Redpill me on iPhone

Here's my case for iPhone being the superior device for 2017

Since Google is such a questionable company these days, and since Google services are baked into android phones out of box (barring root, F-Droid, and other manual solutions for the moment), new android devices are essentially just windows into the lives of users for Google use.

The iOS kernel has been opened for public review in iOS 10, which will help vulnerabilities to be noticed and patched sooner. This brings Apple much more transparency.

Out of the box, iPhones are encrypted, and have excellent baked-in security as detailed at black hat: iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/16/08/09/apples-security-measures-in-ios-detailed-at-black-hat-conference
While android continues to struggle with security due to there being so many different devices, update schedules, carrier update control, and ease of malicious app install.

All of that said: putting in the time and effort to run an android phone without any Google services, F-Droid as your only app store, and your device and storage encrypted can still be considered a better option, but lacks update frequency and ease of use. It is my belief that a phone should solve the problem that you take it out of your pocket for as quickly and effortlessly as possible, while still protecting your security and privacy.

Anyone up for debate? I'm posting from a Galaxy S6 and planning to upgrade to the iPhone 7 this fall.

Other urls found in this thread:

cvedetails.com/product/15556/Apple-Iphone-Os.html?vendor_id=49
youtube.com/watch?v=jxCRWwUm1lo
forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6s-and-6s-plus-lag-and-freeze-poll.1921346/
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/04/blackberrys_glo.html
theverge.com/2016/4/14/11434926/blackberry-encryption-master-key-broken-canada-rcmp-surveillance
theregister.co.uk/2012/08/02/rim_keys_india/
bgr.com/2015/12/17/blackberry-apple-iphone-encryption/
digitaltrends.com/mobile/blackberry-ceo-apple-encryption/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Sup Forums
>redpill thread

if only

i'll give shot tho

women use it almost exclusively

>apple is getting to be more like a jail everyday why don't you buy it mates

see pic related

I actually own one of these shitbirds, ama

Smartphones are tools for you to get shit done that you need. All apps exist for iOS first if not better versions for it. And you get a total package of performance camera and sleek device for $400.

If you are better served by something cheaper with android then get it. This debate has been over for a long time.

Fuck off shill. Both iOS and Android are shit when it comes to security and privacy, the main difference is that with the latter you can at least avoid most of Google's botnet at the expense of convenience by using open alternatives. That's all there's to it.

iOS had over 200 code execution vulnerabilities in 2015 alone: cvedetails.com/product/15556/Apple-Iphone-Os.html?vendor_id=49

Are we being raided by marketers or what? iPhones cost way more than $400 and have inferior cameras to high-end Android phones than cost less.

>Trying to justify a purchase this hard
>Trying to justify paying to be google's product

youtube.com/watch?v=jxCRWwUm1lo

when did iphones cost $400

Spotted the iPoor.

>american contracts
kek wtf i thought ameridumbs were above the average retarded limit

No, we're pretty retarded here in Burgerstan.

Your reading comprehension is shit, mate. I think Google is an evil company and people should avoid being tracked by them. Which is something you can more or less achieve with some Android phones, whereas with Apple you're tightly tied to the botnet forever.

I'll put it in terms your retarded shill brain can understand: APPLE IS SHIT. GOOGLE IS SHIT. Most people who buy expensive smartphones are stupid and paying premium for their own surveillance. Now kill yourself.

>mate

europoor detected, tl;dr

are you retarded or a newfag?
pic also semi related.

Whatever I am, it seems to really rile you up.

1GB on IOS is like 3GB on android.

>dat refinement
>dat smoothness

It's shit.

forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6s-and-6s-plus-lag-and-freeze-poll.1921346/

kill yourself shill

10/10

underrated post

stop bumping your own thread, shill

why haven't you killed yourself yet?

iKEKS BTFO

I've used many Android phones over the years (HTC G2, Note, Note II, Note 3, Note 4, LG G3, LG V10, HTC One M8, etc.) and I love Android but it's typically a piece of shit. iPhones are probably the most well-balanced phone you can buy, other than maybe newer Samsung phones. They have good cameras, good audio quality, good battery life, amazing (though pretty locked down) software. If you're not gonna do anything super nerdy on your phone I see no reason to not buy an iPhone.

It's true though.

With that said, I would still like to see RAM quantities on par with flagship Android devices, so that the iOS optimization is 100% undeniably obvious even to wann-be-neckbeards who use Android and Windows because APPLE IS BAD OVERPRICED DOESNT LET YOU CUSTOMIZE, TECHNOLOGY IS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES AND RICING

If you're not gonna do anything on your phone I see no reason to buy an iPhone.

See? This is what consumershit and normiephone discussion brings to Sup Forums: marketers and shills.

>sluts use it almost exclusively
Fix'd

I said nerdy, like complex apps, rooting, command-line type shit, etc. If you're just gonna take photos and listen to spotify and want a nice phone that just works and will probably still be usable in 2-3 years then an iPhone is the way to go, most Android phones are completely outdated and recieve no software updates after 2 years, yet my friends iPhone 5 which came out in 2012 runs quicker than my LG V10. But there are reasons I stick with Android phones.

>usable in 2-3 years
>iPhone

gr8 b8 m8

I'm literally on your side too, I don't use iPhones but blindly saying their shit is fucking stupid. Do some research, try one out quit being a fucking Sup Forums drone and make your own opinions.

>Do some research
Irony.

>research
>Shitty click-bait site

>if i don't agree with facts it's clickbait

>t. lagPhone shill

epic Sup Forums meme dude

The epicest Sup Forums meme is OP using "redpill" unironically like he literally just watched Matrix last night.

Pro-tip: no one sane cares about your privacy paranoias when buying a phone

This ia shill thread. Look at the numbers of posts and IPs (and the content and tone of the posts). It's no use trying to discuss with him. Just let the thread die.

>overpriced

You pay for quality

>no mSD slot

Who cares?

>shit res screen

Nope

>shit camera

Nope

>shit battery life

Nope

>shit mobile OS

Nope

>no native file browser

Who cares?

>can't use phone as a flash drive

Who cares? It's a phone

>have to use lagtunes to access one

I'll give you that

>can't share files other than photos/videos over wifi

Who cares?

>can't share jack shit over bluetooth

You can live without this "used once a year" feature I am sure

>no back button

Good. Swiping is better

>shit multi-tasking

Who cares? It's a phone, silly

>less apps

Better quality and more current/secure etc.

>encryption is full of backdoors

Nope

Android is ok when you're poor and immature using it for: ricing for fun, sharing files like a good criminal and generally acting like a cYboR haCK3r with your redundant file browser and cli on a phone. Once you graduate to grown-up, non-neet status you get a comfy iPhone.

>You pay for quality
nope

>>no mSD slot
>Who cares?
Most people do.

>>shit res screen
>Nope
It's true, iPhones still use super low res displays from the 90s.

>>shit camera
>Nope
It's true, all professional photographers reach for their Galaxy or Sony Smartphone when they don't have their DSLR with them.

>>shit battery life
>Nope
It's true, shit battery life is pretty much expected with iPhones which is why external batteries are so popular amongst iPhone users.

>>shit mobile OS
>Nope
It's true, iOS is one of the most unusable mobile operating systems to date. Ut's only slightly better than the Windows Mobile OS.

>>no native file browser
>Who cares?
Most people do.

>>can't use phone as a flash drive
>Who cares? It's a phone
Most people do.

>>can't share files other than photos/videos over wifi
>Who cares?
Most people do.

>>can't share jack shit over bluetooth
>You can live without this "used once a year" feature I am sure
True but it's a nice feature to have just in case that most people want.

>>no back button
>Good. Swiping is better.
Nope

>>shit multi-tasking
>Who cares? It's a phone, silly
Most people do.

>>less apps
>Better quality and more current/secure etc.
Nope

>>encryption is full of backdoors
>Nope
See pic related.

Sony's mobile cameras while technically impressive have horrible post-processing and 0 manual controls.

Actual retard

- No microSD slot is a big deal with the low amount of storage iPhones have (and you want more, you have to pay a ridiculous amount).
- iPhone screen has literally objectively a lower pixel density than much cheaper Android phones. This is a fact, you can't argue against numbers.
- Camera is worse or at, best, equal to cheaper phones like the S7, 6P or the OP3.
- Battery life is not very good: gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
- iOS is not a good OS, it's very bad security-wise. Haven't you seen the CVE link posted earlier? A good OS is secure. It's also locked down and lacks basic customizability.
- No native file browser is stupid.
- Not being able to use a phone as a flash drive is stupid.
- iTunes is fucking shit and that alone is a big drawback.
- Limited sharing is bad.
- Limited multitalking is bad.
- Fewer apps is bad. No, they are not more "current or secure".
- Encryption is so good the FBI can break it without Apple's help (that we know).

>>You pay for quality
>nope

Yup

>>no mSD slot
>Who cares?
>Most people do.

You mean poorfags do

>>shit res screen
>Nope
>It's true, iPhones still use super low res displays from the 90s.

Retina is industry leading; the rest follow

>>shit camera
>Nope
>It's true, all professional photographers reach for their Galaxy or Sony Smartphone

It's false. All professional photographers reach for their iPhone when they don't have their DSLR with them.

>>shit battery life
>Nope
>It's true, shit battery life is pretty much expected with iPhones

It's false, shit battery life is pretty much expected with Android garbage which is why needing the ability to swap batteries is popular amongst Android poorfag users.

>>shit mobile OS
>Nope
>It's true, iOS is one of the most unusable mobile operating systems to date. Ut's only slightly better than the Windows Mobile OS.

It's false, iOS is one of the most usable and secure mobile operating systems to date. Android only slightly better than the Windows Mobile OS.

>>no native file browser
>Who cares?
>Most people do.

If you're a l33t cYboR haCK3r I guess.

>>can't use phone as a flash drive
>Who cares? It's a phone
>Most people do.

>>can't share files other than photos/videos over wifi
>Who cares?
>Most people do.

>>can't share jack shit over bluetooth
>You can live without this "used once a year" feature I am sure
>True but it's a nice feature to have just in case that most people want.

Most people just want the developer to focus on superb usability and security instead of niche features.

>>no back button
>Good. Swiping is better.
>Nope

Yup

>>shit multi-tasking
>Who cares? It's a phone, silly
>Most people do.

iPhone outperforms Android even in this field.

>>less apps
>Better quality and more current/secure etc.
>Nope

Yup

>>encryption is full of backdoors
>Nope
>See pic related.

See pic related.

>who cares for nearly every response
you're literally retarded kid, is Sup Forums not blocked on your middle school network?

Blackberry absolutely does have backdoors.

schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/04/blackberrys_glo.html

theverge.com/2016/4/14/11434926/blackberry-encryption-master-key-broken-canada-rcmp-surveillance

theregister.co.uk/2012/08/02/rim_keys_india/

Complete opposite to Apple on security/privacy:

bgr.com/2015/12/17/blackberry-apple-iphone-encryption/

digitaltrends.com/mobile/blackberry-ceo-apple-encryption/

Poor mad little poorfag.

>poorfag
stop your shitposting you don't even have good b8, homeroom starts soon

>- No microSD slot is a big deal with the low amount of storage iPhones have (and you want more, you have to pay a ridiculous amount).
I'll give you that, having to deal with seperate storage locations is just so not Apple. I personally have no issues paying a buck a month for 50GB of storage for all my photos, videos and files that sync pretty nicely. All my music's in Apple Music.
>- iPhone screen has literally objectively a lower pixel density than much cheaper Android phones. This is a fact, you can't argue against numbers.
Sure, but seriously, who gives a shit. Higher res means higher battery usage and it's just not needed on a phone optimised for use at about a foot away. This
>- Camera is worse or at, best, equal to cheaper phones like the S7, 6P or the OP3.
Maybe, but the software making the camera easy to use means everything. No-one else does it as well.
>- Battery life is not very good: gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
Lasts all day. That's all that matters for 99% of users
>(Everything after this)
You're not even trying now

>maaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd

Who the fuck said anything about security and privacy? Nothing that is connected to the internet 24/7 is secure or private, you should use them just like you would a public terminal.

and in case you don't know, iphone se costs $399 and it is considered to be one of the best camera phones in the market according to dxo.

>one of the best camera phones
It's camera is mediocre at best and hides that using software which makes pictures look pretty

really makes u think