/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

Last one passed the limit

Is there a way to see the Qbittorrent download speed in a diagram form?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7#Activation
pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free-digital-river/
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
windowsiso.net/
raymond.cc/blog/backup-and-restore-vista-oem-activation-license/
www81.zippyshare.com/v/kHbhIrV4/file.html
whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is there a way to see the Qbittorrent download speed in a diagram form?

I see no such option in the program.

However, you might be use a 3rd party network analyzer.

Where can I find one of these but with a ground prong as well?

is there any method i can view Instagram private profile?

How do I use file selection on halite?

add the account holder as a friend

Where can I pirate my collage textbooks while on my college's WiFi, without my college finding out?

Tell me, pretty please

just go to the school library and use the ones they have there.

Only ever heard of a college campus, or ISP for that matter, getting pissy about downloading copyright movies and shows. never music or software or ebooks.

set up a VPN service

probably won't accept. i mean if there is a way to view the pictures of a private profile

I gather uTorrent, bitTorrent etc. are shit and loaded down with spyware/adware. What torrent client does Sup Forums recommend?

uTorrent 2.2.1

Deluge
qBittorent

Is a bad mobo to blame for my computer to be unable to hold the proper time? I changed the cmos about 3 months ago and its been fine til now. Seems way too short of a battery life. Also I get power surges on the USB and get multiclick/multi-input on mouse/kb.

So downloaded and installed a not-so-genuine version of windows 7 onto my computer, but it knew my windows wasn't genuine so I looked around and found a program that generated windows keys and I guess tricked windows into thinking I had a genuine version. Now my computer is saying again that the version of windows I have is not genuine, even though windows has been running fine for weeks after using that key generating program. Unfortunately I forgot the name of that program and was hoping anyone here has the name of it

Is this thing good?

KMSS, Its malware, but it just werks.

How do I prevent the malicious JavaScript ad on the main page that keeps hijacking my mobile browser?

Not so sure if this is the right place but whatever

Windows update stopped working like a year ago, it simply keeps showing "Checking for updates" never really needed it until now because some game requires a specific update so I can install a new version of Visual C++ Redistributable

Looked around a bit and tried some different methods I found, of which none worked

They were either:
trying to manually install an update for the updater, but it just gets the same problem where it doesn't stop searching for updates
Renaming SoftwareDistribution & catroot folders, I assume to redownload them. This changed the "Most recent check for updates" and "Updates were installed" things to "Never", as mentioned, but it still has the same problem
Running

I also fucked around with some diagnostics commands, the microsoft fix it center tool (which doesn't work at all) and resetting the update service

Should I just format my system

I built my first new pc last night. My pc has the following specs:
Asus H110 m-k
EVGA GTX1060 6GB
Intel i5 6500
Kingston Savage DDR4 2133 MHz CL13
WD Caviarl Blue 1TB
Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB SSD
Seasonic S12II 80+ Bronze
Cooler Master N200

I've just rum the BIOS multiple times and I've already upgraded the BIOS to the latest version. Everything works fine. I'm going to install Windows 10 Home soon, but I'm wondering what drivers I should get for my components. I'm thinking about Nvidia's latest driver for GTX1060 and Samsung Magician for the SSD. Is there anything else I should consider to install?

rtorrent

Yes, sounds like bad Mobo

Disable Javascript for that page, obviously.

tried looking it up but couldn't find anything

2 things i have bought on ebay with paypal (linked bank acct not debit card (a debit card one shows up though)) are not showing up on my bank's website. Wtf. what do.

help

Going to dualboot Windows with xubuntu so I can play games and use visual studios.
Windows 7 or 10?

Make it yourself?

Im trying to run an .exe on Windows recovery mode with cmd and it gives me an "The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present" error. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Anything wrong with these settings for firefox? It builds but it instantly segfaults claiming libux.so dumped.
# Enable
ac_add_options --enable-url-classifier
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
ac_add_options --enable-optimize
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-install-strip
ac_add_options --enable-gio
ac_add_options --enable-system-ffi
ac_add_options --enable-system-pixman
ac_add_options --enable-gstreamer=1.0
ac_add_options --enable-system-hunspell
ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
ac_add_options --enable-system-sqlite
ac_add_options --enable-gold
ac_add_options --enable-pie
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --enable-elf-dynstr-gc
ac_add_options --enable-necko-small-buffers

# Disable
ac_add_options --disable-official-branding
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
ac_add_options --disable-webrtc
ac_add_options --disable-safe-browsing
ac_add_options --disable-crashreporter
ac_add_options --disable-updater
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-startup-notification
ac_add_options --disable-pulseaudio
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-telemetry
ac_add_options --disable-debug-symbols
ac_add_options --disable-accessibility
ac_add_options --disable-xinerama
ac_add_options --disable-mochitests
ac_add_options --disable-logging
# System
ac_add_options --prefix=/usr
ac_add_options --libdir=/usr/lib
ac_add_options --with-pthreads
ac_add_options --with-system-bz2
ac_add_options --with-system-jpeg
ac_add_options --with-system-png
ac_add_options --with-system-zlib
ac_add_options --with-system-libevent
ac_add_options --with-system-libvpx
ac_add_options --with-system-nspr
ac_add_options --with-system-nss
ac_add_options --with-system-icu

mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/firefox-build-dir

You being serious?

All the functions of a 7 plus lighter
Less of that 10 bullshit

fosho, thanks

Was thinking of that as a last resort but i don't trust myself with making a long lasting cord for something that handles 500W. I'm just surprised there wasn't already something like this available. "Piggyback plug switch" and the likes didn't bring up much.

I have a Mbp 17" on osx 10.6.8 and I don't have the admin password, what should I do.
Really how bad is Windows 10

m8s

want a laptop under 500 bucks.

fast, not for gaming

smaller screen idc.

thoughts?

[spoiler]thinkpad[/spoiler]

Gentoo

Where can I get windows 8.1 iso to dualboot?

>I'm going to install Windows 10 Home soon,
>Windows 10 Home
>Windows 10
>Home
I don't know which of that is worse but it's all bad, if you're going to install 10 get the fucking Pro or Enterprise .iso and activate with MSToolkit off mydigitallife forums

>I'm wondering what drivers I should get for my components.
You're a goymer so all you need to concern yourself with is Nvidia drivers and your Samsung shit

microsoft, unless they removed it like they did with 7

I don't have to buy it?

it will work on any copy of 7, but for the sake of cleaning out malware you should really download a clean copy of windows and verify the checksum of your ISO against MSDN

pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free-digital-river/

Picrelated

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
windowsiso.net/
You can get it from microsoft directly if you have a non-OEM key.

qBittorrent

is there a specific one?

>Disable javascript for the page

Already done genius..Thanks for the complete lack of effort

T and W series are a good start, T530 is a very good option

Hi. I use NordVPN but when I try to launch client on new laptop (ASUS WIndows 10, previously single-language Home version now upgraded to Pro) I get a bunch of error messages like:

>Customized cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name.

>at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.GetCompareInfoWithPrefixedLcid(Int32 cultureKey, Int32 prefix)
>at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo()
>at System.Collections.Comparer..ctor(CultureInfo culture)
>at System.Collections.Comparer..cctor()

>The type initializer for 'System.Collections.Comparer' threw an exception.

at System.Array.Sort(Array keys, Array items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer comparer)
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer comparer)
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexCharClass.Canonicalize()
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexCharClass.ToStringClass()
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanRegex()
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Parse(String re, RegexOptions op)
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options, Boolean useCache)
at NordVPN_Client.Code.Helpers.InputPaternHelper..ctor(String[] paterns, String final)
at NordVPN_Client.Windows.UserControls.SettingsControl..ctor()

and
>Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Plz halp

why did whoever made that put a Tixati icon with a pone in it?

>it will work on any copy of 7, but for the sake of cleaning out malware you should really download a clean copy of windows

will this delete all of my files? and if this is a consistent thing that will happen to not using a genuine version of windows then I think I might just buy it if there isn't a permanent fix.

I'm having trouble backing up my harddrive for the first time. Whenever I go to backup drive in control panel and click "Back up now" all it does is give me an error in the bottom right corner of the screen saying "Check your backup, the last backup did not complete successfully, click here to troubleshoot."

Can I make an iso that has Arch Linux with a desktop environment already on it that I can then install onto a flash drive with persistent storage? And if so, how?

is there a Sup Forums approved SQL book?

My Alienware I bought a long time ago shit out (also a long time ago) and I was never able to fix it in any way and Dell wouldn't honor the warranty.

I want to learn more about computers so I thought I'd crack it open and attempt repairs, but where do I start. There are wires going every which way looping around metal compartments and plastic cabinets and whatnot.

These "how to build a PC" things are fine if you have the case in question and supplies (i guess) but how do I fix my situation? What do all the cords mean? If you guys could just give me some kind of beginners guide so I can finally get my hands dirty...

Is there much trouble with other hardware or wangblows if I only replace the mobo? I assume I should download a new mobos drivers?

mp3 320 or aac 256?
what are the pros and cons of each?

Why is Gentoo so amazing?

The .iso does not need to be bought. What you pay for is a license key to use Microsoft's operating system. According to Microsoft EULA you don't actually own the operating system. If you want to own it, you pirate it. If you ever lurked in speccy threads you would see the majority of Windows 7 is Ultimate, Windows 8.1 is mostly Pro, and 10 is a mix between Pro and Enterprise. You can bet your ass most of the OS being shown off are pirated. Pic related, an 8.1 desktop.

Not him but I tried to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop and it wouldn't let me reinstall because my key was OEM.

Well yeah no shit it is I wouldn't pay money for Windows itself but why does that mean I can't install it?

I literally have the rights to this product and I can't use it. Its so fucked.

Yeah it will delete what's on there, so back everything up first. It's not that hard really. You only had this problem because you used a shitty crack. The one that's linked will never have any problems.

clean install/reformat = wipe out previous data
back your important shit up on an external drive if you're so nervous

use actual backup software, not windows shit

pcpartpicker.com has a built-in compatibility guide not to mention complete builds by users bragging about their shit, also search for pc assembly threads on jewtube to get familiar with current pc parts

because it's so liberating

Install it without a key and then try the third tool on this page

raymond.cc/blog/backup-and-restore-vista-oem-activation-license/

if that doesn't work use daz to pirate it

What is the lightest windows OS: 7, 8.1 or 10

Is my computer dying?

Maybe 10 minutes ago it rebooted itself. Turned out without warning, then came right back on.

Now four minutes ago it does it again. And if it keeps on this pace it'll do it within the next minute.

What could be going wrong here?

Equal

Is that Windows 7 or 10?

>use actual backup software, not windows shit

what would you recommend? also, I'm using an SSD and an HDD with my computer. How do I backup both things and save it as one backup?

>Not him but I tried to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop and it wouldn't let me reinstall because my key was OEM.
use this to activate
www81.zippyshare.com/v/kHbhIrV4/file.html

You can install it, you just won't have activated status, so pirate it.

Dying PSU maybe

I read online that you can use the product key only if you uninstall windows from the laptop the OEM key is from. Also, you must activate by telephone. Let me know if you try this and post results

Sounds like a PSU problem.

Another problem I've had occasionally is it not turning on. The indicator lights on the mobo will be off. The only fix for it is to hook up another PSU to the 24-pin connector. Plug that in, turn the mains switch on and all the lights go up. Then I switch my regular PSU back in and it works perfectly.

Do you think these could be connected?

What's the best way to make a twitch bot that goes to other channels and comments? I want to avoid using selenium because I don't want them to know its a bot. All of the tutorials I find are how to make a bot for your own channel.

That's a riced 8.1 desktop

acronis

Why is there so much hate towards 8.1?

what fucking PSU did you get? some non-modular shit?

>t530
are they only 500 when refurbished

anyone any other ideas on a good laptop under 500?
I need your help!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Would I have issues doing RAID 0 with a Samsung 1TB PRO and a 1TB EVO? The Pro is 1024GB and the EVO is 1000GB.

Also before anyone tells me I know RAID 0 SSDs are stupid for most situations but I need to do this to transfer files off and on quickly.

I think it's called a TX850M

mobile touch screen frankensteined GUI
Microsoft should never have tried to unify the GUI across their devices

Forgot to mention I am doing this in python

Yeah that is definitely a PSU problem.

Should I get a 750 Ti for 50 dollars from a friend (He's only had it for 6 months, bought it new)

Or should I spend 110ish dollars on an RX 460?

I don't game much, I just want multi-monitor and to be able to play CSGO and L4D2

If you need a graphics card at all go for the 460.

>Corsair
Fuuuuuck that
they don't make their own shit they rebrand it, known fact
Seasonic or superflower rebrands go
that tx750m is not seasonic rebrand
you fucked up

Help pls!

got 500 need a good laptop

not for gaming, small screen, idc

First of all, I'm stuck with Comcast as an ISP, nobody else covers me (first mistake).

I play counter strike (which sends 128 ticks per second to the server) and am having latency issues. My ping is acceptable in theory, but I lose 2% of packets and the variance between what my computer and the server think is happening is a few milliseconds. That wouldn't be a big deal in a MOBA but in CS you'll get fucked and can barely control where you're aiming, moving et cetera.

I'm using the default shitty 2 in 1 router-modem combo, should I switch to my tomato router, even though the issue is with my local node being overloaded? Will it help at all? I haven't felt like dealing with Xfinity in a while which is why I haven't tried it yet.

TLDR how fix comcast overloaded nodes other than FCC complaints every day

and before I forget
whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers
ctrl+f Corsair

460 will be better but the 750 ti will handle csgo and l4d2 just fine

Thinkpad. Check out /tpg/ and read the OP.
I got a W520 for 350 and it's pretty nice.

Buy the refurb thinkpad or be less poor.

You already got your answer, start looking properly.

Hm well that's better than it being my motherboard like I feared (it's a six year old mobo and a four year old PSU).

Can you recommend a replacement?

just buy a powerbar with a switch

plz help
I have installed a program on linux mint 18 via the software center.
it doesn't appear in the main menu search, in /usr/bin, when I alft+f2 with the name of the program, or in the terminal.

I have reinstalled it, still no luck.

wtf is going on. other programs always worked.

Has the Anniversary update stopped breaking Windows 10 systems yet?

I kind of want the Messaging on Desktop from my Android phone.

But I don't want it to break.

Also does anyone know if it will work with an MBR and Truecrypt like I have setup?

You don't have internet issues. Spend more time on aim maps.

The 2in1 is called a gateway, and nothing you do is probably going to make any difference. Just make sure your ports are open and you're using a wired connection and then curse the fates.

Help whenever I try to backup my computer I get Error Code: 0x81000031

and the fix for it on the microsoft didn't work. What do I do?

>acronis

got anything else that is free? That's why I'd rather use the windows backup recovery

>typing on the OSK with the stylus pen
why?