Normies only use their $600 flagship phone for communication and browsing the internet

>normies only use their $600 flagship phone for communication and browsing the internet
Why do rush out to buy the newest iShit in droves?

Hello

I dunno lol
They're so stupid, not like us.

everyone rushes in droves for their new phones

Social status

What ARE you supposed to do with the power though? inb4 >emulation

Flash ROMs daily until the next phone comes out.

what else are you supposed to do with a fucking phone

programming or video editing would be torture on a touchscreen this small for example

That's why flagship phones are retarded

True, but why bother with a $600 phone and then apply some stickers, cases, etc, if $100 Xiaomeme is enough.
Except when a phone is a status symbol, ofc.

>buy $200 phone
>wonder why you would need more than that

>1280x720 is good enough on a 5" screen
>any mid range gpu is fast enough for anything but the most demanding games (why would you play them on a phone with awful controls?)
>2GB RAM is enough even on Android
>16GB space is enough for apps and for media you can get a microSD
>even the best phone camera is bad compared to a proper camera so why care? you are not going to make any art with it anyways and it's good enough for just showing things to others
>almost all phones are a screen with a frame around it so there are no really terrible looking phones

It's funny to me when people here argue about the newest flagship phone not being good enough.

back in my day non-flagship smartphone meant extreme lag and generally were barely usable
xiaomi phones overheat, while iPhones are mostly cool. So if you don't want to do research an iphone may be an alright choice. ~400$ is not that much after all...

I have a $600 Android.
Still lags like shit, even when entering my PIN to unlock after booting.

Thanks, Google.

Flagshit lagdroid devices can't into smooth animations when CPU load is above 0%, so people keep getting tricked into purchasing last gen hardware that lags 0.5% less than previous gen.

You can do things like photo editing and programming on a mobile OS if you know what you're doing.

The phone market is fucked.
You can either get flagship phones that looks like some toddler tried to make a phone, but at least it gets updates, or you can get something that is completely unusable.
They all suck, there is no innovation and no good ideas.
They just make last years phone slightly worse and increase the price.

>xiaomi phones overheat
I don't even like that brand but holy shit you are stupid

Thanks google? What $600 phone did you get? I doubt a nexus would lag that hard. I have a $400 phone and it's super smooth.

Fairphone2

Granted, it's the worst $600 you can buy, but at least it wasn't made with child labor.

But my real point is the lagging is a software issue.
Even with 0 Apps running a simple number input dialog lags like a motherfucker.

Doesn't Apple fuck over older devices with each iOS update? Otherwise people could easily use an older iPhone.

I use an older flaghip Android for everything it can do because it's nice, everything about it is pretty good.
Yes there are pretty good budget phones these days, but they still have obvious compromises and corners that were cut to reach the price point.

delete this

What do you all do woth your phones that normies don't?

I tend to use telnet to access my home server and check on things or do some minor code changes or add comment notes for things that pop into my head while I'm away.

We hace the money :^)

Honor 5x for 180 dollars and it came with a 25 dollar gift card from new egg. Nice big screen for watching videos at work, phone feels nice in hand, good battery life, good camera for my use. Has micro SD slot and dual sim for my bell plan in Canada. Yea it can slightly bog down switching apps but for videos, texting, calling, Bluetooth to the work car and my helmet and main GPS I can't see the reason to pay any more for a phone.

>updates
Lol lagdroid problems

>but at least it gets updates
My lg g2 from 2013 running android 6 says hi

Android doesn't get updates only if you're a fucking normie or bought a phone without community support.

>community support.

Lmao

status symbols, of course

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of fads and people trying to fit in or just pretending to be retarded?

This is ridiculously detailed in a way that only someone Japanese could've come up with it.

>not owning an ubuntu phone

cuz I can. now f*ck you.

>itt: Plebians having any other phone than the A5 2016

This is the future you chose.

Why is this phone so perfect?

>tfw have none of the problems listed here

ebin

My phone is 2 years old and it literally never lags.

Meanwhile you have people who get devices and cradle them like their young, consistently babying them and protecting it for years until it shits itself or planned obsolescence takes it.

My family members have all managed to break their screens, but not me. Never.

>he got a Fairphone2
>he cares about child labor
>>>/tumblr/