Do Sup Forumsentoomen have experience in making robots?

Do Sup Forumsentoomen have experience in making robots?

yes actually

I don't. Where can I start?

Yes.

Get a small embedded system and go from there, something that handles inputs/outputs like an Audrino. From there you can hook up small servo motors and other gizmos and do some programming.

I built an ASURO kit.was cool to mess around with. Might reprogram it. Right now it just receives commands through IR IIRC.

Whoops, Arduino

>get arduino

I want to make robots too.

bump

Yeah, I've done a robocamp for young kids for like 3 years now + after school stuff.

What's wrong with arduinos?

Nothing. He's just mad that kids half his age are more creative with their arduinos than his.

Yes, I did FIRST Robotics Competition and Vex in high school with my robotics club. Thinking about volunteering with some kind of kids STEM camp or something

This. I was the lead programmer for my FIRST robotics team. Even though we were shit it was actually fairly easy to program basic functionality like remote control and autonomous code. The API took care of all of the complicated parts and you just controlled the motors and other bits using their prebuilt functions.

only mindstorms and whatever they call mindstorms now.

I still don't understand why there isn't a rPi tamagotchi or some shit. All minirobots out there are just gay remote controlled almost-drones and shit

DAMN IT PEOPLE WE WERE DOING IT IN THE 90s

And we have self-charging robots already

WHERE'S MY 50 BUCK ROBOHAMSTER GOD DAMN IT

I'm working on a robot like pic related. Very early stages.

Go to /diy/ if you actually care about this stuff

this board is shit

my n666a
it's called mindstorms EV3 now
used to come home from middle school and build a new robot nearly every day

that was my first exposure to programming. I had a book which started off with the drag and drop and designing a few different kinds of robots and then completely lost me once it got into Not Quite C and pbFORTH and legOS. Man now that I actually kinda know what I'm doing I feel like I should go back and play with this stuff again and see how much more I can do.

I didn't know these were things. Then again I'm in my early 30s so I've been out of school for awhile. How popular are the programs?