Buy a G4 after being told it's great

>Buy a G4 after being told it's great
>Spent a whole lot of money on it
>Turns out the battery life fucking sucks
>Overheats constantly
>Now it's bricked because of a "known boot loop problem"

Please, everyone, do not buy an LG phone. They're fucking shit. Fuck.

Iphones sorry bro

My G4 is fine. If you don't like the battery life you can always buy a bigger battery.

I have an lg g4 on tmobile as well
Theres a "compatibility patch" update that wont go away unless i update. Should i do it? Battery life a shit and very laggy unless in power saver mode

More about the phone

>Wahhh my phone broke therefore this entire phone model and company sucks :(((((((

>He fell for the LG meme
>Not owning a vastly superior GS6/GS7

lg had a couple good phones
seems like you installed shit power sucking apps
and don't have control over the stock apps preventing you from enjoyin g longlasting battery life.

here's a tip, get a custom kernel and underclock/undervolt. also find a network/signal that is strongest to the areas you use your phone. stronger the signal less battery wasted.

Lg g2 was amazing. Had 2 years stock until slowed down, then another year blisspop until I smashed phone.

Now on nexus 6p

Do it, it corrected the issue for me

Yeah. I owned a G2X. I've been telling people not to buy LG for YEARS

A tier taste.

Im gonna trust you user

Same thing. Now my carrier wants my g4. Told em to fuck off and went back to my s5.

I hear you man. I bought the G4 because I really liked my old G2 and figured the G4 will be better. Ended up buying a spare battery to deal with the shit battery life.
Phone overheats like crazy when doing the simplest tasks like texting.
And recently my phone did indeed brick itself with that boot loop problem.
Fortunately I am still within the 1 year warranty and as soon as i walked in the store to have them fix it, the employee there immediately guessed the problem before I told him.
Turns out it's an extremely common problem with the G4.
Still a better phone than every garbage Samsung I've ever had

the g4 bootloop thing is actually pretty wide-spread. that part is true. My GF's phone had it happen and it needed to be factory replaced (took 3 days or so once I sent it in).

However. the phone itself is great. If you're getting bad battery life, you need to learn what deep sleep is and how to get 95%+ of it. You shouldn't lose more then .2% battery an hour if you know what you're doing.

Actual use gets about 8 hours of SOT which proper usage (read: not gaming)

is this bait?

I've had two g4s and both never overheat, have great battery life, and run smoothly

>2
You are lying, why would you have two

if the phone is overheating when you're not taxing it, something is keeping it awake constantly. Learn how to use your phone.

Factory reset it and don't install any applications. I guarantee that it wont heat up during texting. After that, it's on you to find out what's fucking with your phone.

>Bought G4 used from used phone store in worst korea
>Use for about a month, goat phone
>Bricks itself one day
>Check warranty
>15 days left
>Bring it to LG repair, same day
>They fix it in 30min for free
Wew lad

>also have G4
>liked it for about 5 seconds until I realized how slow it was vs. my Nexus 5 it replaced
>camera slow as fuck if it's not perfectly bright out
>Snapchat literally 5fps when trying to film video
>Pokemon GO barely works
I hate this phone. I've reset it twice, and the first time, despite setting up LG backup, it didn't save any of my info, so I had to re-enter contacts

why would you not save your contacts to your google account. You're just asking for it.

>LG is the only company that still has expandable storage and removable batteries on their phones
>Their battery life isn't great (but I can just switch to a fully charged battery in a minute)
>They have some screen bleeding issues
Why isn't there a perfect phone in 2016

Burner phone.

iPhone mate

>why would you not save your contacts to your google account
I thought they were. they are now, though

either way, I don't like this phone, other than the actual camera quality and the screen, but the screen is so dim I can barely use it in sunlight

Tfw I have none of those issues and I just put my contacts on Google. Must be tough being such a retard.

Stand back everyone fucking Walter White here

My redmi note 3 pro smokes your phone in every way possible except for the for the camera like the camera is pretty shit

I've had no issues with mine.

>battery life fucking sucks
That's your own fault.

Lg g4 is a shit phone m8

lol

>Chinkshit

When I got my G4 from Verizon they took my current phone from me. I thought they were just going to take the SIM card out for me but they ended up using their Verizonigger tools to copy all the old shit I didn't want onto my new phone for me (how nice).

I laughed internally when I realized they probably saw the pics of my taint and asshole I had taken the day before

I got a model made in India
I mean the phone is pretty nice

>after being told it's great

By whom? Most people here know the new processor is not as efficient as the Snapdragon 400, which we have in our Moto G 1st gen.

The snapdragon 650 is pretty neat desu

I would like to contribute -

Do NOT buy a Samsung anything.

This is your last warning

>Buy G5
>Never believed none of the shit it got
>Phone was actually pretty damn great
>Wide angle camera godlike
>One day it reboots and fucking dies
>Get another one through warranty
>This one dies 3 months later
I just gave up and got an S7 edge

if the v10 was not available on sprint, should I have any hope for the v20?

man fuck sprint.

>buying anything but samsung
never settle

i have one, it overheats but not to a point where excessive battery is drained nor shutsdown
also no bootloop issues

The touchshiz is so bad that the s7 also lags because of it

Yea, the battery life is fucking shit on the default rom, I'm not sure how people are getting a better life span and the heat problem can suck without a case for it.

Also, I had the exact same problem with the boot loop.
Shit fucking sucks, but Verizon was amazing at getting me a new one the next day, free of charge.

Can anyone recommend an Android with a good battery?

See the speed tests between the g4 and redmi note 3 pro

I have a G4 as well. It's a really large phone and the camera is seriously amazing. No problems thus far but I have my old Motorola X to go back to if it bricks.

The only thing I agree with is the battery life. It doesn't even last a day.

>Now it's bricked because of a "known boot loop problem"

ahahahahhahaha good thing you don't own v10 and g5, those thing have bootloop too just psa.

You forgot the burn-in.

>Fell for the V10 meme back in October
>Use my phone yesterday, everything fine
>Suddenly I go to bed and it's stuck in a bootloop
>Tried to hard reset, can't even get through due to bootloop overriding the process

How the fuck can LG get away with shit like this?

Just need to replace the battery (or give it some shock, idk never trusted this option), and it will be fine, it's an issue that happens since the G3

Did you laugh that they probably saw your microbenis too?

Praying to God my v10 doesn't die
At least I can hold out till the next nexus

LG build quality went to shit with the G3. Actually the G2 was plasticy and had problems too.

I have 2 backup batteries, none of them work

hi nick

>do not buy an LG phone. They're fucking shit
My broken G3 is 10x better than my Samsung Galaxy S7.

What I read.
>be poor and spend $200 on a used previous generation phone
> don't check if the model was one of the early models that had overheating and boot loop issues that were replaced free of charge
> complain about my stupidity to product sponge cunts on a Taiwanese Fish Mongering forum

Sounds like you deserve it OP.

Its just a security patch level update too June 2016. Check root methods first.

Shut the fuck up Jimmy before I fucking find you and rape your boipucci x3

LG is best. G3!

Damn son

only indians and hyundai buyers get samsung phones

bought an LG G4 when price dropped.
CM13 with only Signal in the background apps. Battery life is 2-3 days.
There is only the overheating issue after heavy cpu usage.
Other than that love the phone.

Underated

Is the Nexus 6p a good upgrade on it? I want to avoid LG wherever I can from this point on.

I liked it at first but my heavy GPS usage in the car makes it overheat a lot in the daytime. Also had to get it replaced because of the bootloop error.

I had zero issues with my S4 when it was the latest phone so I'm getting the Note 7 with that free 256GB SD card. Don't wanna deal with that bootloop error again because they didn't even replace my old one with a newer version of the G4.

My favorite thing about my G4 is the tap to wake. I fucking love it. Cant remember the last time I actually used my power button. Why isn't this a standard android feature? It's so convenient.

My G3 is fine

It's why I bought a OnePlus 3. I can enable it in the stock software.

The LG G4 is a great phone but it was too buggy for me. List of problems I had:

>stuck notification lights
>sometimes after a call the phone would get stuck on the in-call menu which forces me to restart the phone
>GPS signal dropped frequently
>aggressive thermal throttling that makes the phone super choppy
>touch screen would sometimes be unresponsive, sometimes it would outright ignore the double tap to wake, and yes the proximity sensor wasn't blocked

funny, i've been using my LG G4 since november with absolutely none of those problems. my battery life is great, and it hasn't overheated once.

the *only* complaint i have is that it's not possible to unlock the bootloader on the sprint verssion so i'm stuck with a rooted stock rom.

Don't bitch about simple problems if you didn't even research what issues the phone had before buying it. If it weren't for my G2's digitizer going out on me and hearing other stories about other LG devices I would happily own another LG phone.

tldr you're a retard for not researching phone issues before buying and LG phones have shit build quality

My Lenovo K4 Note does this too, but never used, got so used to using the fingerprint scanner to unlock/turn the screen on

>Bought LG G4 last year
>Already gone through 3 of them in less than a year

Currently saving money for a Moto X. I've never experienced something like this before

Yup, I'm about to get my third too. Shame, really. Love the phone, but the bootloop issues...
Ordered a Redmi Note 3 Pro as replacement/temp phone while I send my G4 in every 4 months.

Tfw imported a G2 from worst korea like 3 years ago. Best phone ever, still working without any issues and I've dropped it a few times.

Still stock because now I'm too lazy to mess with rom shit, so i just manually debloated the fucker. The battery doesn't last 4 days anymore tho, still it lasts a whole day using wifi, calling and 30% brightness.

Only shitty thing about this model, its the fucking horrible audio latency, can't properly enjoy rhythm games.

Would buy again.

Yeah, he'll absolutely love the 0 hours of screen time he's going to get with that giant 6000 mAh battery.

There is. There are 3 in fact. GS7, GS7 Edge, and Note 7.

If you're poor fag, there's the OnePlus3 and the axxon 7

If you're a fag in general, there's always the iPhone.

LG G4 with a Taiwanese serial number here, 815, still alive. Bought it in December last year.
it seems that most of the Bootlooping G4s are the ones with VS906, 810, 811.

When's Android N? it's already confirmed for V20.

Thanks LG or Apple shill.

$0.10 have been deposited into your iTunes account

Just bought a g4 for 100$ was it worth it

I've had my g2 for 2 years now. Running cloudy g2 for over a year. Phone is starting to show some age but it's a pretty quality phone. Lg has only gone downhill since the g2 IMO

>anything LG that isn't an lcd panel

nah.

Bought two (one for sis, one for company worker), they both work superb. Sis is always on her phone, and she praised battery life.
OP is bait, or part of samsung's paid posting team.

I have a G4 and the only problem was the battery life. Got an extended battery case and now I have zero problems. Phone easily lasts 2-3 days with heavy usage and gaming.

soon dude, bootloop it's factory fault, sell it quick before something happened.

Works 4 me ;^)

>get honor 5x free with contract
>incredibly low expectation, shit chink phone
>5.5" 1080p, 8 cores, 2gb ram
>nice upgrade from old s3
>it does what i want, lurking, texts, calls and youtube
>battery lasts for 3-5 days

>bloatware model g4
wewlad
still feeling like a fresh boy with the Unlocked stock US991 G4

Idk I have been using mine close to a year and I love it in every way compared to my nexus 5 except software is kind of shit.

Unfortunately I have a model where unlocking the bootloader isn't supported so I'm kind of shit out of luck :(

You're doomed like the others. The boot loop will happen, it's just a matter of when.

Man that sucks ass. It's a really good phone, too.

Where else am I supposed to get a removable battery and sd card?

Maybe if Google gets their shit together, I'll sell it and buy the next Nexus.

>>Now it's bricked because of a "known boot loop problem"
>not doing research
>the bootloop problem is described in a milion places on the Internet
When did you buy? RMA it.
>Overheats constantly
What do you do for it to overheat. I'm playing games and watching videos and it's fine.
>Turns out the battery life fucking sucks
Buy an extended battery or second regular battery.

It's possible it was bought before they acknowledged the boot loop problem.

>bootloop problem didn't start happening until sometime this year on large scale
>WOW WHY DIDN'T YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH

fucking retard.

Don't listen to OP. I'm on my second LG G2 because I simply can't find a better phone on the market.
G4 looks pretty good though, friendo has one and he loves, no complaints other than he prefers the G2s size

He'll change his tune when it bricks

z5 compact or xiaomi mi5

I've had my LG V10 for about 2 months now (Bought for $200 used)
It's slow and has doesn't have best battery life...
But the camera w/ manual controls and RAW/.dng support is fucking good.
The audio quality is fucking crazy good too, better than even my HTC One M8 was, thanks to an ESS Sabre ES9018 DAC and ESS9602 amp, stupidly loud too.
The LCD is terrible though.
The phone is a huge mixed bag, but the camera and Audio quality make up for it, at least for me.

>vastly superior
>touchwizz