Hey Sup Forums what's so great about Thinkpads?

Hey Sup Forums what's so great about Thinkpads?

>muh l33t hax0r anti-chicket, counter-trend keyboard

I like my t420 since it is durable, has easily-serviceable parts, and a lot of Linux support. I really have no complaints besides the CD drive being touchy in terms of ejecting

But that's just my opinion.

Sup Forums likes memes, so naturally they will get a meme laptop.
The sensible choice is of course a macbook pro.

>memebook pro

>poorfag deluxe

Lenovo has a lot of contracts setup with large corporations/businesses. Once Lenovo ships out a new batch of Thinkpads to their corporate clients the old ones go out on the market for very cheap. Cheap = good on Sup Forums

they're designed for the business sector instead of the facebook user sector
that means they're built to be durable, recoverable, and maintainable

buying one new is not viable due to their cost
they're meant to be purchases written off during the cost of doing business, not cheap luxury furniture items

buying a used thinkpad is a good idea because of their reliability, inexpensive cost due to being dumped thousands of units at a time during business refresh cycles, and continued user serviceability

dell precision laptops, and hp's elitebooks, are also similar products, meant for business, meant to survive accidents, and meant to be devices that can be troubleshooted without bringing them to the manufacturer

Old ones could be upgraded
Excellent keyboards

If you're talking about the classic "Thinkpads", they're the Simpsons Seasons 1-9 of Sup Forums

literally perfect in almost every way

What's the best used Thinkpad to buy that's not a t420?

I'm honestly looking for a good trackpad too even though I'm not sure if they exist off of the XPS line of laptops.

A friend of mine has a t420and my only gripes are the trackpad and screen aside from peoples usual gripes about Thinkpads (looks, nipple, weight etc...)

there's fucktons of them used but in great condition because businesses would hand them out to employees then get rid of them when newer laptops came along

lots of replacement parts, easy to service

older ones are built well, newer ones aren't as good but are still a bit better than other laptops on the market

also, based trackpoints

a l520 will also do you good

the L series is more of a eco-friendly modernization attempt at the thinkpad

>the CD drive being touchy in terms of ejecting
holy fucking shit understatement of the year

I tap on top of where it is lightly and the fucker comes out, but then it won't come out when I actually want to use it

Other than that I really like the laptop though

>L series
T, W, R, or go the fuck home

hey, atleast the l520 has the fucking classic keyboard though, making it an instant win

*more expensive and lower quality

just let the guy fucking get a X500, L is not worth any shit even if it bears the last sign of greatfulness from Lenovo

woops, fuck
>X220*

ALL

trying to find a good laptop

best one under 450?
speed, not gaming

nothing, the chinese government loves them

please. help

two fans. no vents... gg

Man this is such low quality bait.

Notice how the parts in the thinkpad can be easily replaced, whereas you will literally be paying a thousand dollars because your power button broke on your memebook.

My T520 Started performing really badly, stuttering, crashing programs, taking ages to do anything. I pulled the whole thing apart, changed thermal paste, cleaned the fans etc. Thing ran ~20C cooler but was still fucking up.

After a week or 2 of pulling my hair out it just seemed to go away and now it runs great.

Based Thinkpad.

What other laptops besides Thinkpads does Sup Forums recommend for Linux use?

Dell Latitude and maybe HP Zbook/Elitebook
And extremely rare would be Toshiba Portege

Faggot mode would be Macbook Pro but Macbooks support Linux

>like thinkpads because they look nice and all
>don't want an old one because a like running a fuck load of things and some vidya games

What do?
I've had a T540P for a while and while its great and the chiclet keyboard is actually fine it's a bit too big, I want to replace it a smaller 14 inch one. Is the T460p worth it at all?

I replaced the shit trackpad myself so it's no longer an issue

The newer ones look good and are really upgradeable but take care if one of the parts have defects

Plus, if you get a new one with Win 10 Pro, you can downgrade it

In a few words: it's your money and administrate the money well

What are some affordable laptops that don't have a shit keyboard that isn't a Thinkpad?

yeah but, what does it do?

false

Where do you buy the used thinkpads anyway? How often do they come out of companies?