Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoXI9EvBmak
hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C V4.1.html
hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4L V2.1.html
hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C V3.0.html
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
lars-lab.jpl.nasa.gov/JPL_Coding_Standard_C.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How would i daisy chain unbound,squid and dnscrypt. I have dns and unbuond working, but im assuming im getting the order wrong with squid

stop trying to make that shitty 3dpd the mascot of this general

The fuck are you on about? Dwight's been the /sqt/ mascot for years.

So I installed windows 7 from a torrent recommended to me on here.
What are the chances that I'm being spied on.
I want to switch to mint/ubuntu, but linux is fucking shit when it comes to watching anime. Where the fuck is my MPC-HC + MadVR? I just want to watch my anime and listen to music in peace, but that's not possible on Windows or Linux

shit thread is shit
stop spamming this faggotry
every faggot and his mother still makes a million new posts for their retarded questions anyway

It'd be a lot worse if we didn't have the /sqt/. If you get so assblasted by seeing these threads then you're free to hide them, dumbass.

>What are the chances that I'm being spied on.
100%

>Linux is fucking shit when it comes to watching anime.
Works fine for me, but I watch JoJo, so maybe it just doesn't work with shit anime like what you watch.

You have MPC-HC with Madvr?

Which is better: internal Wireless-G or USB Wireless-N (assuming the AP is N)?

In Linux, what can I do to increase laptop battery life?

Has anybody here ever got an OMCreate aftermarket battery? They seem to be pretty legit, so I ordered one. The 1 year warranty is cool.

How bad would it be if a swap disk hard drive were to start failing?

it's exactly the same newfag.
just that there's now this stupid fucking thread i have to hide on top of it.

at least before the shillfags didn't spam their advertisements nearly as often because stupid questions would kill them off quicker.

now it's just fanboys retarded shitposters and linux babies spamming nonstop.

tl;dr these general threads just stagnate the board allowing shillfags to spam

Sure thing kid.

What do people usually use to check their cpu/gpu temps?

N

get better battery

replace drive

*note the select storefront captcha had an ACER store pictured"

I don't use the failing drive anymore, but a random crash happened and I didn't know what the problem was. I assumed it was that, and it hasn't happened yet.

Also, I saw a 15-cell battery for my laptop on ebay or somewhere like that a while ago. How stupid is it to buy that battery, take out all of the 18650s, replace them with high quality ones (3400mAh vs 1200mAh), put it all back together and use it?

I take that back, it was a 12 cell by AGPTek on eBay (you have to look it up yourself, Sup Forums thinks it is spam)

sensors

lm-sensors on linux is what I use

>Sure thing kid.
said the newfag who doesn't know what /g was like before this faggot thread
now everyone who comes here thinks it's tech support

I was on Sup Forums before these threads were a thing, you fucking moron. Not everyone you don't like is a newfag.

So, I'm living in an apartment this year for college with three other fellows. Only problem is that the WiFi is some hot garbage, and there's only one Ethernet port out by our front door (which one of us has to use because they can't connect to the WiFi). We were thinking of getting our own router, but I've never setup my own network before. Would we just have to hook up the router to the Ethernet port and configure it through a web browser? Any tips or articles would be appreciated.

then what the fuck makes you think this place was worste before this shitposted shithread being spammed 24/7?

The fact that these threads see ~600 to ~1000 posts a day that would otherwise be spread throughout various additional threads on the board. You literally cannot deny that these threads at least somewhat reduce the amount of cancerous threads.

youtube.com/watch?v=CoXI9EvBmak

What fun project can I work on in python. Something involving the internet and possibly pyautogui. It has to involve the internet though.

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this.

I'm looking to get the new EVGA Z170 classified motherboard since I'm building a new PC from scratch and I might as well go all in. Is this a decent price? Newegg is all sold out and god knows when they'll restock, same with Amazon.

my PC keeps telling me i don't have enough memory then hangs for long times

where do i download more memory?

Wherr are you from?
Zimbawe?

The fuck is wrong with your currency.
Read logicalincrements.com .

Post task manager process list.

so I've done a clown install of Windows 10 when the free upgrade was available using my windows 7 oem key.

my question is, would i be able to use the windows 7 key on another computer and have it running Windows 7 since my pc is running Windows 10?

iirc once you use a Windows 7 or Windows 8 key for Windows 10 it becomes a Windows 10 key and only a Windows 10 key

It is a W10 only key and can be used as a OEM key on W7.

So you cant use it on another PC.

derp meant clean install*

ah alright.

thanks man.

>In Linux, what can I do to increase laptop battery life?
change cpu frequency governor to "ondemand"
try laptop-mode-tools

>Which is better: internal Wireless-G or USB Wireless-N (assuming the AP is N)?
N, even over usb2 N has a higher potential capacity than G

>How bad would it be if a swap disk hard drive were to start failing?
is it bad to swap a failing hdd? no, how could it be?

I want an external PCIe x4 interface so that I can upgrade my laptop later, but I also want it to be compatible with the x1 expresscard on my current laptop.

If I get these two products
> PCIe x16 to PCIe x4
hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C V4.1.html
PE4C-H4060A V4.1
> PCIe x4 to ExpressCard (PCIe x1)
hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4L V2.1.html
PE4L-EC060A V2.1

Would that give me the same functionality as this?
> PCIe x16 to ExpressCard (PCIe x1)
hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C V3.0.html
PE4C-EC060A V3.0

Good website to buy proxies?
Preferably not too expensive, and from legit websites

What are the benefits of driving with insurance versus driving without insurance if I have a cheap shit car?

You won't risk getting ticketed if you get pulled over

it just makes worse threads more prominent
there's more shill threads than ever after these threads came up.

correlation doesn't imply causation.

???
At the very least get third party insurance. If you crash into somebody's Porsche, you don't want to be paying for that, or going to jail if you cant. That's also why you should always drive a car that's registered and warranted.

You're retarded. Before /sqt/ we had about a hundred threads a day with people shitting up Sup Forums with their retarded questions. Now we get tens.
It also improves the answers that people get because having one thread promotes discussion about the best solutions to a problem, instead of just one idiot giving the wrong answer because he was the only one bothered to reply.

If you see someone post their "tech support" thread outside of this general, they're breaking the Sup Forums rules.
> www.Sup Forums.org/rules#g
> - section 2. "Tech support threads should be posted on /wsr/."
This thread doesn't break the rules because it's mostly not tech support, it's people asking general questions about technology that don't deserve their own thread.

So I fucked up installing Ubuntu on a partition, accidentally deleted the boot Mgr for windows 10, and now I'm stuck with Freya. I enjoyed it but I absolutely HAVE to go back to windows in order to do most of my school work. How would I go about legally clean installing windows on a laptop with no disk drive and with elementary os?

Why would you do that when you can use GRUB?

Which linux distro should I put on my laptop for school?

how to hack Sup Forums?
wanna bypass captchas and post more often and ban users IP

Have you ever gotten into a car crash?

didn't say it broke the rules dumbass
said it's just one more cancerous shitpost i have to filter
it brought PTG and daily lincucks shithreads being spammed on the front page everyday too.

and yet people still spam their stupid questions, programming faggotry, and lincuck bullshit outside of the general shitposts that are always on page 1.

all this did was make mods ignore shilling shitposts and opt for cleaning up the random tech spam instead.
while the same 5 faggots circle jerk in their own little generalized thread.

Now that windows has bash, can windows use lunux package managers?

I know this is a monumentally stupid question. Maybe a better question = is it -more- possible now?

I'm going to be moving out soon.
How long does it usually take to get an ISP out to a place to get everything hooked up?
Should I purchase the service ahead of time and schedule around my move in date?

Use mpv.

If you had windows 10 installed legally before, just install it from a USB drive and skip the key authentication in the install process.

Yes.

>I'm special because I'm smarter than other people who have questions about mundane shit.
Fuck off, there's 23 unique posters in this thread. for 49 posts. Just report the spam question threads that aren't in the generals and tell the OP's to go to the generals with their questions with a sage post.

Hi guys, i know it retarted but i cant install ubuntu on my laptop.

I booted it on a usb stick and when i get to the installetion it just crashed i get errno 13, not the python one, and says somthing like lunching the desktop so i can try and fix it...

All i could find about that problem is its somthing about the boot it self.

I tried to redownload every thing again and try, even tried to use boot-repair and i still get the same problem.

What am i doing wrong?

depends on ISP, but best option is to schedule in advance. or chance waiting 2-4 weeks for hook up

>what am I doing wrong
you bought stupid hardware

What do you mean?

I made a game in libGDX but I want an in app purchase for google/amazon/iOS + leaderboard support for all three.

How much should I pay for this? $50? $100? I'm using upworks btw

>If you had windows 10 installed legally before, just install it from a USB drive and skip the key authentication in the install process.

The laptop was originally w7 pro and then w10 pro. I mounted the w10 iso onto my flash drive but it didn't really work out all too well. I kept getting a blue screen when I tried booting from the drive. Maybe the installation just messed up?

RedHat linux cost crazy $$$
goes against the 'free'ness of linux
how to get redhat for free (not fedora!)?

Yeahhh.... Windows is really picky about how it gets installed. If you have access to a Windows mahcine, you should run the installer from here to burn it to the flash drive.
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
You could also install a win10 iso to a Virtual Machine, pass the flash drive to the VM, and burn it from the VM, but that would take hours.

There is a Linux program to flash Win10 installers, but it's finicky.

I signed out my anonymous google account and noticed it showed the "successfully logged out" screen from the 3rd party email thing for my school. I post a lot of shit on my anonymous one a lot of shit I could easily be expelled for if it was somehow linked to my school account. So is there any way it was? They came up as being posted by my anonymous named account. It could just as easily have been a friend logging into my computer right?

If you didn't have insurance, how much would you have had to pay for the damage done versus if you had insurance?

Yeah it seems low

$164 329.96 in the uk.

What good resources are there for learning embedded programming? Or is it probably better just learning good low level C stuff?

So, move the iso to my windows desktop and then run Rufus or a similar program to put the iso onto the flash drive? Also, thanks for the help. I've been ridiculously stressed over all of this as I have a ton of Chemistry due soon.

centos is literally RHEL without the branding

Search engines get better through people using them. I use duckduckgo but I find I very often has to use bang searches because the standard DDG results are not good enough. Do these bang searches still contribute to DDG at all? Or is it nothing more than sing DDg as a proxy?

lars-lab.jpl.nasa.gov/JPL_Coding_Standard_C.pdf

Re-download with the media creation tool, and use it to write to the usb directly.

I lost my no claims bonus of $200.
The other vehicle was a Mercedes, The front was crumpled to the point that the radiator was leaking. I don't know what the repair bill was, but it would have been thousands, if not tens of thousands.

Yep, that's exactly right. Also, try to use an up to date ISO if you have one. They have better compatibility and licensing authentication.

You should be able to use the tool to directly burn the image, without ever having to mess with ISOs.

CS majors, how's discrete math and fundamental computer systems? Anything I should expect?

Man, I don't know how the hell I didnt know this was a thing. I've been trying to find 3rd party software and all and Microsoft has something exactly for my problem. I'll install this tomorrow when I have access to wifi. Hopefully it works. Thanks!

The best tools for W10 images are on Windows. Only one exists for Linux and it has terrible support.

the solution is to use such a tool, create your functional installer, then image the final result
that way you have a plain usb image which you can use dd or whatever with

Alright.

How and why did your collision occur?

I thought you were just paying for service if it ever has any problems or anything, not for the distro itself.

Or do you get the service by buying the distro?

That is precisely wrong. You can always go back to your copy of 7/8, the key does not disappear, you just can't use both at the same time. But he said his windows 7 key was OEM, so he couldn't transfer it anyway.

What's better: MPV or MPC-HC+MadVR

why is firefox such a memory leaking piece of shit
I have 5 fucking tabs open (none of them are flash) and it's using like 900MB of memory
is chromium good or what?

He already said he's going to use a windows desktop so the microsoft tool will be fine. Doesn't need linux or rufus for this.

Not on windows.

i () am only responding to i didn't read any other linked post

You should stop that. When someone's been discussing a problem for 5 or 6 posts, and another annon comes in without reading and adds something, it can throw a wrench in the whole process.

Traffic stopped suddenly on a motorway. I managed to come to a full stop without hitting the car in front. I got rear-ended by the Merc. A situation like that is completely out of your control and happens far too often.

Run Fedora, it's basically just RedHat beta.

linux? mpv
windows? either one works

love how people never answer the question here
maybe it's lack of understanding
maybe it's trolling
maybe it's something else

but guy may ask:
how long do i fry an egg?
but the answers are:
fuck eggs, eat oatmeal
you need to buy special frying pan
eggs can't be fried, but you can poach them: here's a wall of text how to poach eggs

>You can always go back to your copy of 7/8
Rollback is only effective for 30 days and sometimes the rollback doesn't work at all, in which case you file a lawsuit under a jewish woman's name and win $10,000.

too trues, user!

>food metaphor
back to Sup Forums you go

Alright, you've convinced me.

But wouldn't it be the guy in the Mercede's fault for rear-ending you? Who was liable? How much did your insurance go up, and how were you covered? Which insurance provider do you have, and would you recommend it?

samefag pls

The 30 days is just how long your pc stores your old install. It has nothing to do with the license. If you clean install or use a recovery or backup your old key is still perfectly valid, at least until 2020.

I'm in New Zealand so I doubt It would help. You should ask /o/.

you caught us!

This is wrong. My laptop is dual booting Windows 7 and 10, and both are authenticated.

What specific micro USB cables would you recommend using? The ones I've tried are too loose and pop out of any device use them on.

If you don't want these threads to come up as often, just spam CP or guro in it and it might be abandoned and/or deleted, and everyone who replied to the post will be b&.

I'd recommend guro or alternatively shitting dick nipples, though. I don't want any more proxies to get permab&.

Also, I'd recommend finding a way to make it like those images that have a thumbnail different from the actual image.

Best of luck!

-_-
I'm using Digitus, they work pretty good. Monoprice aren't terrible.

What torrent?
If it was called xt59186 or along the lines of this did you check the hash to verify it?

>Just go the Sup Forums route and throw the online equivalent of a temper tantrum because you don't like thing
How about no