Freedom from systemd

What's a good bleeding-edge distro without systemd, Sup Forums?

Arch OpenRC
Devuan Ceres

Now go away.

PCLinuxOS

You go away, nigger.

Nice racism, shitlord!

Why is hate speech still tolerated on blue boards?

because Sup Forums isn't full of cucks
only shills

now fuck off nigger

When will the systemd hate meme end? Before or after the SSDs are bad meme?

When Red Hat decides to drop it for something new and incompatible again.

Nice shilling, Lennart.

>Sup Forums isn't full of cucks
lol you obviously haven't been here long...

DELET THIS

>systemd is good
>ssds are good
Wanna know how I know you don't work in IT or do anything serious with technology at all?

>cuck

You need to be married, and the girl has to be unfaithful. They weren't even together.

Because I don't fall for memes?

I wonder why are the Linux folks freaking out over systemd when they've got way bigger problems already like glibc, ALSA, GCC and OpenSSL...

systemd is the least of Linux' problems.

Dissatisfaction with systemd isn't a meme. Newfags like you who only use Linux on the desktop as a replacement for Windows are a meme. I bet you also like Gnome, PulseAudio, KDE, Qt, node.js, bash, avahi, WebKit, GTK, X, wayland, cmake, trying to make C code look like C++ code, trying to make C code look like LISP code, glib, 5-hour build times, NoSQL, bloatware and bugs in general.

Die in a fire you piece of cancer!

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

>Gnome, PulseAudio, KDE, Qt, node.js, bash, avahi, WebKit, GTK, X, wayland, cmake,
Wow, I have literally none of those things.

So you use Windows?

LE GIB ME ONE GOOD REASON I SHOULD DELETE SYBSTEMD :DDDDD

Void linux i think

I use Linux, for a server, like a sane person.

>the only good non-systemd distros are poorly modified versions of those that only support systemd
lel

Or, use a BSD license.

gentoo
>newfags will think I'm meming

>sane people
>using Linux for servers

How?

Linux is insecure af, you can't use it for servers.

>^
lol at this retard

Even with your special GPL license, you still don't manage to make better software than the BSD folks though. But somehow, they're the cucked ones.

Reminder that PostgreSQL >>>>>>>> MySQL.

Like PCLOS? Oh wait...

>implying I was shilling pclinuxos
And my point was that Arch shittily modified in an unsupported way isn't a distro. Devuan you may be able to make a case for being legitimate, but it's still shit.

>it's still shit

So is systemd.

btfo

Certainly. That doesn't make any distro that doesn't use systemd good.

See Stali for an undeniable example.

B T F O

Yeah, why exactly?
systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 10.995s (kernel) + 25.440s (userspace) = 36.435s

PC-BSD

I really wish it was okay, I mean I really do. Only BSD I am truly interested in

But it's currently unusable

Its literally a malignant cancer, metastatizing throughout more and more of the linux ecosystem.

bro this isn't tumblr fuck off

>cancer
Why
Xorg, gtk, gcc have also spread all over the linux ecosystem.

>What's a good bleeding-edge distro without systemd, Sup Forums?

Windows + Bash

They stick to their niches, co-existing with other software

SystemD seeks to consume all

Why is that a bad thing?
All I see is that it's removing bloat packages by making them irrelevant

>Xorg, gtk, gcc have also spread all over the linux ecosystem.

You say that as if it was a good thing.

>Cinnamon

Found the problem!

If you haven't hit your head with something, cinnamon is not the problem, not with Linux

that sucks

>developers only test it on Linux
>it's FreeBSD's fault

kek no

Bad development practices are still bad, even if your software works just fine in a special snowflake sandbox.

Give me a list of DEs that are developed with BSD in mind

Lumina.

Also, it doesn't have to be developed with BSD in mind. It just has to be developed properly. If you have unit tests, just run them on BSD for crying out loud. It's not that hard. If you don't have unit tests, you're doing it wrong.

KDE SC and XFCE run just fine out of the box on PC-BSD.

Daily reminder that if you don't compile and test your software on OpenBSD every once in a while, then you're literally asking for security vulnerabilities.

As if cinnamon wasn't suggested in the installer
I am employed

Does your company know your riddling their software with security breaches?

My company doesn't want to compile own software instead of using them

Why the PC-BSD folks would suggest such a shit piece of software in the installer beats me. But that doesn't make only testing your software on a single platform a good software development practice suddenly.

So you're not a developer? How surprising!

What's your point, NEET?

>gets cornered
>resorts to namecalling
I liked it better when ignorant fagtrons like yourself wouldn't be opinionated about subjects you haven't even the most remote idea about.

>cornered
Is there a language barrier?

Yes, I know at least 6 programming languages and you know none.

And yet you are unemployed. Get out of your basement and see people are busy with their jobs instead of looking for makefiles

I'm unemployed? I didn't get that memo.

If Systemd were simply an init system and didn't try to weasel its way into everything, I would agree. They make BSD look more attractive every new day.

What makes you think being a developer has anything to do with compiling a program in the open source world?

You are pretty obvious, user

>freedom from something that's free
fullretard.rpm

>systemd is the least of Linux' problems.
no

>only for servers meme
Shill for systemd AND Windows

Is Alpine Linux any good?
>no systemd
>no GNU
>hardened

It is though. It's easily replaceable by OpenRC. GCC though, there's no drop-in replacement for it.

If you can put a window manager or a DE you might use it as desktop.

If you can even install the system it will be a feat, Alpine is alpha garbage.

kek

I'd rather eat shit with my hand than being a fragile hipster

This.

Void

*of packages