Should I upgrade from 4690k/DDR3 to a 6600k/6700k/DDR4 for gaming Sup Forums?

Should I upgrade from 4690k/DDR3 to a 6600k/6700k/DDR4 for gaming Sup Forums?

You should stop playing video games, go outside, and get some real friends. It's not too late to change your hikikomori ways!

This.

Or just fuck off to Sup Forums, I don't care.

No. Instead use that money for 1080. If you already have it, there is no point in buying the newer generation. Performance gain from ddr3 to ddr4 is so minor it's insignificant. The biggest gain you can get is going from i5 to i7 but 4790k would suffice as you wouldn't have to replace your mobo and memory. But still, in most game the gain is negligible.

I have a 1070, pretty happy with that

what res and refresh rate are you playing at?

If you are on 1080p or 1200p(16:10) it's fine. Of course if you feel the itch to be on the newest just pull the trigger.

1440x900
30hz

1080/60Hz, don't play a lot of FPS games so don't need anything higher and don't mind 1080p

nig

no it's not even really an upgrade, even if you really want to throw money at something then just wait a while and go for a 1080 ti or 1180 then you'll actually get some improvement

kys

This, it isn't worth it.

Can a 1070 hold up on a 2560x1440 display above 60hz? With less than max game settings maybe?
Debating on a 1070 for first desktop and upgrading in a few years, maybe sli or a new card then, but at that point I actually might have a clue what I'm talking about

Get a clue what you're talking about before you buy anything. Don't act dumb.

with g-sync you're golden

Continue lurking until black friday, got it

Pls

Then don't mess with anything because it wont be anywhere near worth it.

ya if ur a fucking retard who loves to waste his money.

o shit
bonus points for creativity

I want to believe

In order:

1: Get a 1080
2: Get a M.2 PCIe SSD
3: Get a 7th gen core

2 is not worth it if you have to buy a new motherboard for it.

3 is not worth it; you'll enjoy yourself more putting the money towards high-end hookers.

while youre at it give me the best performance this post can get x100

just to be sure :|

fu

>not NVMe

quite projecting sperg

Fu

you()

here's your (you)

Not tonight

ayy

i had my 4690k @ 5.0ghz stable on water & 8gb ddr3 @ 2133mhz
i decided i wanted to stream my content, and perhaps run a VM for reasons.
i upgraded to a 6700k, and left it at 4.0ghz stock & 16gb ddr4 3000mhz
since having done that, i have never had any FPS issues, either on my 144hz 1080p nor my 21:9 75hz display
the liquid cooling keeps it at 51C max fully loaded, and i'm quite happy with the purchase
in terms of "max possible fps" i think the 4690k @ 5.0ghz would have a higher ceiling, but since the 6700k @ 4.0ghz is plenty capable of the 144hz of my display anyway (coupled with the GPU, obviously) there's really no reason for me to complain

i can't say i recommend the upgrade strictly for gaming, but i can't say i don't recommend buying the best you can afford, either.

hope this helps

nope

>POP.gif
fugg

actually concerned

fine

sauce???

Fog

wait longer, cpu tech is slow to advance, another couple gens atleast

cant risk it

>upgrade
>gaming
>4690k to a 6600k
Holy fuck gamers are dumbfucks

pls no

Ordinary day in China.

Yes. If you're using the Intel. GPU. Sage for general retardation.