Considering the success of cockli, what other web services are in need of Sup Forums users and similar?

Considering the success of cockli, what other web services are in need of Sup Forums users and similar?

I am in a similar situation as vc, the cockli owner, meaning I have lots of money and resources to pour into something.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/GentooTeam/GTWebsite/wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whatever it is I want to work for you for cheap.I really want to work from home. Cant handle the world and people.

I actually work from home myself, have for many years. Its where my money and now free-time comes from

I can make the logo, how much can you pay me?

A permanent image hosting site mite b coal
Uguu is nice but it's temp

I could quite easily do that.

I guess a pomf clone run by someone competent

Other ideas include:

simple anonymous irc server offshore with multiple hubs and leafs to keep it online in the event of a government takedown

simple torrent tracker similar to above

simple webhosting for static files under a subdomain/folder.

Example:
user.meme.host or meme.host/user/

What do you do user?

I am a linux admin for my company. Sort of a jack of all trades, anything from C/nodejs work to creating backup scripts for their linux servers to migrating databases, general sysadmin work.

It pays great and no one is breathing down my neck so I can't complain.

Having an account to easily store stuff would be nice, but nome of that imgur upboat crap

Store what kind of stuff user...

Honestly that's pretty doable. pomf.se with a login system

Do you have an email we can contact you from? There are projects that need funding.

[email protected]

Make another command line file host (like 0x0.st and sprunge.us)

don't delete files

I like this idea

tfw no email yet

Looks like setting up a sprunge clone takes about 10 minutes actually

Do it for the benefit of humanity

There can never be enough command line file hosts

Any other services useful to run?

I still feel like a non shit irc server is an untapped niche

Problem with running IRC servers is that they're useless without a community

Where do you intent to get a community from to actually use your IRC server? Everybody's on freenode, rizon, oftc etc. already

>Any other services useful to run?
tor relay if you have shittons of bandwidth to kill. Be warned though if you have a network quota and don't set up tor rate limiting; it *will* saturate your connection if you let it

tor exit node if you have the balls (check with your ISP first)

The idea behind the irc is that it would be logless and resilient against shutdown, with no rules. I feel as if a community could form after time.

As far as relays go I'd like to run several. the plan at the moment is to purchase several offshore servers and cluster them.

>resilient against shutdown
tell me more

I take it it will be fully distributed and deniable? Based on freenet perhaps? Are users anonymous?

I'd like to share films with friends, mostly just some 20-30 people from IRC but I have no idea what's the best way.

IRC networks work on a hub and leaf topology so by nature they can still work even if one or multiple servers are shutdown. The plan was to blank out hostnames with reverse dns, enable ssl, etc.

So what if they seize your servers?

Run the IRC server as a Tor hidden service

sieze all of them?

I'm expecting to run at least 5, preferrably 10 nodes connected to one another. If one gets shut down I'll spin up another at another provider.

I'll do that, I really like that actually

Why can't you make decentralized servers, like how torrents work?

I'm stupid btw.

Could really use an ownCloud and tt-rss server...

The protocol wasn't made for that, that's the big issue essentially. It's fine though as long as you have at least 2 hub servers.

Would you use a cockli-esque version of owncloud?

give them to me

>I'll do that, I really like that actually
The only downside of Tor hidden services is that you can't ban IPs. Everyone appears as 127.0.0.1
You'll have to make account registration necessary, possibly with a CAPTCHA

>sieze all of them?
What if they seize you?

Look at what happened to lavabit

If we're talking about IRC I'd never ban anyone, if you needed to ban people from channels the channel owners would worry about that

free seedbox
or free proxy

>static sites
meh

free proxy is a good idea, I would use it.

>Would you use a cockli-esque version of owncloud?
Yes.

pomf.se is kill and we need a replacement

Sort of a general image/ pdf/ document upload site where everything is public

Sup Forums extension with upvotes (needs a server ofc)

>upvotes

OP Here. Considering this:

Serverside encrypted owncloud/nextcloud
IRC server with nulled hostnames/whois
Pomf.se clone with no expiry
sprunge/0x0 clone with no expiry

I picture much more than just upvotes.
Users should be able to react to posts with emoticons like pic related

The extension forwards this to a central server which relays it to all other users

Then you could enter a thread and show only posts tagged LOL, WTF, and so on :-)

>

OP, interested in a new instruction set?

I have plans and I need a platform with which to crowdsource ideas and improvements :^)
So it'd probably also be helpful to have a platform by which things can be well planned- not just text and images; but tools for diagrams and the like; to which people can post their own contributions for plausible uptake by the main plan.

Which might just be a platform in and of itself.

This has been my dream for years

the ability to ban server wise is still important due to msg flooding, notice flooding, ctcp flooding, dcc flooding, etc
none of those need to happen in a channel, and /ignore isn't robust enough for someone that can change their nick every quarter of a second

You haven't figured out how to deal with abuse yet.

Sent you an email regarding the new g torrent site project. For everyone else, we are likely making a new update sometime this month, allowing parts of the community to help out. No set date yet though.

Muh animaymay images and wubbums of vidyer

Yeah, pretty ideal imo

githubs fine

Sup Forums has torrent site? can I ask for a link?

a skype alternative

teamspek mumble ventrilo ummm????

How about a network based transfer system- for messages/files etc

Each packet is split up into multiples that when XOR'd together produce the right output, but individually are spliced with a random string of bits to make it virtually random itself. The result being that no single part contains any actual data, and only once headers are together can the message be "completed".

In this way, no actual data is passed by the proxy nodes of the network; the message only exists in full form at origin and destination (provided each part takes different routes)

as for routing the parts could follow an XOR system to navigate towards their destination

can i share video,and files as well as screenshare?

good for hosting code. Not much else.

Might as well just run a tor exit node

Mixtape.moe was already planning on doing this eventually.
Moe panel in pomf also already contains this functionality.

go hang out with vc and kalyx on lainchan.

Gonna put in another vote for torrent site/tracker. Anything involving filesharing would be pretty cool.

It's currently under development. Here's the GitHub page:
github.com/GentooTeam/GTWebsite/wiki

I'm not associated with the project.

holy overhead batman!?

Keyword being eventually.

FUCK YES