Who /rx480nitro/ here?

Who /rx480nitro/ here?

Newegg had the 8GB sapphire version in stock for nearly 5 hours today.

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_rx_480_gaming_x_review,35.html
guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-radeon-rx-470-gaming-x-8gb-review,1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YF-EEkcbFVY
kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/sapphire-rx-470-nitro-oc-4gb-review/28/
youtube.com/watch?v=AzI96SSsVDM
youtube.com/watch?v=pkDvS13Tq1s
techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/RX_480_Gaming_X/8.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

which one should I get, the regular nitro or the OC version??

OC is only $10 more, but the overclock doesn't seem that significant.

I was planning to just stick with the regular version but I accidentally bought the OC version. Oh well, too late now.

The difference is that you can buy the non-OC and OC it your self. The card is identical. Just google the best OC settings.

Random Image

>not using a Titan Pascal

>being cucked

fuck off fanboys

>fuck you

>1060's going for literally 10$ more
>buying into the more ram meme
>even Sup Forums's own logical incriments shows the 1060 outperformaning everything by 5 FPS minimum and upwards to 15 FPS more in every game

rx480 does more tflops though, which means it'll be better in long run

>paying real money at a cash register or via online portal
>receiving anything created by AMD in return
you sure done fucked yourself

More vram allows it to last longer in terms of performing intensive tasks. Applications and games are constantly using more and more RAM because it's relatively inexpensive

nvidiots are so used to their drivers being gimped after one generation that they have been cucked into buying the newest nvidia card as soon as its released just to have decent performance.

Trying to buy 15 for these for mining but no where sells them. shit sucks.

>he didn't get EKWB's custom WB for stock 480
maximum overpleb

>almost as loud as reference card
>fucking hot as hell
>uses more power than 1080

Why didnt you get a msi or asus 480?

OC version is better because the chip is binned. It will likely clock even higher.

Got the xfx

asus xfx rx 470 here. feels good man.

>trust AMD to make drivers
>muh tflops
>Across the architecture Nvidia gets more out of their cards with much lower theoretical performance

Kek

waiting for something reasonably nicer than my classy 980ti

wish amd's gpus would pick up

My buddy bought 60 of them for mining. He's a small time nobody miner so I imagine the larger mining operations are going to keep the stock low on these for awhile.

I preordered one... and waited a month to get it... only for the delivery I was waiting on to not have enough stock to cover my order.

It's fucking ridiculous that, what, a month and a half after the card came out, you can't buy it.

I got a 1060 instead. I don't want to prop up Nvidia's monopoly, but honestly? It's so much better. Arrived next day, and GameStream lets me play all my games over 4G on my commute to work. It's just better.

I just got the 4GB version myself since I haven't upgraded my gpu since 2012, not that I do any gaming.

I'm not gaymer though, I just need a new GPU (to replace my hd5770, and I dont want shit tier hardware or use iGPU)

I'm seriously considering the MSI version since I can't find a powercolor or a sapphire anywhere. Would I be getting screwed if I did?

The MSI 480 is better

The Sapphire one is:
>almost as loud as reference card
>fucking hot as hell

>graphic cards
>"long run"

I usually keep mine for 4 years.

You must be some kind of cuck if you don't update every 2 years or less. The $250 1060 is a perfect 2 year card for the budget buyer.

I normally always buy AMD, but the total lack of stock is making me consider a 1060 or even one of the cheaper 1070s.

Still... i'm waiting a couple of months so things might change.

Tell your buddy to shoot him self in the dick.

Bitcoin is valuable.because of its limited availability. Alt coin has no inherent value.

Got the Sapphire r9 Fury instead, because those 480s may as well not exist.

Same boat here, but the 1060 is really overpriced here, and I dont really want to get the 3gb one

>You must be some kind of cuck if you don't update every 2 years or less.
ayy, good goy

I got one from overclockers.co.uk.

Then buy a r9 270 for like $100 moron

they are not sold anymore

also, I might play some games in future

480 or Fury X?

Is the 470 much worse than the 480? I see some more availability on those

its slightly worse yes. like 3% worse or some shit.

it costs the same to buy every generation as it does to buy every X generations.

Just sell your old shit and buy a new one for €XX more instead of paying €XXX again after X years.

And you have the best shit nonstop.

Having to pay almost 300 € for these shit end GPUs is fucking awful

Get a job hippy.

I paid $740 AUD for my 1070 and i'm not crying like a bitch about it.

>be gamer
>have job

nice logic there retard

Can't play games and have a job?

What sort of logic is that?

Why would anybody buy this AMD Shit?
>There's a reason this text is green

I /r9390xnitro/. Can I in?

I want to buy this, but it cost too much and is not really available in my shit country

I go for top of the line every 4 years because I use a custom loop. There are benefits to both. I personally like the lower temps (at most 40c under heavy load) instead of making my ITX case an oven with an air cooled GPU and CPU.

>tfw bought the r9 fury for 350 on amazon and they shipped It to my country

based amazon

>Bought GTX 970 new at initial release
>Didn't wait a generation to buy 980 TI/ Fury X for 350
Just fuck me up.

>still not available
>2 months after release

just let it die

Just ordered a MSI 470 yesterday because I've reached the limit of my patience. It cost the same as Sapphire OC version in my country so it was a "good" deal.

470 has more headroom to overclock, and when overclocked will perform barely worse than a 480 at average oc levels. Performance wise you won't see a big difference other than in compute tasks.

I literally just did this last week, got the 4gb model for 199, didn't see the point in paying 25% more for 8 gb. It's moreso meant to be a stepping stone card for Vega anyways. Coming from a faithful Sapphire 7950 dualx. Pretty nice upgrade for the price.

at least you didn't buy a 960 4gb literally a week before 480s were set to release

I fucking told him to wait, but noooooo

what is even the point of the 960

an OC'd 760 can match it

>shappire nitro 480
>loud
>terrible temps, throttles even with aftermarket cooler
>weak OC
>worse performance than gtx 1060
>more expensive than 1060 in yurop

there is no reason to buy 480 atm

(((logical increments)))

well you have to have syphilis in the brain if you use that rubbish site

You're in luck. The MSI model is the best one.

Where did you get it? I can't find it for less than 260

Sauce?

guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_rx_480_gaming_x_review,35.html
tl;dr best cooler/backplate and temps, DVI for people still clinging to their ancient monitors, and the best stock clock bump without the need to OC

Wrong link, but the 470 and 480 were practically made the same way
guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-radeon-rx-470-gaming-x-8gb-review,1.html

Oh god it's so ugly.
But I see my card like once every few months so I don't really give a shit, as long as it works well.

The 470 is better than the 480 after you take in account the cost

the 480 being like $50 more for like 3% more performance is a joke IMO

Why is MSI recommended for AMD but people in other threads say they're not a good pick for Nvidia?

Because those people are idiots.

MSI Twin Frozr(Gaming) cards are fantastic, The Twin Frozr cooler currently the best one on the market

People give MSI shit because there motherboards have been notoriously bad, they have stepped up there game recently

>top of the line
>RX 480

Why haven't they reviewed the Nitros yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=YF-EEkcbFVY

>Hot as fuck
>loud as fuck (Almost as loud as reference)
>using crazy power

But it is the best performing 480, not by much though

I have a Gigabyte 760, overclocked and runs at 80C. Would MSI be better for overclocking then due to the coolers? I know Gigabyte is considered good too, no idea why though.

A free gf3 ti 200 is even better taking account for the costs but you still need a certain amount of performance to suit your needs.

And that's why at the end of the day you still buy the 1060 or 1070.

The gigabyte wind force cooler is good, but its not as good as twin frozr

I used to SLI GTX 470s back in the day and even with the Windforce cooler they were still hitting 90+

buying powercolor is like saying you enjoy eating shit instead of real food

>the 480 being like $50 more for like 3% more performance is a joke IMO

The is why I mentioned talking about the cost

The 470 was kinda of a spit in the face of people who bought the 480 honestly

Also yeah, my Strix 1070 will be here in the morning. Keen to replace my reference 780

>caring about the long run when hbm2 is near

Newegg. They had the gigabyte 4gb for 199 a day before as well. Would have preferred that one, but I waited too long. I'm talking about the 470, to be sure you weren't thinking I meant the 480.

This is not good. Is the 470 just as hot and power hungry? Don't care about loudness, I'll use headphones most of the time.

the cooler is the same, TTL talks about the 470 version of the nitro in the video

Here is the kit guru review of it
kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/sapphire-rx-470-nitro-oc-4gb-review/28/

TTL did a 470 Strix vs Nitro video actually

youtube.com/watch?v=AzI96SSsVDM

It's 32 compute units vs 36. The gpu itself is only 11% smaller on the 470 vs the 480. To be honest, I'm really hoping it turns out a bunch of 470s are just rebinned 480s with bios deactivated cores.
>download ram
>download cores.

I would also watch his RX480 Strix video too

youtube.com/watch?v=pkDvS13Tq1s

Just watch all of TLL(OC3D videos) Hes a great reviewer

Thanks, guys

>download ram
You can't download those on the 4GB versions of 470s. They're physcally 4GB only, it's not 8 nodes of 1GB with 4 deactivated.

>download cores
I'm not an expert, but if it has 32 compute units instead of 36 and it's 11% smaller, I think it's safe to say that it lacks 4 compute units, instead of have them deactivated as well.

I'm considering to get this one too. I like this case fan thing.
>Hes a great reviewer
He is, but his accent triggers my autism.

Get a 1060 3gb, they're the same fucking price and the 1060 will outperform it in almost every title unless you're some cuck who plays AOTS or DOOM

the reason it has 32 compute units is usually because they tried to manufacture 36 but only 32-36 were defect-free. if the hardware isn't thoroughly locked down it might be possible to unlock a few more compute units.

>3gb

SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I figured as much with the ram, but the 11% I came up with just by taking the difference in compute units. I didn't look into whether or not it's physically a different size. But it's probably more likely layered off cores, rather than bios locked.

>he thinks you need 4-8 GB at fucking 1080p
>he thinks his low end card can utilize the memory at acceptable framerates

Name one fucking game thats worth playing other than arma 3 that will use up more than 3GB of vram in 1080p

All they see is the bigger number and automatically assume it's better than the alternative.

UT4 at non-potato settings.

Yeah, this guy just reminded me about manufacturing issues. You both might be correct. Maybe some golden 470s can be unlocked into a 480 or somewhere near that.

A game WORTH PLAYING.

UT4

The only good 480 for me is the MSI Gaming x.
techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/RX_480_Gaming_X/8.html

Even then it's not doing too brilliantly, it's just quieter and less hot.

> Implying I am a poor fag

sure thing nvidiot