>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed)
>Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00S5E4LX0/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=A79G3EP6PSNSBJCXC8AG&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=6aad23bd-3035-4a40-b691-0eefb1a18396&pf_rd_i=desktop
massdrop.com/buy/24001
massdrop.com/buy/24009
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=111
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ducky Shine 5 vs Ducky One

any differences?

Which fuckin thread

does pic related make good mechs

Nop

ill get flamed for it but i have one right now and i enjoy it

They use Cherry MX switches and have solid build quality, so yes. I like the backlight options too, if you take the time to learn the horrible software. Since you didn't assemble it yourself from the board up with a bunch of gaudy pastel colored caps on it, everyone here will shit all over it.

exactly.
to be fair though, some of the models are pricey.
the software is a bit of a PITA but it has more features than ill ever need and once you use it for a month or two you figure it out well enough

I've always thought they're kinda plasticy-feeling to type on, but they're not bad. My friend who owns one swears by it.

Go to the nearest Best Buy; they all have k70s on display that you can test out.

Jukebox or 1976 also are they topre compatible?

First of all none of them are in stock
>are they topre compatible
sadly no

Buy some Novatouch stems if you care that much.

yay or nay

Nay nigga

>layers
XD

why?

Too many keys

Happy Hacking Professional 2 or KBT Pure? Haven't used mechanical keyboards before but want to get one and I have money to spend.

Those are wildly different keebs. Thre HHKB is Topre switches while the KBT uses Cherry MX.

If you've never owned a mech, get a switch tester before you go dropping $200. There's dozens of switch styles and finding a switch style you like is a big first step

Are the pastebins up to date?
If no where can I get Cherry MX switch testers for the cheapest

I'm gonna buy this am I fucking up or what

Name a better keyboard than the Apple Extended Keyboard II. Protip: you can't.

Overpriced and bad stock keycaps. Consider Ducky keyboards if you want full size.

I'm going to get a keycap set

My other choice was a ducky shine 5

The Ducky Shine 5 seems like the better option if you're not particular about stabilizers or the mini USB connection. If you're swapping keycaps, you'll appreciate Cherry stabilizers a lot more than Costar.

Anyone know when the Ducky One RGB TKLs are gonna be back in stock? Been waiting fucking forever.

i actually did it, now i'll just have to wait for it to arrive

i'm so glad i didn't give up the rgb lights. the only real disadvantage is probably that this doesn't have the raw black POM keycaps since it has to let light through. sure, the non-RGB version has gateron switches but the noppoo switches also seem to be pretty consistent and and people seem to actually prefer noppoos over cherry mx.

Honestly it's just a fuckin keyboard to me, couldnt care less about technical stuff as long as it's generally a quality built item and this code seems to be pretty solid

You'll begin to hate Costar stabilizers when you start to swap keycaps. Bitch to put on and a bitch to take off. You can also get away with not lubing Cherry stabilizers but with Costars, they'll get irritatingly rattly.

>They use Cherry MX switches and have solid build quality, so yes
inb4 non-standard R1 and poor reliability

Oh wait.

Where are all the non mechanical TKL boards?

AliExpress/amazon

>click clack edition
Lol, if you say so with a board like that
Nope
K70s tend to be first mechanical keyboards - that's likely why he "swears by it"
You know what thread you're in, right? Anyway, I'd probably look for stuff labelled "compact" or "mini" or something then just sort by price (lowest) wherever you're looking

Red or brown switches? which do you prefer

Guys can anyone help me out? Should I get the Filco or the WASD keyboard.

i don't have personal experience but from what i've read it's maybe red for gaymen but brown for low-noise typing or combined gaymen/typing

Why are you even chiming in then?

so you would have preferred if i had written
>maybe red for gaymen but brown for low-noise typing or combined gaymen/typing
because that's about the caliber of the advice you'd get from /mkg/

I'd return this board asap, I bought one similar from England the other week and they aren't even using MX Cherry's anymore, they're using their own keyswitch variant.

The build quality has gotten worse and overall? You're just asking for a bad time in all fairness.

I have the Corsair K65 and let me tell you, even compared to one of the worst boards in terms of build quality, QA and just overall feel (Noppoo Choc Mini (2013 version)), they are terrible.

They use a very low quality ABS Keycap, the legends aren't even lasered on, they'ye literally fucking stickers. The quality of the metal on the board is nice, but apart from that? Absolutely fucking horrendous board.

Honestly, buy anything else apart from a Corsair board, they cater to the "gaming" market because a lot of gamers don't know any better, but if you visit any mech board enthusiast forums, you'll quickly learn that the Corsair brand of keyboards are a gigantic pile of shit.

what's wrong with their own switches? and yeah i'm aware of the build quality but it's just going to sit on my desk, i'm not moving it around in a backpack

Their own switches are based of either Kailh switches or gaterons I believe, they're not as enjoyable as traditional MX Cherry switches and because of that, the shelf-life and quality of those switches is diminshed.

In regards to the build quality, bad build quality = bad board, it'll feel cheap, typing will not be an enjoyable experience and so on and so forth.

If you really want the board, go ahead, but a lot of people have problems with NCM's around the 6-month mark.

What does Sup Forums think about the Logitech G610 and Qpad MK-50?

Surprisingly, they're not that bad. If I did get a board from Logitech, I'd rather TKL board, but overall? Not a completely shitty board.

7/10

edit:

the Qpad MK-50 is shit though.

What are the excact downsides?

which keyboard did you buy and which switches? people are saying the noppoo blue switches manufactured by gaote are comparable to cherry mx blue. and i really want this layout and rgb so i'll probably manage with the build quality.

reds and i don't even like linears that much.
i got browns on my first mech because of fucks like who will happily repeat the brown-all-purpose meme without any personal experience.
honestly browns feel like wobbly reds, the "tactile bump" is barely noticeable.

why are mechanicals are still so expensive? demand is still huge? or costs are huge?

what price range are you looking at? some chinkboards are fairly affordable

production costs mostly. when you go rubber dome you are replacing 104 individual components containing multiple moving parts with 1 printed plastic sheet and 1 rubber mat

many mechanical boards are overpriced though

"Gaming" boards tend to have "sharp" edges on the keycaps. My Model M, while not as crispy click, has the softest and comfiest keycaps.

A matter of preference.

Guys Should i buy a Filco or a WASD keyboard?

In massdrop the WASD is like 120 dollars. Is it th same built quality as the Filco? Also its my first Mechanical Keyboard which im getting Cherry MX browns. Did i do a good choice? I play a lot of games.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00S5E4LX0/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=A79G3EP6PSNSBJCXC8AG&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=6aad23bd-3035-4a40-b691-0eefb1a18396&pf_rd_i=desktop

that simple full keyboard is good for my taste but I'm suspicious about the quality control at that price range. I always prefer price/performance products. is that price normal for what it is?

yeah, macs are shit

the price seems reasonable. the quality probably isn't the best but it could be decent enough assuming you aren't a keyboard aficionado. keep in mind you're paying around a $10 premium for the cherry mx switches, /mkg/ prefers gateron switches which are cheaper.

>production costs
>in a world where everything comes out of china
I wouldn't be surprised if our country started importing babys out of china soon

and the key caps are probably ABS. PBT and POM are better

Guys is this worth it?

massdrop.com/buy/24001

hmm. do you recommend that I look for clean 2nd hands from better quality control brands? is it always better to buy new?

>amazon.com/gp/product/B00S5E4LX0/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=A79G3EP6PSNSBJCXC8AG&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=6aad23bd-3035-4a40-b691-0eefb1a18396&pf_rd_i=desktop
it's fucking 80 USDs, shit should be golden...

Is this worth buying? It's only $89 on newegg now.
The switches are very comfy according to the reviews.

>ABS plastic keys
no

also look at that shit, the caps are fucking spray painted

Filco has much better quality materials and QC. WASD make some of the cheapest caps around.

Dude im gonna buy this with it.

massdrop.com/buy/24009

What do you think now?

See this Im on the verge of buying it. I just want your guys opinion because i really want something exactly like the WASD but not ducky.

Also whats PBT plastic? Is it good? Thats the rainbow keycaps im buying with the WASD code. Please give me ur opinion i got 2 hours left before i can buy it.

What is general opinion about Plum?

>What do you think now?
that you are a massive faggot

Why? Just because i like that the set looks cool? Dude I I wanted your opinion on the keyboard. Thanks for being a faggot.

The caps look decent, PBT is the material they're made from vs the cheap thin ABS that WASD uses.

They turn shiny after use so it looks like you have permanent cheeto dust fingers rubbing on them. That said, I'd still get the Filco for the other parts (case, PCB, quality control)

Cool, I canceled it then. Since im new to mechanical keyboards I want my first keyboard to be near perfection. How is the ducky series, as in built quality. If I still did not make up my mind by today Im just gonna get the Filco and try to find another set of Key Caps. Do you know which Keycaps material is the best as in durability and quality? I dont really want a keycap that wears off or gives that permanent cheeto dust effect.

POM and PBT are both miles better than ABS. Ducky is right up there with Filco. They have models with both ( see mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=111 ) so if you're not set on buying a new set of caps, the PBT models would be the cheapest route.

Perfection can get into the thousands, but these are a very good options all-around for most.

Cool, thanks man. Last question then I am done. It seems Ducky shine 6 is going to be released in 2017. Do you think I should wait for Ducky Shine 6 or Just get the 5?

What can you tell me about Cooler Master Quickfire XT?

Nah I doubt it'll be that big of a change. If you're still into mechs by then, you'll prolly want something a little different for variety anyhow.

because you left out an important part of your order in the first post
i don't care if you want your keyboard to look like a candy necklace

It's Rosewill, and it's priced about right. It's fine.

PBT has a more coarse feeling as opposed to the smoothness of ABS caps. It also takes a lot longer period of time to develop shine. They're generally regarded as better, but exceptions and personal opinion both exist.

What do you want to know?

If they're good for 120€ and how they compare with other mech keyboards in their price range.

do it senpai
i just got mine last week.
Coming from a fullsize board, I thought I'd miss having the arrow keys on the side or the numpad but I transitioned pretty easily.

Why are you buying a """"like new"""" one from CL if websites have it for the same price new and usually no taxes or shipping costs?

Ducky shine!!!!!!

I live in Austria and my budget is 100€ tops, what mech keyboard should I buy, considering I want brown switches and a really solid build quality.

I've already researched a bit, and come to the conclusion that there are literally no vendors selling "no name" keyboards directly to austria without paying huge import fees (namely Azio MGK1-K, VM90 etc)

who here @work?

disqusting

What do you do senpai?

CAM

poor leopold

cherry TKL when?

Anons, I need your opinions here.
Only keyboards I can find around here are

Corsair K70.
Razer shit I don't want to buy.
Logitech meme keyboard that costs too much.
And some Tesoro ones.

The later made me a bit curious if they are at least decent because they cost half of the other keyboards.

Tesoro Excalibur for example is less than half the corsair one.
Is it a good idea? Anyone here had any experience with that brand?

I want to know how long topre lasts before the dust kills it

>that pc
>not dead

Sup Sup Forums, I've got an MK Disco and I want white translucent key caps like this. Anyone have any recommendations? Are the ones sold by MaxKeyboard (pic related) any good? I've got a $100 amazon gift card but I couldn't find any on there.

Yes, but don´t get used to the leds and stay away from the newer models unless you want a tramp stamp staring back at you

it just drip feeds CAM files
it currently thinks it's in 1980 because it cant retain time settings

Layers are pretty comfy
Gaterons are pretty comfy
Not comfy, end it's misery
Where do you live user?

no
it gets to die when it can no longer do it's one job

MX Greens

i should also mention it's been on 24/7 for years with the only break being occasional power outages

Does anyone know of a nice looking TKL keyboard that has floating keys, some sort of backlight, and a standard bottom row?

The Corsair K65 RGB would be berfect except having to pay 250$+ for a custom set of bottom row keys.