their guinea pig.

Did the same on my Nexus 5.

5.0 was shit, but 5.1 is better than 6.0

:(

Yeah ios 7&8 Jailbroken were great. No argument. I just sold my phone 5s and the fucking cia nigger complained it was on iOS 8 FFS

I got a 6s and had to wait 6months for the new pangu jailbreak. That was hell. as a result i Still got my 4s jailbroken. I leave that bushes and torrent of free wifi. That thing will survive an atom bomb and i bet you - 10 years of ME.

I'm only joking Gustav

My gf had to buy a new phone 2 years ago because she gave hers to a family member (contract expired) and a friend offered her an iphone 4 for so cheap even i couldn't argue a good case.
Fucking thing was basically DOA, the motherfucker cried to boot, cried to bring up the keyboard and failed to load apps about 75% of the time.
>update to flat icon vomit inducing mess ios™
>nothing werks.png
>stupid retaining apps in background fucked the phone hard
>couldn't even switch to running apps because it crashed anyway
>keyboard now got the feature of not registering half the touches
>on top of taking a whole minute to come up, if at all
>calling gf sounded like talking to a ghost from 1960 over a ham radio
>missed notifications left right and centre
>battery died up to 3 times a day
>literally loses 50-80% while not doing anything when she's at work
Those updates sure as hell killed it.

It failed as a phone, it failed as a smartphone and holy shit i just started telling her to ditch it for a $5 dumbphone i couldn't fucking communicate with her.
Seriously, a dumbphone is better. You can even play actual games on a dumbphone without the thing crashing wow.

Thanks Tyler

>things that never happened
My sisters iPhone 4s runs great on the latest ios 9 update.

Only issue is battery life has gotten even worse, kek.
She's going to upgrade to a 7 when it's out

You can get 6.0.1 if you're a non-retard though.

>iphone 4s on ios9
>runs great
Lmao i bet the only reason your sister says it runs great is because when it spags out vibrating she uses it as a masturbation toy.

>upgrade to 7
Yeah the bigger the better :^)

>so poor you need to use a 2011 phone
god, 4s fags are almost as bad as lagdroid users. Just upgrade like a normal fucking person, you special snowfag

The Arc S was too early for its' time

handsome phone to be honest

Sony is one of the few manufacturers that openly lets you install any os you want on your phone and incentives open source development.

OP if you cant update it just get out of Sup Forums and never come back

I have a samshit from 2010 that didn't even came with android and its running marshmallow.