Battery life thread

>his mobile tracking device gets less than 10 hours of screen on time

Other urls found in this thread:

pocketnow.com/2016/03/24/moto-e-2nd-gen-lte-att-gophone-best-buy-deal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are you staring at your phone for 10 hours a day

Why are the Stop and Uninstall buttons grayed out?

>$600 phablet
>uninstalls screen

No it doesn't

hey has anyone tryed to mod the battery of an old iphone 3g?

That's a really old screenshot, 4.4.2/4.4.4.

That's old grandpa

It's actually 4.3, and I'm still running it.

zerolemon?

Stock battery

bullshit, no samsung device can get 10 hours SOT out of the box without some software mods/hardware mods (like an extended battery), give me deets and i might believe you.

>No GPS or Wifi on

Breaking news, a smartphone lasts long if you use it as a dumbphone

kek, congrats on your outdated device.

>out of the box without some software mods
Who said anything about that?

Why the fuck would I turn wifi on when I'm using 4G? Let's see your phone get more than 5 hours SOT even without wifi and GPS.

Congrats on your new battery-draining updates that don't add any features except sd-card gimping.

That's actually pretty impressive, though I suspect you have some kind of extended battery.

I'm not poor m8.

Read the thread

>people don't lie on the internet

>Let's see your phone get more than 5 hours SOT even without wifi and GPS.

I just flashed a new ROM so I haven't been able to try the battery life yet but people have been getting 8 hours SOT on Marshmallow, which is only going to get better in Nougat with the improved Doze mode. Enjoy your gimped phone with outdated software, famalam

If I had an extended battery, I wouldn't be able to fit my qi charging tag to the inside back of the phone.

>no ur gimped, I can maybe hypothetically get a slightly larger fraction of your battery life than you expected I could!
Alright man

>You can't get more than 5 hours SOT on your phone
>Yes I can, and my phone has infinitely more features than yours have
>W-w-well you're ugly! And you smell!

This is what being poor does to your brain, people

>infinitely more features
Except it doesn't. You have reduced sd card access and reduced permission control by default, with no actual new features worth a shit

>Reduced permission control
>On Marshmallow based Cyanogenmod

What the fuck are you talking about?

>new versions of Android have infinitely more features than old ones!
>look I installed a custom rom to get back basic features that the updates took away! Please don't notice that I failed to list any of the actually new features that I'm vaguely trying to justify my poor battery life with.

How can one person be so desperate yet so utterly incapable of defending their shiny new toy?

You do know that permission control is a stock feature in Marshmallow, right? Do you even know what Cyanogenmod is?

>Congrats on your new battery-draining updates that don't add any features except sd-card gimping.
You might have battery but you're like 3 years behind on security patches. I shudder to think of it.

> Congrats on your new battery-draining updates that don't add any features except sd-card gimping.

I agree with this. My new 5.x.x phone doesn't last as long as my old 4.x.x phone in spite of the battery being bigger.

> google play services
> android os
> android system

It's no stretch for me to say that 4.x.x was better in every single way.

>you're like 3 years behind on security patches
So he's like 95% of all android users?

I get at best 4 hours of SOT with my stock Nexus 5x. I have GPS and WiFi on though. Have to use WiFi since i'm on Project Fi and data is retardedly expensive.

>95%
Its more like 25%

>more than half of android devices are using an OS that's two major versions old
wew

I'm guilty of using Jelly Bean - ROMs are buggy.

Redmi note 3 pro, official CM13 with Radon & Xposed (and KLWP), no greenify though since I hate all my apps reloading.

Pic related was taken when 63% left.

$29 moto e 2nd gen

>tfw Nexus 5

screen on time is meaningless if we don't know what you're actually doing. 10h looking at your homescreen? or 10h playing pokemon go? minimum brightness? maximum brightness?

Bullshit.

Moto e is more expensive than that

pocketnow.com/2016/03/24/moto-e-2nd-gen-lte-att-gophone-best-buy-deal