$200 stock clocked 480 only 8fps less than the $650(plus tax) fury x I bought 13 months ago

>$200 stock clocked 480 only 8fps less than the $650(plus tax) fury x I bought 13 months ago

AMDDDDDDDDDDDD

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1060_Gaming_X/27.html
techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/RX_480_Gaming_X/26.html
youtu.be/dh9Akfu90Gs?t=7m12s
youtu.be/6SYNayNQi6s?t=3m26s
ebuyer.com/753209-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6g-graphics-card-ebuyer-com-gv-n1060d5-6gd-1-0
ebuyer.com/753055-evga-geforce-gtx-1060-sc-graphics-card-ebuyer-com-06g-p4-6163-kr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>technology moves forwards

Wow!

And feel free to tell me where you're finding a custom 8GB 480 for $200, because I want to buy one.

WTF ? Why is 1060 performing so much worse? I thought nVidia and all the paid shills on Sup Forums advertised it as a better 480 and more worth MY money. What is happening? Where are they now and why can't they take responsibility for their shitty unfullfiling shilling?

isn't it an AMD sponsored game?

I mean the Titan x is almost as shitty so idk

The 1060 is all over the place in terms of performance because of the heavy bottlenecks the card has to deal with. In games that expose its weaknesses it tanks down to 970 performance, whereas in others it can outperform both the 480 and 980.

Does the Titan X actually run anything well?

>it can outperform both the 480 and 980.

Except that's not happening with this game! The shills told me otherwise. Where are they now?

This game is also an unoptimized piece of crap. RX480 will only consistently outperform the 1060 on DX12 games, but it will be obsolete by the time DX12 is the standard. Plus the 1060 has way better overclocking anyway since it draws less power and heats up much less.

>but it will be obsolete by the time DX12 is the standard

So will 1060. Actually it's obsolete right now!

>Plus the 1060 has way better overclocking anyway since it draws less power and heats up much less.

For most people buying mid end hardware overclocking isn't much of a concern. Paying 100$ more for a card should guarantee higher performance not -17fps WTF

That's an original Titan X, not the new one. It's lower than the 980 Ti because it's clocked 250MHz lower.

>Plus the 1060 has way better overclocking anyway since it draws less power and heats up much less

techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1060_Gaming_X/27.html
>Actual 3D performance gained from overclocking is 15.1%.

techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/RX_480_Gaming_X/26.html
>Actual 3D performance gained from overclocking is 8.6%.

Wow, a whole 6.5%! That's worth the extra money, less VRAM and shit performance in anything except DX11. :^)

>200$

Yeah right in what universe is that.

4GB version costs that much if you're not a yuropoor.

>Why even buy a 480 all games today Run DX11 what the fuck is wrong with all of you buy a 1060 seriously
>Benchmarks of every new game show 480 consistently beats the 1060 in FPS by a small margin.
>What the fuck Nvidia I thought you muh back

Okay and where on that benchmark is a 200$ RX 480 4GB version exactly?

I'm not dumb you know this is the same shit Nvidia pulled 2 years back where they matched stock 290 against EVGAs 970 Factory OCed to shit.

>in an AMDead title
wow

Excuses from Nvidiots?

>980ti outperforms 1070
Jesus Christ this games benchmarks keep getting worse.

Why would that be a surprise? The 980 Ti outperforms the 1070 in any game once you overclock them both, and that particular 980 Ti is boosting pretty high at 1350MHz. Crank it up to 1500MHz (which just about any 980 Ti can do) and it leaves any overclocked 1070 in the dust.

>shit performance in anything except DX11
>except DX11
>except almost everything since DX11 is still standard
Add to that 6,5% extra performance over already initially superior performance against the 480 and the gap is only widened.

Because they only used the 3gb card and completly ignored the 6gb one.
Considering even the 970 performs better, i assume with the settings they tested 3gb simply arent enough.

Can't blame AMD for this one, the fury X was a shitty card 13 months ago.

AMD sponsored game you ninny.

It might be obsolete but what if that person doesn't change their card every 3 years but 4+?

Why then Nividia doesn't doesn't take care of their customers who pay PREMIUM for the best experience?

don't trust benchmarks, also it's a DX12 unicorn title. this isn't a normal representation of performance between cards.

who cares? that means nothing. I know Nvidia crams every game they touch with physx godray ansel adams quad filtered meme effects to gimp every single card on the market.

this isn't that.

I can't believe they even released the 1060, who is that for? Some poor uninformed parent who buys it for their disappointed kid?

isn't a 1060 just a rebranded 970? of course it's shit, how could it not be.

>amdead

what did you mean by this?

If you keep your card for more than a couple years, Nvidia GPUs are bad ANYWAY.

With many reservations, I bought a 1070 when my 7950 finally died along with my mobo a couple weeks ago.

My only consolation is that, when DX12 is the mainstay, non-homogenous hardware should also be a thing and I should be able to pair this 1070 with whatever new card I get that isn't going to rely on suboptimal software schedulers for async.

This is literally the worst possible time to be upgrading any fucking hardware, and I wouldn't have done it at all if I could have found a fucking 1155 socket mobo literally anywhere that wasn't some h67, micro-atx bullshit or busted ebay garbage.

Are we only going to start seeing serious 980 to price drops after the 1080ti drops?

I keep hearing that but then I keep looking at various videos on it.

youtu.be/dh9Akfu90Gs?t=7m12s
youtu.be/6SYNayNQi6s?t=3m26s

I think it comes down to whether the card itself is good in it's own right. The r9 380 is aging better that the gtx 960 in DX 12 but a lot of things still show them similar.

I'm curiuous to see some 4k numbers from ze germans - I bet (relatively) we see Nvidia tank even harder.

Also: hawaii master race.

>The r9 380 is aging better that the gtx 960 in DX 12 but a lot of things still show them similar.

Of course they're still similar in a lot of things, Pascal only dropped a few months ago.

960 is garbage though so it's a bad sign for the 380.

So what does this say in relation to the videos? Not to go for Nvidia's high tier cards?

I'd just like for a 1060 I purchase not to go down the shitter as quickly as a 960.

The 970 is doing quite alright.

My only concerns with a 480 are the cost, driver implementation is less day one, more expensive in the UK, and the only one I can stomach is the MSI one.

As for Direct X 12 that seems to depend on who the game is supported by.

>I'd just like for a 1060 I purchase not to go down the shitter as quickly as a 960.
960 wasn't even faster than a 770, 1060 has 980 performance.

>The 970 is doing quite alright.

Relatively speaking from starting more or less above a 390x your 970 now performs on par with a 390 in DX11 and considerably worse in most DX12 titles (and in doom the 390 massacres it).

3gb 1060 has less stream processors and less ram. Its still low.

390x is literally 2x the price of a 970 in here.

>less fps

An oddity that would certainly make the 390x rather unattractive. Still for most of the known world the 390 is cheaper than a 970 and these days outperforms it (hell a 290x is still close to a 980 despite existing to fight a 780).

Its even worse if you own a kepler card - the 780 now performs closer to a 7970ghz (aka 280x) than its intended competitor, the 290.

No they don't at best they are equivalent when at their highest overclocks. You can still get +300 mhz over 1870 on a 1070.

Are you clinically retarded?

are you retarded or just a fanboy memer? 4 nvidia cards preform better than AMD in AMD sponsored game. That includes 2 year old 980ti

They're still waiting for a month or two to pass before they release the real performance treat, the DX12 for AMD cards.

The only reason they delayed it is because "nvidia is working to fix it" bullshit, aka nothing.

The 960 is essentially nothing but a rebranded 770 and that thing was already a rebranded 680. The 1060 is on completely new architecture and on 14nm, there wasn't a card like the 1060 before.

Ark DX12 patch when?

>delayed because of pic related

IIRC 770 had better benchmarks than 960.

yeah all the measuring gets confusing and the designations, along with thefact these have been bumped u pa price bracket.

Honestly most of my contention is finding one with passive, a backplate and a reliable company.

Most AMD partners I don't trust worth shit.

REMEMBER THAT ONE TIME THAT UHHHHH NVIDIA OPTIMIZED THAT ONE GAME AND UHHHH THE 980TI PERFORMED WORSE THAN A 970???

On release, the 960 barely performed better than 760.

>backplate meme

>hawaii remaining indestructable again

I thought the 970 was competing with the 390 not the x variant?

It's an and or thing if it's a long card. Not particularly fussed.

Upon release the 970 often was just a hair slower than the 390x and the 980 was the undisputed king. These days? Not so.

760 is so comfy though. Glad I skipped the Maxwell series, literally only the 950 and the 980ti looked decent.

Not to challenge what you've typed as much as what you've used, isn't Quantum break one of the most graphically extravagant/poorly optimized games?

I wonder if I buy this will I really be screwed?

ebuyer.com/753209-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6g-graphics-card-ebuyer-com-gv-n1060d5-6gd-1-0

Those DX 12 gains for the 390 are nice though and i find this a better example than the biased Tomb Raider or Hitman benches.

>poorly optimized games?

To be fair it runs like shit on Nvidia but like butter on AMD hardware, so you decide if its poor optimised bearing in mind project cars also exists.

As for buying a 1060? Do your own research - I prefer the 480 for a host of trivial reasons that are not performance related in any way. My biggest belief (as thats all it is right now) is like the 7970 vs 680/770 and 290x vs 780/780ti the 480 will age better than the 1060.

> biased Tomb Raider

Tomb raider runs better on AMD these days.

All the benches Ive seen show Tomb Raider is a shit port. Runs like garbage on AMD for DX11. And somehow runs even worse on DX12.

>the 970 is a piece of shit only a year or two after release
I had a 560ti until this year when the terrorists attacked France. How did the 970 tank so much?

Maybe I should just upgrade the 970 to a 1070 instead of getting a haswell board.

Better but still best on an Nvidia card much the same way Hitman is great on AMD.

Are your reasons of preference how Nvidia handles things? Because I don't like how they aren't open about their code.

>Are your reasons of preference how Nvidia handles things?

Mostly yes. Plus I don't like the direction where their Boost technology is going as it is going to fundamentally lock people out of manual overclocking as the card will do it itself (its why Nvidia is slowly locking down their bios more and more) which will prevent all but the most dedicated of overclockers squeezing the maximum out of a chips.

Just been playing Deus Ex, I giggled at a game that uses concept imagery of triangles and such sponsored by a company gimped by tessellation.

I'd heard only about Red Devil offering warrantied unlocked bios with full control over it.

That 480 isn't stock. Also the Fury X is for 4K, any lower res and you're doing it wrong.

>RX480 will only consistently outperform the 1060 on DX12 games, but it will be obsolete by the time DX12 is the standard
Wow, it's like you're trying to force yourself to believe something, as if saying it repeatedly will make it true.

DX12 is already standard with AAA games.

Meh, uses the same engine as Hitman.

>4gb
>4k

It's shit for 4k
Titan xp is the only single gpu that can handle it confidently
It would be decent for 1440p 144hz

This is still directx11 atm

>DX12 is already standard
It's not as most of the playerbase doesn't even run win10.

Yup, no direct x 12 for about two week.

I got the MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB yesterday for £257.99 from Ebuyer. I can overclock it to maximum of 1380 but even then it's a bit twitchy at that clock rate. So far the only game I can't run at over 60 fps average is RotTR and possibly The Witcher 3 on max settings. It's definitely playable if I turn down anisotropic filtering, tessellation and anti aliasing a bit though. Shame these are not binned to guarantee 1400Mhz but those are the breaks. It was either that or another £30 on the 1060 but I want to get a Freesync monitor soooo....

Yeah, hopefully that means a switch to Vulkan rather than just stick to DX 11.

It'd be a boost to Nvidia but would also shake things up a bit and give some ground to AMD.

At the time of 970 it was a clear winner, the 390 came out far later.

The RX 480 and 1060 are so close it's annoying. If a list of games using Vulkan were to come out that would make it easier.

NANI? Yesterday!?

Shit, I must've been at work as I looked last night.

Why another £30 on a 1060? I was about to get a giabyte windforce for £240. I'm guessing the reason why I keep putting it off is giving AMD a go.

How do you rate it as a card?

What's the betting AMD see's hardly any gains on the DX12 patch of this game ('Oh we had to - balance - it's performance so it would run well on both team green and team red's platforms a la Time Lie').

I hope I am wrong on this.

Human Revolution was a bad game so I don't really care about benchmarks.

Call me when Cyberpunk 2077 has something up

Try getting support (like an RMA) from Powercolor. Google it. Real horror show. If your GPU dies good luck with that!

This is why the only company I'm up for trusting on AMD's 480's is MSI, Gigabyte, or Sapphire. In that order.

Mankind is a console port it already is optimized for AMD hardware.

Yeah they come in and go fast., You need to have a monitor on nowinstock to get it. The MSI Gaming X variant of the GTX 1060 is about £30 more expensive for some reason. I went with MSI because they have a UK base for support. Plus it goes nice with my MSI Gaming motherboard :)

I rate it a solid 8.5/10. I would score it higher if it would have overclocked to 1400 or more. But it's about what I epxected so I can't complain too much. Just as long as Nvidia does not pay devs to gimp DX12 games it should shine. In the coming months we shall see. What worries me most is how it performs on RotTR post DX12 patch and Time Lie (and the way the Futuremark devs explained why AMD did not do better on it which seems so fucking suspicious regardless of the fud they threw out regarding that).

AMD is not aggreive enough. Nvidia play hardball which is why they are #1. They cheat and lie and will fuck around in the background to get what they want. AMD on the other hand offer up open source all over the place, help out when they can and generally are too much Mr Nice Guy for their own good.

If you go MSI don't install the crapware. It's breddy bad.

U got me

I really hope hetero multi adapter takes off. It would be great to just shove in a mix of GPU's and get better performance. All this shit about competing platforms and games that nobble one platform or the other is fucking ridiculous. People just want to game/do 3D work and view media. They don't want to be forced to decide which stuff they use the most in order to pick the right GPU.

I had a now in stock monitor but was in work.

Should I honestly go for it over this?

ebuyer.com/753055-evga-geforce-gtx-1060-sc-graphics-card-ebuyer-com-06g-p4-6163-kr

Believe it or not that trend is going to continue for a lot of games that are ported to PC - GCN effectively dictates the game industry right now and Nvidia simply cannot compete against the legions of developers porting their console code to vulkan/DX12 (which is going to be setup to appeal to GCN's strengths) and naturally, DX11.

AMD offered their mantle code to Khronos group and microsoft (although denied), and it worked out pretty well for them. They can't hire a horde of codemonkeys to write proprietary software and optimize drivers for every single game so they'll get the game devs to do that for them.

>Fury X
>4 FPS less than Titan X

Fury is going strong, rx480 is just going stronger.

The Devil 470 is very fucking popular in Japan and Taiwan right now. I know because im a huge weeb.

This is why Sup Forums should be ignored. Sup Forums believed the titan x would be untouchable by fiji and that the 1060 is faster all the time no exceptions than the 480.

Playing Deus Ex MD on my 750ti, this was to be my deadline to upgrade ah well, that's that fucked.

Do you know any particular why beyond it being price vs performance king?

The EVGA is so kawaii! If you want to play DX11 and OpenGL games go for it. It's cheap enough not to worry about the for the next year. There will always be games that you get better performance on one team than the other. DX12 is gonna take time to mature anyhow. I went with the 480 due to other factors.

Not him, but price:performance king is the exact reason why. They aren't like Americans, they don't want the biggest & most expensive thing ever if they can find something which does the job within acceptable levels near to it and doesn't cost as much.
America has a big thing about needing to be THE BEST at everything, and have THE BEST everything, and everything THE BEST. Because THE BEST is THE BEST and that is THE BEST.

...but these other countries realise that's stupid, because before you know it, it isn't the best, and something else is THE BEST.

I bet polaris is making a killing for AMD in asia.

Next year? M8, I'm planning to ride a card for 4 years.

I emulate a lot do AMD cards have trouble with that ?

Pcsx2 doesn't like AMD when using opengl.