RPideas

My first one came in the mail today. What should I do with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackaday.io/projects/tag/raspberry pi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>buy thing
>what do with thing
Are you serious or are you just memeing?

After shoving in my ass, of course.

why the fuck did you buy it, if you had no reason for ordering it
are you fucking retarded

I've got some ideas of what I can do with it, but some of the people on Sup Forums are actually creative and maybe they will suggest something I like better. I can't fuck with it till I get home from work regardless, so I might as well field ideas.

best I can think of, is spend another $100 on some hard drives and build a NAS server

I use mine as a print and svn server

Donate it to some poor children who can't afford a PC.

The RPi is not a good choice for NAS because it lacks SATA and its USB is slow.

Router with DNS cache and ad blocking
Home security (attach webcam)

Retro console emulation

>Router with DNS cache and ad blocking
that gives me a good idea
OP, you can set up a wifi hotspot and do fuckery with people if they aren't using HTTPS

use it for transcoding video. install freedos and ffmpeg and throw everything you have at it and measure its temperature.

Worth noting, I have no ambition to make a retro console. I already game too much. Although RPi consoles are pretty bad ass

What is the benefit of making a secondary DNS cache?

Works for all your devices and you keep the cache when you reboot a device

RPi is neither a good router since it has a very slow onboard network

How much does this really speed up your connection compared to the risk of DNS pollution? I live near many Pajeets, I don't want to get hacked.

1. Install Arch or Raspian
2. Connect internet cam
3. Make website with access to your server
4. "Accidentaly" unsafe configuration
5. Get off to anonymous people watching you in your flat

>buying a pi without knowing what to do with it
why do people keep doing this?

>hackaday.io/projects/tag/raspberry pi

I mostly use it to block ads and other unwanted traffic. Definitely worth it for that.
>RPi is neither a good router since it has a very slow onboard network
True if you have a fast Internet connection. It handles my 11 Mbit/s tho.

My Internet is 75Mbps, and I can just use ad blocker, at least until modern browsers fuck me and start forcing ads through.

hook up to an rc car and have a moving linux server

install fake wifi with high range antena and a sniffing program.
take a drink in a bar
see what was recorded

Game emulator for older systems. Or some kind of media center player. You can have it do a task on your network like torrent or be a vpn endpoint or an owncloud setup.

My problem is I did all those things and got a freenas server. Now all that shit is on my freenas jails or a small pc on my living room tv. So my 4 pis are not being used. I still use them as a sandbox for python but when it works it goes into a freenas jail.

Anyone know a good screen for a calendar run by a pi? Would make it sync with owncloud doesn't have to be touchscreen but should by around the size of a piece of paper or larger.

Might just get a busted tv and alter it.

I should add I used it as a front end so my tv could get at the stuff on my plex setup on server. Found out that chromcasts do it easier and cleaner out of box so I have two of those now.

put it in the microwave for a few minutes put ice cream on top of it and enjoy it à la mode!