Does Sup Forums use a VPN?

Does Sup Forums use a VPN?

Protip: Prices for hotels and airlines on websites like expedia change depending on where your IP is located.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/trailofbits/algo
vpntutorials.com/tutorials/openvpn-sharing-a-port-with-a-webserver-on-port-80-443/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please rec a vpn Sup Forums. I'm moving abroad but want to access things as if I'm in the uk.

I have my own apartment and I sometimes visit parents place. Both places got ISP letters for me torrenting something.

I currently use privateinternetaccess

Paid $40. Haven't seen a letter since. But pretty sure the VPN list is only for nato nations. There are two UK vpn access points - london and southampton

I use TOR Browser.

I use PIA. Great speeds no issues works on PC and phone no problems and $3/mo if you buy a year of service.

I used to, but the speeds were so inconsistent it was annoying

Thanks mate, I'll check them out.

>I used to, but the speeds were so inconsistent it was annoying
Rent a good VPS and set up your own VPN.
I get full 100 Mbit/s easily.

>Please rec a vpn Sup Forums.
see
Your VPS can do other things too. And you don't have to share the IP.

I have a VPS but doesn't that defeat the point?

i use one since i mostly work out of a cafe with half the internet's websites as a whole fucking blocked.

Running my own OpenVPN off Xubuntu. I use it at work and on my phone to watch my cameras.

For movies I use PIA

If I have a computer that's just sat in a house and always on can I use that as my own vps? Sorry for the /sqt/, I'm a retard

why?

Mullvad

Cheap, no limits, no tracking/logs, just werks

Works on any device that will support a PPTP/L2TP VPN, also a dedicated client for Windows, OSX and Linux. Also tunnels IPv6, if you need that kind of thing

So you torrent over this and all appears to be well? Looks pretty rad, and the pricing is legit.

b-but vps would take to configure and secure all stuff on your own r-right?

Mullvad is a piece of shit honeypot

I don't know why so many people recommend it. Probably because of the logo?

Anyway, go for ovpn.se or ipredator over mullvad

>I have a VPS but doesn't that defeat the point?
It depends on what your goal is.
I just want to be secure on public WiFi and OpenVPN compression improves the speed while on the go.

I use OpenVPN for public roaming, but that isn't my primary goal

My primary goal is having at least some amounts of privacy on the internet. For that I need rotating, shared IPs.

Downsides: They're all always banned on every single website, they're slow as shit because shared

thank u kind user. It's a jungle of VPNs out there, I appreciate the input.

currently using NordVPN, excellent service no logs and business is based in Panama (no fourteen eyes)

A middle-ground might be a VPS with multiple IPs.
OVH in France and Canada gives you up to 16 IPs with arbitrary geolocations. You can have one in the UK, Netherlands, Germany etc...
They don't charge monthly. One time ~2.40 EUR per IP

Interesting. I'm with hetzner, and I think they charge monthly per IP

Yes, like most do
That OVH offering is quite unique

Their website almost makes me think it's bullshit

Dumbass. Do you not know what TOR is ?

Not him but Tor is the network that makes you solve 100000x CAPTCHAs when visiting clearnet sites that are protected by CloudFlare.

Might be secure, but might not be. Easy setup scripts for cloud based VPNs.

maybe

can you tunnel tor over your vpn so the vpn can't see your traffic and tor can't see your actual host ip?

IPsec is much more complex than OpenVPN but it works natively with Windows.

I prefer OpenVPN over TCP/443, sharing the port with a web server. Traffic then is, at least superficially, indistinguishable from HTTPS

vpntutorials.com/tutorials/openvpn-sharing-a-port-with-a-webserver-on-port-80-443/

Did not know about that feature, based user.

I'm using NordVPN too. Good service and support. And their software is pretty cool.
But any server outside Europe gives me terrible speed. Is that the case for you too?
I mean, it's normal to be slower considering my location, but not that much.

The best part is that you can actually visit the HTTPS website that shares the port with OpenVPN
Because OpenVPN uses SSL/TLS, they have the same certificate too

>IPsec is much more complex than OpenVPN but it works natively with Windows.
But OpenVPN also runs on Windows so what's the point?

If you're doing any illegal activities be safe and use tails.

used torguard works great can't post on here though.

Good question. I think some routers also support IPsec natively, but not OpenVPN.
On Windows there really is no visible advantage

I host a VPN based in UK, another user gave me lifetime spotify premium in another thread.

I'll pay it forward to some of you, hit me up [email protected]

StrongVPN

Can I use it to access nowtv when I move to Germany?

[citation needed]

Should work for about everything i think.

Same here, NorvVPN too.

Pretty good service, the only cons are Sup Forums blocks all NordVPN IPs from posting :(