Useless technology you want

Useless technology you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

mjg59.dreamwidth.org/40397.html
discord.gg/q4udwHn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You sir are aweome

Women are useless and a big drain, but I still want one.

And you posted one of the least useless women?

Waifus are the same except they don't take up any resources except maybe your immagination and power on your computer.

I want to buy one but I know I won't be assed to purchase a new monitor until my current 1920x1080 one breaks. By then I'm sure the gtx 1360 or whatever would trounce it for half the bucks.

I want to use it to browse the web with my hands and not need a touchscreen.

Only useless because i have a more powerful laptop that does everything i need already.

I want those Philips Hue lights but they're so fucking expensive

You can get chink ones for a fraction of the price

And they'll create gaping vulnerabilities in your network: mjg59.dreamwidth.org/40397.html

Any brand VR Goggles

also this

if you're smart you would use a separate offline network just for the bulbs

are these even being sold yet/still ?

But if you want to control them with, say, your phone, your phone will have to be on that network and also be offline.

Obviously there are ways to make this work but they all create more trouble than paying for legit Hue lights are worth

They make unnetworked ones too, mine came with a remote control.

Are you two newfags? Purchasing IOT devices? Not making your own?

yes if you open steam still see ads with that and the controller. I guess it would be useful to play games on your tv on the other side of the house linked to your computer.

They make it better than I can, I don't have the time to

Fucking really.

Once they found out you could do the same fucking thing with a raspberry pi 3, I think the world quit giving a shit.

>I guess it would be useful to play games on your tv on the other side of the house linked to your computer.

Yeah, Im kinda torn between just building a dedicated pc for the tv and that. Id really like to just demo one to see what the video encoding looks like and what not

Tube amps
I mean listening to vinyl is one thing but the moment you push them through a tube amp you've just hit maximum faggotry

my girlfriend takes space on my hdd

that saturation sound can be achived with some very specific EQing if you understand what you're doing

I use it for Dark Souls

s'aight.

excellent read my dude, thank you

They're out but nobody owns them.

lol.
Came here to post my Nitro Fury
>4GB HBM and 75C playan DOOM

>raspberry pi
>streaming anything with that USB bus

When will people STOP this shit

OK for newfag home appliciances, but not enough for others.
Very interesting read dude, thanks.

>he didn't unlock the cores of his R9 Fury
>he didn't undervolt his R9 Fury to gain 15 Celsius degrees
>he thinks undervolting would lower performance when actually AMD overvolts their card
>he didn't use that new headroom for OCing super high

Jokes on Y O U

First build and don't really know a damn thing about OC'ing. I guess I should learn since I went all z170/6600k

But you can't unlock the cores ya dingus.
Interesting to note, I got lower framerates playing Blood Dragon than DOOM.

And you're saying I can undervolt the card just to push it more again? I have heard of undervolting to reduce the power draw, but wouldn't it just get hot again when I OC it up?

I only bought it because I couldn't get that fucking 480. So because of that I went balls deep on a 1440p/144Hz as well lol.

i wish minidisc took off
that stuff always seem so future-y and cool

Spicy read, bro! Cheers, mate.

Hell no, space is limited and it sucks

t. Childhood gamecube owner.

pretty sick. reading thru this guy knows his shit
appreciate that link ty

>No replies for this bad boy!

I want larger cartridge based storage. Plugging in a flash drive just isn't satisfying, I want big chunky things like floppies. SD cards come close but they keep making them smaller which is no fun

ATRAC3 was a great codec

Undervolting uses less power, and therefore produces less heat.
Less heat = the card can stay at its "boost" clock for longer/indefinitely.

480s are ootb volted way too high. You actually gain performance (and use less power) by undervolting them a little.

I would assume the same can be done to a fury, but might not be to the extent of the 480

GameCube has nothing to do with MiniDisc

>Internet of things
>EVER

Thanks, I got it from

Y Combinator Hacker News

Any codec other than FLAC is and was shit.

i'm such a faggot lmao

Fucking retard

Good, but not great

I got cucked

I was on about the network ones pillock.
They're shite anyway.
Incandescent or T12 fluorescent.

No shit, but you replied to me, and I was talking about the network free ones, twat.

Ah okay, I'll look into it. I noticed at one point today the fans don't kick on till 50C or probably higher and just use passive cooling or something.

I must have not been getting my 'boost' when I started it up today because earlier in blood dragon I was only getting 40fps for a couple minutes or so.

I'd love to have lower temps, I figure if I can undervolt by like 4% it would make enough of a difference in the heat and power to be worthwhile.

Completely unrelated question:
On my 144Hz, I get a line down the middle of the screen. I looked online and set it to 120 and it went away. How do I fix that shit and run it at 144? Asus MG279q for monitor

RMA it.

Well good on you.
You are the one who started this shit.
I hadent even mentioned the network free ones, you decided to make them relevent.
Enjoy your short life meme lightbulbs.

that looks like an MZ-RH1 on the right... Most beautiful minidisc device ever

Eat a dick you pathetic waste of space.

Wait a second!

Damn, that's drastic. Everything else works fine.
Kinda funny now that I think about it, I thought it had async/freesync but I looked at a menu and was told that it's not supported heh. It actually went away for a few minutes after I installed the drivers but then came right back on. I wouldn't care if I hadn't paid nearly $500 burgers though.

that's not an ADHD cure

>I would assume the same can be done to a fury, but might not be to the extent of the 480

Retard alert

a cutter plotter for papercraft

always wanted one, and its not like they are expensive or hard to get, but when i think about it just sitting there and draining 20W, I'd be inclined to turn it off during the day, and night, and basically only use it when guests are coming over

I have one.

It doesn't work as well as you'd hope.

I love mine.

>phone can only control through wifi

Newer ones have speakers built in and work over bluetooth.

It did in Japan.

The still sell readers.

It's a laptop
But also a tablet
But also a laptop

Completely fucking inane but i cannot stop thinking how fun would be to play board games on it with my brother. Talisman for example.

I guess what was once old is new again

I bought a HDD for my ワイフ

b-but user, my cloud...

>Yoga 500
>not X1 Yoga
I am shaking my head to be honest with you family.

>no dedicated graphics
>no numpad

apart from that I would shill this so hard

>no dedicated grafix for muh gaymez xddd
boo-freakity-hoo
>no numpad
what sane person would even want this in a 14" form factor ?

>swims for a living
>not useless

> undervolt
>gain degrees

Hownew.ru

I've still got my MD player somewhere
It was the shit back when I was in high school(class of 05)
It was a technology that was just too late

>board games
>laptop/tablet
You are fucking retarded.

Discord is useless but I use it for shilling - discord.gg/q4udwHn

This and a LISP machine.

When mp3 players were first coming out I told my parents I wanted one and they got me one of those because it said it played mp3s on the package. I wanted one of these

Needless to say I was disappointed.

Thanks for telling me. I'll PM you a steam game.

Edit: Also added some hentai I thought you might like :)

This
It would need two angles to work better.
You can come up with answer using common sense and logic
For you I would probably recommend checking the 2nd or 3rd generation of this tech (if its ever going to get one that is)

I've got an XT2 that I play chess on all the time, it's great.

this
in rose gold

i bought this from best buy and returned it less than a week later, it just didn't fucking work at all, in the dark, in a lit room, by a window, it didn't fucking matter it just didn't work

I saw one in a store yesterday, branded by Alienware (because they apparently still exist) and for $500. Somehow the idea of a gaming machine that only runs Linux games is good to some people.