Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

First order of business: what's with this/these faggot(s) posting Small Questions Threads?

Archives indicate that they've been created in their current form since July 1, 2016, and in variations since June 30, 2016.

What fucking gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/OSPackages
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're an autistic faggot

Also, for the people who care, if creating a new thread with the same name, please try to make sure that you keep the same OP up to, and including, the "Protip:" paragraph.

I see!

recently i've got this weird exe, when i terminate it it always multiplies

i've tried searching it but i get nothing "Ulbcwgbsk.exe" is the exe and it has multiple files in AppData\Roaming, all contain an .xml file and most of the time a blank .png weirdly enough

am i ratted?

Hey fuckhead, there's already an /sqt/

Wrong thread, see

>capital /SQT/
Do you even Sup Forums general?

>current sqt
If you want to make a new thread to compete, do it when the current one reaches the bump limit and post "new thread". You'll actually stand a chance of getting people in your thread.

hey I got a small/stupid question
why are you fags such fags?

>Archives indicate that they've been created in their current form since July 1, 2016, and in variations since June 30, 2016.
That's when I started making them. Archives also indicate that Small Questions Threads have been a thing since 2012.

Try asking in the /sqt/

> >capital /SQT/
Hey man, I kept it as close to the original(s) as possible.

Wouldn't have been my choice, but if it's used in the subject, I'll use it in the body.

> If you want to make a new thread to compete, do it when the current one reaches the bump limit and post "new thread". You'll actually stand a chance of getting people in your thread.
If I did that, then the other guy would just make his shitty one again.

Besides, the previous one I linked was created well before the current one hit the bump limit, and it generated replies when the other /sqt/ hit about 254 replies.

I'd rather create this one too early than too late, you know?

Everyone's a faggot, user

> That's when I started making them.
I had a hunch. I can't say I'm surprised.

> Archives also indicate that Small Questions Threads have been a thing since 2012.
FUCKING PLEASE.

There hasn't been a Small Questions Thread ever since May 4, 2014 that hasn't been a Small/Stupid or Small and Stupid or Small+Stupid (or other variation of such) Questions Thread.

I've got a question: Have you ever been diagnosed with autism?

>There hasn't been a Small Questions Thread ever since May 4, 2014 that hasn't been a Small/Stupid or Small and Stupid or Small+Stupid (or other variation of such) Questions Thread.
Your point being?

Like, by a doctor?

They aren't "a thing", and haven't been since that time.

What's a decent mid sized case with a reasonable amount of space behind the mobo for cable management? Not squished/bulging the back panel, i.e. not the thermaltake v3.

Questions threads have been a thing for the last four years or so. They're just predominantly stupid question threads. I'm changing that.

Wrong thread, see

How about a Fractal R3?

> Questions threads have been a thing for the last four years or so.
Not Small Questions Threads.

> They're just predominantly stupid question threads.
And rightly so.

Small Questions Threads were phased out long ago.

> I'm changing that.
I'll see to it that you don't.

TLDR: how do I install linux from dos?

I have an old box with the following:
- floppy drive (+ stack of floppies)
- (IDE) hard drive
- ethernet port
- serial/parralel port (but no cables)
- MS-DOS 6.21

I managed to do some basic file operations through DOS and played in QBASIC a bit.

Now I want to install either debian or a BSD on there. I can put files on the HDD by copying them to floppies but nothing I want to copy fits on a floppy.

what's the easiest way to install linux?

Not Small Questions Threads.
So what?
>And rightly so.
Not at all.
>I'll see to it that you don't.
Why're you such a massive faggot?

Wrong thread, see

Plug the hard drive into another pc, create a seperate partition on it, put a bootable linux image on there, boot that in your DOS pc, and install on the remaining disk space.

if i set my computers dns servers to use opendns, does it ignore my isp dns servers and only go trough opendns?

Wrong thread, see

wow thanks for the help, pal

That's a great idea but who has IDE connectors on their motherboards these days?

No problem

There are adapters for USB.

If you can't do what said;

Install the floppy drive into another PC, and put the floppy into the drive and install Puppy Linux onto it - it should be able to fit.

Whip out the floppy, install the drive back into the original PC, the put the floppy back into the drive.

You should be able to do an install after that.

Afterwards, install a disk drive and knock yourself out with installing *BSD!

> Now I want to install either debian or a BSD on there. I can put files on the HDD by copying them to floppies but nothing I want to copy fits on a floppy.
> I can put files on the HDD by copying them to floppies but nothing I want to copy fits on a floppy.
> copying that floppy
Serves you right.

Actual Thread

> So what?
Things happen for a reason.

> Not at all.
Everything happens for a reason, many things for the right reason.

The evolution of /SQT/, being Stupid Question Thread, was one of those things.

> Why're you such a massive faggot?
I'm OP.

Go fuck a chainsaw sideways, quit bumping this shit thread.

That image triggered me because of the autist we call dressfag on Sup Forums who always ruins MLaaTR threads with his autism by making tons of posts esclusively about Jenny's dress which he has been doing for several years.

So puppy linux doesn't seem to work with floppies, but the forums there linked me to a couple other distros that might, so I'll try those.

And if they don't, I guess will have to do.

I don't know what I did. I don't use antivirus neither do things wrong. I might have got a weird malware. It doesn't affect at all, it just sometimes open an ad website. I tried to remove it, couldn't and forgot about it, since it doesn't really bother me. But well, Imma now be someone's cow to keep milking. How do I remove it?

Wrong thread, see

Not him but people are actually using this thread.
And people don't appreciate your lack of help.

I'm redirecting them to the proper thread where there are even more people ready to help them.

lolno

Well, you don't have to worry, because I am not that same faggot.

She definitely is incredibly hott in that dress, though. Absolutely fantastic DFC, plausible 10/10.

Could you tell me more about this faggot, though?

Alright, user!

Good luck!

Here's hoping that the motherboard you're plugging it into has the appropriate pins, though.

Luckily, my old Pentium 4 motherboard has them, but there's no fucking cables, fucking Dell.

Why NetBSD, if I may ask?

Which operating system do you have?

Like I even have to ask.

Install Malwarebytes.

Thank you, user.

I really appreciate that.

Eat a dick

Uninstall your browsers
run though the installed programs list and remove everything you can't verify should be there.
Clear the autorun
Clear system timers
Look through the registry for entries relating to stuff you removed in the last steps, and remove those too.
Use file search to look for everything related to your browser and the virus, and remove the last few files.
check hosts.txt to see if your browser's website is not redirected

reboot

install a browser
install adblock in browser
install httpseverywhere
install noscript

If the Master File Table (MFT) is damaged, what would you expect to see at offset 0 instead of ‘FILE0’?

Wrong thread, see

Please.
I'm convinced that I'm probably the only one still replying to your shit thread.

You are an incredibly low-quality poster.

Low quality posts for a low quality thread.

Faggot.

Not actually going to install netbsd. It's just the most relevant pic I had.

Though now I notice NetBSD actually is among my options: tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/OSPackages

Ideas of what to do with a computer I came across? Not too powerful, but is pretty free to do whatever, not the most nerdy person but free to take suggestions.

Wrong thread, see

Why is it split

Signs point to yes.

If you don't have any sort of antivirus, then I would install Malwarebytes.

Well now, that certainly is a chicken-and-egg problem!

Is the low quality thread the cause of the low quality posts, or are the posts what cause the thread to become low quality?

I say the latter is correct.

By that logic, since a very good number of the posts causing this thread to decline in quality are yours, I'd say that you're such a fucking faggot, holy shit.

Well, which *BSD were you planning on? FreeBSD?

Are you willing to try OpenBSD?

Remote file server is one, and is incredibly useful.

Otherwise, you could use it as an IPS, IDS, server, seedbox (although I wouldn't recommend it - it likely draws too much power), or as a thin or thick client (my favorite!).

Which one would you like to try?

Wrong thread, see

Because the faggot ass OP decided it was a good idea to have two separate /sqt/s. Just pretend this one doesn't exist.

Is the low quality thread the cause of the low quality posts, or are the posts what cause the thread to become low quality?
The thread's low quality because it was a shitpost from the start.
>I'd say that you're such a fucking faggot, holy shit.
Says the guy that got so assblasted by a simple word he had to create a whole fucking thread and ruin the whole point of /sqt/
>Wrong thread, see
Wrong thread, see

Not sure what I want to do with it, problem is I do not really need any of that stuff for the most part, on the other hand I do not need anything. Perhaps a server, or something like that..

Even if you're not that nerdy, a home cloud is always pretty cool.

Installations like owncloud make it easy enough to do.

I have something far nerdier than owncloud but I'm exceedingly happy with the personal music streaming & home audio installation that it provides.

Question thread's over here, guys

Because I didn't want the spirit of /SQT/ to be ruined or represented by some autistic faggot who throws a temper tantrum every time somebody makes or posts in an /SQT/ that isn't his.

Besides, it's fun!

That seema incredibly useful for me, as I like to have all my files accessable across my devices.

Two separate threads isn't fun you fucking slutbag. The whole point of /sqt/ is one goddamned thread for questions.

OpenBSD is on my wishlist. I'll be using this box as a tahoe lafs server & openbsd support is unconclusive.

Dear Mr. Sage,

I did not appreciate the way you insulted my thread. Yes, I admit it was a little extreme and overdone. Perhaps a little more effort was needed, but honestly that all just came out of my ass. However, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean that it is(and I quote) 'a shitpost'. I'm not going to do anything like spam your thread, I just would like to share my feelings on the matter. Respond when you can. Thanks for understanding.

It's a shitpost and you fucking know it. Don't like that I called it that? Eat a bag of dicks, shitstain.

Does OP like little boys?

Does OP like gay orgies?

Server would be great!

A file server, right?

I doubt you need to use it as an e-mail client or for actual clients.

But if you wanted to do a home cloud like this user is describing: you can easily do that with just a router.

lol give it up fag

Yep, that would be a file server.

There's probably some information in the sticky about it.

Whatever you say, fag. I sure am having fun!

Huh.

What's a tahoe lafs server?

Only if they're reverse traps :^)

Is OP a raging homosexual?

Why is OP such a little bitch?

Why does OP love guzzling cum so much?

Why does OP love taking horse cock up the ass so much?

Did OP enjoy getting facefucked by his daddy as much as he loves shitposting?

How's the sex change operation going, OP?

Which do you enjoy fucking more with your needledick, OP? Screen doors, or the air hole in a basketball?

Yes

Nobody knows

He's incredibly gay

Is the back of your throat bruised from all that deepthroating?

debian here.
the open source realtek driver work fine, why should i consider using the proprietary one?
My average bandwidth is 4 Mb/s, and my download speeds are never faster than 550KB/s (also on windows, it's a limitation of my network).

Wrong thread, see

what the fuck is going on in this thread??

Only if they're older than I am :^)

No, but I am a humongous faggot :^)

It helps me keep my trap figure :^)

Like father, like son :^)

How could you tell? :^)

Swimmingly. I've always wished to be the little girl :^)

Why not both? :^)

I wouldn't know, but my father is too much of a gentleman to let that sort of thing happen. :^)

There's pretty much no reason to use the proprietary one if the open source one works fine.

I'd imagine they just had that one before they could make an open source alternative.

If the open source driver works, it's always the one you want to use.
Only install proprietary software if it's absolutely essential to make your hardware work.

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

The faggot OP from is getting incredibly analpained by the fact that people are posting in my thread!

Enjoy the butthurt.

Why would you post this here?

This thread hasn't even hit the bump limit.

You are incredibly hypocritical!

I'll be posting more :^) You think multiple threads is fun? I'll show you multiple threads.

Have fun!

I can't wait to see what you can accomplish!

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

I got an old Android phone I want to use as a DNS server to block ads on my home network
It's already rooted but has no play store
How do I do it??

Wrong thread, see

why? there have only been 80 or so replies. it hasn't hit the bump limit.

stop forcing this. stop acting like a faggot.

Tahoe-lafs is just some some software.
>Tahoe-LAFS is a Free and Open decentralized cloud storage system. It distributes your data across multiple servers. Even if some of the servers fail or are taken over by an attacker, the entire file store continues to function correctly, preserving your privacy and security.

Gonna put backups in it.

what to use to show the amount of data i used in the android status bar. i would like to have a number (e.g 469MB) there not just an icon,

thanks

OP of this thread thought it was a good idea to make a thread when the other one wasn't even close to dead so I'm doing the same.

>he made the thread slightly early so I'm going to be a gigantic autistic faggot, that will surely show everyone I have the moral high ground

He made the thread like 150 posts early, you fucking dumbass. The only reason he did it was because he didn't like the other one. Now he's saying how much fun having multiple threads are, so I'm giving the faggot assed piece of shit multiple threads.

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD

i have a 16gb kingston flash drive
when i plug it in on my win7 laptop i get the "cannot format, the drive is write protected" error
recently i tried plugging it in on my windows 98se ancient pc and suprisingly i could read its contents (but again it was write protected)

is there any way i can unlock it? i can copy files from it just fine so maybe theres a chance of it working

Usually write protection is toggled by a physical switch on the drive

If my PC has two Ethernet ports could I plug in 2 different wires and get faster speeds? One wire would only be for downloading and one would only be for uploading. Would this work?

Wrong thread, see

What is the best program to debloat/debotnet Win10? Besides famous powershell script.

Wrong thread, see

yeah but on this one there is no such switch, pic related is what it looks like

Look up link aggregation

See if windows lets you nuke it with diskpart
look up diskpart clean

i tried it and it says the media is write protected, does that mean drive is kill? and how did i acces it on my windows 98 machine then?

>
Help. Gparted fucked everything up Just like said.
What should i do now?