I.. FUCKING... HATE... ANTIVIRUSES

I haven't used antiviruses in like... a year and half, may be more.
I noticed my laptop was heating up more than usual, I thought that could be because it's a bit old (it's from 2010) or may be it just has a shit ton of viruses, considering it's been over a year since I had an antivirus... I've even browsed and downloaded from dubious sites after Kickass Torrent was taken down.
>Install antivirus
>HEY YOU COULD FIX 4235 PROBLEMS
>Ok
>TO FIX THAT GET THE PREMIUM VERSION FOR $3.99
>Oh for fuck sake
>Do normal deep analisys
>0 virus found
>ZERO FUCKING VIRUS
>Uninstall

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just run adwcleaner every two weeks or so, antiviruses are mostly useless

I use common sense 2016

>not using Linux

dumbass. hate yourself.

>can't do anything but browse and rice the desktop
>resolution is limited to 640x400
>sound, wireless and printing don't work
>But at least it's not due to virusses

>haven't used antiviruses in like... a year and half

pretty sure windows has built in software for that. android and ios have app stores and monitoring for malicious apps...

sounds like you've been using them all along.

Are AVs even relevant anymore with all the polymorphic malware? Does an AV with proper heuristics exist?

AVs are obsolete. Nowadays, the malware is sent to you via Windows Update.

kek

this
just use real os like arch and watch anime you gaymen children

The age of antiviruses being mandatory on Windows is over

Windows comes with Defender and that's pretty much more than enough if you use adblockers and block javascript execution.

There's a reason why AVs are now selling ridiculously short and limited licenses. They need all the money they can get because nobody but enterprise gives a shit anymore. Back in the day when I used Nod32, you paid once and got a lifetime license with free updates for half the price of a yearly license now.

Just run MBAM on your computer once in a while. You don't have to pay for it, ND you don't have to run it all the time. It can find malware that most antiviruses can't find at all.

lol
These 1995 memes.

Just keep windows defender up to date and pass MWB once a month.

>block javascript execution.

nobody does that

I work as a computer tech. We run Malwarebytes, eset, adwcleaner, jrt, and ccleaner. It your computer isn't faster after that, it's gotta be hardware.

How effective is that to combat viruses?

Like, what is the difference between it and something like Norton, Panda, Avast or whatever?

Did they just call themselves anti-malware rather than anti-virus just because or is there a distinct difference between them I mean?

ITT

Oh right I forgot this was a windowsfaggot board.

Sup Forums is where Sup Forums comes in between complaining about how feminists are ruining their games, to get help with their "rigs" and "discuss" AMD GPUs vs. Nvidia GPUs

retard

Holy shit, this image is so true

MBAM looks deeper for malware than your average antivirus. It's supposed to be able to detect things like rootkits that a normal antivirus can miss. It might be placebo, but at least you don't have to run it all of the time. I remember that antiviruses sacked back when I used windows on my machine.

>Norton detects a threat in new versions of software because it doesn't have reputation data for it
>AVG uses 70% CPU on idle
I don't even remember why every single antivirus that I tried was shit, but it was a nightmare.

autist is here

> There's a reason why AVs are now selling ridiculously short and limited licenses
There's zero money in b2c market. Corporate market is where the money is. Every company buys it just in case.

an angry person made this image

It was made due to pic related striking nerve

guess hes confirmed autistic then

I haven't used anything except Windows Defender and adblock plus since Windows Defender became a thing.

Even my family that uses me as a tech support have been fine like this, besides my younger cousins that pirate everything. I had to give damn near a power point presentation on why tool bars are bad and everything has been fine since.

>>Install antivirus
>>HEY YOU COULD FIX 4235 PROBLEMS

Sounds like you're a retard, honestly.
It helps if you have some experience in these matters apparently.

What sort of retarded program did you fucking install to tell you something absolutely moronic like "you have thousands of issues" and where are the screenshots?

Did it might occur to you that just because a program has "antiviiri" in its name doesn't actually make it an AV?

You're clearly "DOWNLOAD MOAR RAM" or "DEFRAG RAM" levels of stupid. Hell, you probably even use a fucking "GAMEBOOSTER"

Go do yourself a favor and become an hero.

kill yourself

Try bitdefender. Download their official installer, then look on torrent sites for working keys. They are always posted in the comments of a cracked version.

Where might I acquire one of these GAMEBOOSTERS?

I do like to game.

Just set the priority of your vidya to high in the task manager, and make sure you don't run unnecessary programs in the background. You'll get the same effect, and you won't waste your resources to run RAZER VIDYABOOSTER with its obnoxious and bloated interface.

Touched a nerve, eh?

Stop being stupid.

Also, if you want to migrate to linux like many of us have, BY ALL FUCKING MEANS, GROW A PAIR AND JUST FUCKING DO IT, YOU GODDAMNED PUSSY.

Linux isn't too hard, many normalfags can use it, but you're clearly too stupid to even Windows, I'd love to feel your misery using something alien to your feeble brain.

I love the taste of your tears, hmmm, so good. Give me more, faggot.

You used too many words and now you lost.
Enjoy

(he didn't even bother to post anything different here)
I haven't seen this much butthurt in a while. Stay salty, user.

kill yourselves

>using anything but common sense & windows defender

But they should. Real malware is written by companies targeting browsers these days.