Antergos

What do you guys think of antergos?

>pic related, not mine.

Arch without the autismal instalation, also rolling release and just works.

Just install Manjaro

what's so autismal about the installation?

Manjaro introduces its own problems on top of arch making it worse than arch

>asks about manjaro
>"just use antergos"
>asks about antergos
>"just use manjaro"
>asks about arch
>"just use antergos or manjaros

Is this a joke?

antergos' installer is fucking horrible, but as a distro it's fine

It's okay but you really should just install arch it doesn't take that long at all.

I do like antergos for wifi working out of the box though. If I ever need to reinstall arch, I might just opt for that because I have broadcom so I have to grab something from the AUR.

The biggest problem for me was all of these packages that came out of nowhere that I have no idea what they are. A basic distro with everything I need on arch hit around ~450-600 packages. (This is just stuff I consider basic. Drivers, cosmetic fixes, internet, and maybe a few programs.) My antergos came out at ~750 packages with MATE-GTK3, my choice of DE these days.

I'm not a MUH LOW PACKAGE NUMBER autist or anything, but I also don't like the idea of things being put on my system taking up space that I don't know the purpose of, and going through and removing shit seemed like more effort than just installing arch, so I went ahead and did that.

Also the installer is finnicky as hell. I couldn't dd it, rufus it, or unetboot it. I had to find a GUI tool on arch and only then did it work. (SUSE Studio image writer if you care.)

tl;dr it's fine if you have installed arch before and don't mind some (reasonable) bloat, but if you're new to arch just install it yourself. It takes like an hour at most.

how so?

It's the same shit as the other distros.
>next, click here, next, next, click there, install

Manjaro is a clusterfuck. Antergos is vanilla Arch with a couple of custom themes.

everything

>Arch without the autismal instalation

Not allowed in the Soopuhr Seekrit Klubhause.

I use antergos on 2 of my laptops and I have to agree. The installer sucks. For instance, I believe after you pick your time zone you click next to pick keyboard layout but the page doesn't load so you have to click back and then next again. This happens everytime I run the installer which is often considering when I finally get to the end and do the install, it'll start installing and when it gets to the end it just hangs so I have to start all over. I've had these same issues on both my laptops. After I tried installing on a third laptop I said fuck it and just installed arch. It was seriously 2ez.

Antergos is great after the install but seriously, just install arch.

OP here. Im stuck at a blinking sign after i tried to boot antergos. Any fix for that?

So i fucked up?

If you don't grasp the concept of the basic steps involved in installing Arch, you probably find the install process confusing and frustrating.
But then, these are concepts any competent linux user should be familiar with.
And it says right up front Arch is aimed at competent linux users.
Where's the problem?

except it barely fucking works if it has a grudge against you.
I have never finished the installation, it always fucks up either at the very start or somewhere mid-installation.
I'd rather just use aui or architect

4444444they lied to you, to install arch you need to read the wiki, to install antergos you just select a few things on a live usb, manjaro is shit because it has it's own list of bugs.
Anything you can do in arch you can do in antergos, no problem. It boots into xfce/openbox/cinnamon/gnome, has pamac-manager updater as default and it's comfy as fuck.

Try the Nvidia fallback when booting from USB/DVD also don't install the proprietary drivers.

It has been flawless for me unless i pick Cinnamon.

When i do that the installer explodes for some reason.

How did you make the USB?
Honest question

>Why?

I used Rufus

Because I managed to install it that way and everything else failed.

Is this the mac lookalike desktop thread?

Vanilla arch with it's own repos too :)

... such as?

Why exactly is Manjaro a clusterfuck?