Can we have a netbook/low-end laptop thread?

Can we have a netbook/low-end laptop thread?
I'm looking at getting pic related for a school/shitpost machine but it's only 2gb ram and can't be upgraded.
How does win 10 even run on 2gb ram?
I've got one chrome tab open in win 7 on my desktop and my ram usage is to to 5gb already.
Any suggestions or recommendations for myself and others on

Other urls found in this thread:

m.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_356746.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Look into a Chromebook. You won't be able to run Windows apps but you can install Ubuntu on it if you really need to code or something like that.

I was thinking of going that route as well, but my thinkpad is still live and kicking.

Trying to sell a gaming laptop to get a Surface pro 4.

x220/x230

Unfortunately I really need windows.
What confuses me is that chromebooks typically have better specs in the same price range as these windows netbooks... But doesn't the chrome OS mostly run from the web?
What's the point?

Windows 10 uses ~600MB ram on my netbook.

Everything runs fine.

Buy a used Thinkpad you autist
You can get a decent T240 for $250 and won't want to kill yourself because you got a piece of shit machine
Why do you need Windows anyway? Chromebooks are great if pricing is really your problem

Might buy a U100 soon, talk me out of it, Sup Forums.

*******T420

Web apps and Google apps in specific are more than enough for most people to get buy. You've got the entire MS Office clone, media players, and an app store at your disposal.

If you need Windows that's understandable, but if it isn't an absolute requirement, Chromebooks are pretty great.

If you're doing 2gb RAM with win 10, go for the 32-bit version. The extra RAM used by 64-bit makes it really limiting.

I just bought a thinkpad t420 off of eBay with windows 10 pro. It came with office.

I added 8gb of ram and 120gb ssd.

For around $200 it will outperform everything in that price range. It's pretty awesome.

>tfw my main laptop is an IdeaPad S10

You can install Windows on some Chromebooks

You're welcome
Ezbooker 2

m.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_356746.html

Cedarview and newer atoms are actually pretty decent.

Z3735f is equal to an e7200 iirc

that doesn't look like openbsd

I was assuming it was a netbook, man am I ever disappointed.

That's because it's not. I sshed into my netbook from my desktop. This is OpenBSD

Things you want to look up:

ASUS X205TA
Thinkpad X200, X220, X230, X120, X130, X131 (last three are traditionally-sized netbooks)
Dell Latitudes (also come in netbook versions, probably the last of the modern netbooks)

Netbooks are kind of fading out of style because of tablets and if you're using a laptop, you're getting something that's 15.6" at least.

>How does win 10 even run on 2gb ram?
Surprisingly well enough on the X205TA. Firefox and Chrome work fine for a few tabs. I can run VS 2015 on it, too.

>chinkshit
Not even fucking once.

Don't forget ideapad 100s (absolute killer for the price and battery life)

I bought an ideapad G51-35 (it's the G50-45 with win10) for $249 and it was one hell of a value.

Quad core 2.2GHz AMD A8
8GB 1600MHz DDR3L
1TB 5400 RPM HDD
AMD R5 graphics (apu) with 1.5GB system ram allocated to it
Dolby audio
802.11ac
SD slot
HDMI out
DVD RW+
Full keyboard with numpad

Only con is the display, 1366*768. For 15.6" it should be 1080p

Any idea when that ships?

I hace a emachines em350 from like 4-5 years ago and it runs like a charm with Xubuntu 16.04. I mainly use it for ssh sessions for my work, keep my account, pay the bills over web and shitposting. With and old atom and 2 GB of ram you'll be fine, plus netbooks size is very comfy. Pic very related.

get windows laptop
install Ubuntu or Chrome OS
relish in memes

>For 15.6" it should be 1080p
You mean 1920x1200

>I've got one chrome tab open in win 7 on my desktop and my ram usage is to to 5gb already.

botnet confirmed

Got a trash Acer Aspire One AO751h-1279 that doesn't even run well with Lubuntu installed. I'd like to offload it on someone else who would actually want to tinker with it.

I'm shitposting on one of those right now actually. Everything runs pretty well, haven't ran into a lack-of-RAM issue yet. The little atom quad core is pretty beast for what it is. Doesn't do so well with HQ video rips, but what do you expect for $200 bucks?

So 720p files don't play smoothly?
What video player are you using?

Sadly Atoms got discontinued.

I thought just the smartphone/tablet ones got axed

I'm using VLC, but it's really only with 1080p and up rips. Quite honestly, even shit rips lower than 720 look alright on it.

That's a relief, thanks.
Just got one for $150 and prime shipping

This. 64bit isnt going to run on a piece of shit netbook letalone aomething new like win10. I got a samsung n150 thats only running on 1gb ram atm :(
Netbooks are shit irl but look good on catalogs.

Netbooks are awesome though

I use an Asus t100ta and battery life is fucking awesome.
Good performance too so fuck off

This

>Buy a used Thinkpad you autist
calling others autistic while telling them to get a thinkpad, rich

I have a thinkpad x100e with 4gb of ram, slow and hot as fuck, dunno what you guys want netbooks theyre slow as shit unless you disable everything and use umatrix to prevent js of burning the netbook.

>low end
Are you saying my sandy bridge i5 is low end now?

>dunno what you guys want netbooks
Small portable machine for web browsing and ssh. Same reason I've got a UMPC.

Dude what?
My netbook is great.

Handles up to ~15 tabs in my web browser before choking, plenty processing power for a netbook

windows 10 shits itself on 2 gb. yeah it only takes 0.6 gb when idle, but try browsing with 3 different tabs while having excel and another program in the background

W7 slipstream, disable everything

I bought a surface pro 4, had a phantom touch in the top left that made it impossible to use without the touchscreen interface disabled. I returned it, overall I didn't think it was that great. Build quality is nice but there's better/cheaper laptops and cheaper/comparable tablets