What are some linux alternatives to the followings applications?

What are some linux alternatives to the followings applications?

>Silverlight (for netlfix)
>FL Studio (Music production)

Also, is there any wireless adapters that are sure things with the latest kernel? My PCI-E wireless card hasn't been working for a month since I tried to transition. Been rocking hardwire looking for a compatible device.

For music production use Bitwig, eveyrthing else sucks dick

there are other ways of being a special snowflake outside of using Linux

no one cares about music production, netflix, or PCI-E networking and other consumer garbage on that OS so don't expect anything to work

I tried to install lmms on lubuntu, and I think I installed a virus because I could only run the application from the terminal and then when I rebooted I couldn't log in, so I had to format and install mint.
Music production is my hobby though

>Music production is my hobby though
yes and you have OSX that is dedicated to that industry

Using GNU/Linux for music production, media consumption etc is like using a space shuttle to drive two blocks to your workplace

>Using GNU/Linux for music production, media consumption etc is like using a space shuttle to drive two blocks to your workplace

Using GNU/Linux for music production, media consumption etc is dope as fuck

>s dope as fuck
special snowflake, look at my obscure OS, as fuck tobehonestfamily

Netflix runs natively in chrome under Linux and will in Firefox once 49 comes out

>Silverlight (for netflix)
Netflix no longer requires silverlight

>FL Studio
You're fucking kidding, right?

>and you have OSX that is dedicated to that industry
You clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

older versions of pleb studio probably work under wine

>Also, is there any wireless adapters that are sure things with the latest kernel?

literally anything that isn't obscure or manufactured in small runs works, tp-link stuff has mostly done me well (apart from a usb on a modern kernel but patched drivers were available)

will come out sooner if you compile firefox with the chrome drm module but it's a pain in the arse and slow

yes ok
go use Linux for music production now

There is nothing special about OS X that makes it better than Windows or Linux for music production. Linux doesn't have the software compatibility of Windows or OS X but there is nothing special about OS X in that regard.

>Silverlight (for netlflix)
Chrome Chrome
>FL Studio (Music production)
LMMS

Silverlight is deprecated by Microsoft at this point.

>There is nothing special about OS X
it's called industry standard but when you're making garbage no one will ever listen to I guess things like software availability, exclusivity, and quality don't matter

"""""""""industry standard""""""""""
lol

as if that's not important in a meme field like music """"""""""production"""""""""""

Never seen any professional studio with Windows

Professionals in that area refuse to touch Windows

Like I said none of this matters for OP that's just going to use some free shitware to churn out worthless garbage

And you know all this because you work in that field, right?
Dumbass.

>no one in music uses windows

Lol.

OP, use bitwig. That said, finding the DAW isn't the problem. The problem is VST or AU support, which is pretty rough Linux. If you have external gear that you're using entirely (that is, external synths and guitars and mics and all that), you should be fine. Getting VSTs to work is going to be a different ball of wax. Look into some VST bridges. That, or run FL in wine.

yes, I'm clearly making all this up to shill OSX on a chinese cartonboard bbs or as le epic ruse

there's not a remote chance in the universe I have ever been exposed to the music production industry

everyone here is just a NEET that can't tie their shoes

>I could only run the application from the terminal and then when I rebooted I couldn't log in
Yep, sounds like virus alright.

Nice cactus ya got there. Are you going to eat it?