fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2011_Ford_Fusion.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not owning a Tesla

>owning a meme car

ayy lmao

>burning alive on the side of the interstate

>easier to steal
certainly not in america

Actually, automatic transmission has always used more petrol than manual and still does. Americucks are just too stupid to handle a stick, which is surprising seeing how they have no trouble fitting dongs in their mouths.

I kinda miss my stick shift, thrusting it around while driving through the city

>A huge distraction from driving

Where do you drive where plebs can't drive a manual without the stick being a distraction??

>Automatic fags can't into muscle memory
Shit son even changing from left hand driving to right hand driving in a manual is easy.

Wrong board m8, take your shit to

>windows user trying to install gentoo.webm

someone get kicked off /o/ for posting shitty bait threads? Manual trans is like a knife, it's old tech that doesn't need a redesign because it works so well.

I like how the engine on an automatic stays in high RPM way too long before shifting up, or the 5 second delay before down shifting when you press the accelerator, it's fun to feather the accelerator to get the appropriate gear for my speed

Manuals are cheaper and have twice less moving parts - more reliable.
>distraction
No more of a distraction than pedals.

>Actually, automatic transmission has always used more petrol than manual and still does.
Who told you that, your 60 year driving instructor? Automatics have been more efficient for a long time now.

Autos have no engine braking. I mean, they do a little but it's non existent compared to what you can do in a standard vehicle. Way better for driving in snow too

>be like 90% of sane, responsible australian drivers.get an automatic
>sane,responsible
>australian

op rly ?

>owning a car
>contributing to this

>linux user trying to use windows

automatics are for neutered drivers.

This. Pop your shit in neutral when you roll to a stop, way better on your car.

Am i the only one who finds this somewhat comfy?

In your opinion*

>0 pokestops

>Sup Forums uses a computer.tiff

>how dare those people live!

can confirm, i was dumb enough to buy a meme car, now its stupid and boring and much worse than an automatic

Non of that is true

Done

>prove this wrong Sup Forums
Automatic transmissions use more gas than a manual trans, since you can't control the engine's rpm (some premium cars are more efficient fuel-wise though), it's also cheaper to buy AND to maintain.
I still prefer an auto due to the comfort in traffic.

>The only pokestops for miles are churches

Why can't my fellow americans get stick shift? They're practically scared of it.

You are just too poor to afford the upgrade+taxes that come with an automatic

>be me
>go to toyota.ca
>select a corolla
>oh look the manual is more fuel efficient and costs like 3,000 dollars less.

>just bought a car
>it has a CVT
stay mad niggers

>not owning a car
>contributing to this

It's practically useless for most people

Automatics these days
>objectively shift faster
>objectively provide better performance when comparing the same car with a manual vs. the automatic
>can manually select any gear you want even in automatics
The only reason to get a manual in this day and age is because you're a luddite faggot ass retard.

conveniently ignoring the cost difference

>2016
>buying a car with transmission

>(4 squared)+2000
>buying a car with inferior range

>cvt
UMAD when that repair comes

its alright. he'll post in a minute about how he earns 6 figures and you're a poorfag with a pleb transmission

This is wrong, where did you even get this idea? Manual transmission is the fuel efficient one. Just check the reported consumption on any car that can have both options.

on an auto thats actually bad for it...

I got a CTV and a Manual

I love my CVT is fucking amazing, but manual are just cool. I will always pick manual over CVT.

Picture selected at random

This is why I wanna get a manual car
best theft protection you can get in freedomland

that makes me feel sick

Another guy with a CVT and it's great and I don't worry about repairs, because I will sell it way before the warranty ends.

Although CVT is only good for city econobox cars, gives very good mileage. If you are buying a decent cars a manual or double clutch is a must. Because there is no fun having any kind of automatic in a 300+hp car.

A standard automatic transmission is shit compared to a manual. CVTs are shit period and you should never buy one. However, dual clutch transmissions are arguably better all around than manuals.

i mean a double clutch is technically an automatic even if it is mechanically more similar to a manual

as someone with a manual, double clutch and torque converter gearbox in my cars right now, all can be very good but you want to pay a good amount of money for a decent auto where as most manuals are pretty good no matter what

i find cvts kind of boring though.

for anyone with car knowledge all my cars are turbo charged, wouldnt having a turbo on a cvt be kind of pointless with the distributed powerbands?

>i mean a double clutch is technically an automatic
It technically only takes the clutch pedal out of the equation, you should still shit manually.

>most manuals are pretty good no matter what
Most manuals are shit, you will know when you drive a good manual. And by good manual I mean carbon clutch, short shifter and mechanical gas pedal.

>wouldnt having a turbo on a cvt be kind of pointless with the distributed powerbands?
My CVT is turbo too, it works actually better than anything, because CVT keeps constant RPM, so you never lose the pressure. The only downside is the initial takeoff, which takes forever, because you have both the turbo lag and the transmission lag.

>have jatco cvt
>baby the hell out of it
>follow maintenance schedule
>cvt has a stuck solenoid @30k
>dealer replaces whole tranny
>30k later.
>replaced tranny starts to over heat.
>goes into limp mode every time i get on the highway.
>dealer replaces entire tranny.
>sell car
>buy dildo tranny with 150k on the odo
>clutch starts to slip
>replace clutch (turns out to be the original factory clutch)
>dildo tranny is at 190k now.

it was slow as shit but it got great mpgees. It just couldn't handle having to bring it in for major repairs every 30k even if it was under warranty. When I asked why they couldn't just fix the solenoid in the first failed tranny they told me that If something has fail on the cvt, it is likely that the other parts were stressed as well. Its easier for them to remove and replace rather than disassemble, repair, reassemble, and reinstall only to have you come back because every thing looked to be in spec but it wasn't really.

When I asked about the overheating issue they said that it's a common issue and there isn't really a fix for it other than a new cvt.

>Facebook
>Unreliable
Not if you know how to use it, cunt
>Facebook
>A HUGE distraction from driving
Not if your brain isn't asian woman driver tier and can into multitask.
>Facebook
>VERY inefficient
Only if you're a fag that revv it near the limit before switching gears
>Facebook
>insecure
topkek
>Facebook
>Very EXPENSIVE to buy or mantain
TOPKEK
>australian
>fucking facebook

Ready for the same old tired arguments?
All together now:
-A manual transmission is more fuel efficient, check any model with both options available, very, very few will have a more efficient auto.
-A manual transmission can still be quite driveable with a smaller engine(important for poorfags)
-A manual transmission is mechanically simpler(eg automatics have at least 3 clutches and a torque converter, compared to the one required for a manual) This has so many advantages in of itself.
-Manual transmission provide more control over the vehicle.
-Manual transmissions allow you to prepare the car for the road and situation ahead, automatics can only respond to the road they are currently driving along.

The only advantage automatics have over manuals is when buying second hand cars sometimes a bad previous driver can have trashed the clutch and loosened the drive chain, automatics tend to be less damaged by shitforbrains drivers.

I personally prefer the feel of a manual and working on automatics sucks. If you prefer driving an automatic, good on you but just don't talk shit to make yourself feel better about it OK?

Sage goes in the options field.

-Modern automatics are more efficient than manuals
-Automatics are still easier than any manual
-Very few people actually take transmissions apart for any reason. I've stripped several very different engines down to the block, but I won't open up a transmission.
-Sequential shift
-Sequential shift

I started on a manual. I have no desire to go back.

>2004
this make it even better

Looks disgusting to me. I see maybe 1 green plant per street. These people are going to suffocate on their car exhaust fumes whether automatic or manual. kek

The reason why this country is completely fucked is because of politicians listening to every piece of dumb shit like pic in op.

We should boycott boycott organisations.

>Automatic transmissions use more gas

Not anymore. Virtually all automatics on most decent (non-cheap) cars equal the fuel economy of their standard counterparts.

>it's also cheaper to buy AND to maintain
In most cars I looked at when I was buying a new car, the price difference was only between $400-$800.

And that money is easily made up with the resale value. in the US standards have lower resale value than autos for most consumer level cars, save for specific cars enthusiasts with the "manual = better" mindset go after like WRX, BMWs etc.

>Own Wrangler, 5 speed manual
>Take it off road
>Going up a hill, oh shit she isn't gonna make it
>Downshift
>PUNCH IT
That fucking feel. Argue all you want you little faggots, you'll never know how good it feels.

Obviously manual is preferrable for offroading for a lot of reasons. And obviously, offroading and highway driving are two very different use cases.

Actually the manual has less moving parts and many more years of robust development. It is much more reliable.

Many professorial drives prefer manual, not just for control, but some comment that it forces them to focus more on the road as the have to anticipate what gear to shit to and the only way to do that is to look ahead on the road.

Because the driver can anticipate the cars needs before they happen they can shift into the needed settings. While that action is slower and less efficient, the overall time spent in optimum gear is higher. So the overall efficiency is actually higher.

Given the lack of knowledgeable users and the lower market value association, it arguably can count as a theft deterrent.

The recent rise in price is only due to market share drop, if they were more common then the cost would be much lower then automatics. And their lower cost of maintenance also must be considered.

Basically this post is wrong under nearly every condition, with the exception of an new uneducated driver, and if they are that green they shouldn't be on the road.

A manual transmission is actual less expensive to repair, hell you can get a fucking manual from a goddamn junkyard for less than an automatic from the same junkyard

TLDR FUCK YOU you fucking retard

CVT is preferable in every scenario
you can't argue with logic

I grew up in rural town still I dream of something like that. With neighbors who don't keep rusted cars in their yard.

>date +%Y
>Driving a car

Kek

Except for normal every day driving. Right now cvts are just too fucking fragile. They dont like any sort of heat and most cvts right now simulate gear shifts because normies can't wrap their head around seamless varible shifting. The simulated shift cause slippage which causes friction on the belt that heats up the tranny. They'll be the bees knee in the future but right now they are in the r&d stage using consumers for data collection.

I work 18 miles from home and travel 50 miles one way to client sites a few times a week.

>unreliable
More reliable that any automatic transmission.
>a HUGE distraction for driving
It's not.
>VERY inefficient.
It's more efficient but depends on how you drive.
>Easier to steal
why?
>very EXPENSIVE to buy and maintain
Less maintenance and cheaper, at least on EU.

Only disabled people drive automatic transmissions.

>HUGE distraction
[citation needed]

I drive a manual, but i tend to rev it high and really ride the clutch when starting off in first gear. I kinda learned to do it that way because i was much less likely to stall.

Is this really bad for the transmission? How should i be doing it instead?

>hand me down 2003 civic with 130k miles, very few parts replaced, nothing with the engine or transmission replaced.

>highway driving
Pretty much once you are on the actual highway you just keep it in 5th gear.

How do you learn how to drive manual transmission vehicles properly? Seems like everyone dies it differently.

2011 Ford Fusion with 6 speed auto here. I do 100 miles round trip every day to get to work.

My dad drives manual Ford focus and goes on and on about how it's better but the first thing he says when stuck in traffic. "I should have bought an automatic".

I don't give a fuck either way. I get 445 miles per tank and I'm comfy. Manual transmission is only for toys imo. Something to ay with on the weekend or nice days off of work. Daily driver? I just want comfort, mpg, leg room. Doesn't hurt if the car looks sharp as well.

Manual fags btfo.

>Is this really bad for the transmission?
No, it's bad for the clutch.
>How should i be doing it instead?
Release clutch if car is stalling add gas, if starting on a hill, 2-3k revs is good starting point.

fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2011_Ford_Fusion.shtml
>25 MPG

You're joking, right? 25 MPG is terrible. Like 1970s inefficiency.

>difference in Manual and Automatic in traffic.
>Automatic
Gear in D
Release break
Go
>Manual
Gear in 1
Release clutch
Go

Shit is so different.

The auto allows you to just caveman your way forward. The manual needs a little finess but its second nature when you get used to it.

>-Modern automatics are more efficient than manuals
Depends on driver but ~9 out of 10 times manual is more efficient.
>-Automatics are still easier than any manual
The easier to use is always whatever you're used to, ie: i feel awkward and less safe with automatics.
-Very few people actually take transmissions apart for any reason. I've stripped several very different engines down to the block, but I won't open up a transmission.
>being simpler makes it less prone to fail requires less and cheaper maintenance and is cheaper to build.
>-Sequential shift
can't compete with clutch + stick
>-Sequential shift
can't compete with clutch + stick

Just use whatever you want it doesn't matter they'll both cease to exist eventually.

that's so depressing

Not the way I drive

You'll probably want someone who already knows to go with you, at least in the beginning. Start out in a parking lot or something similar and just get used to starting and stopping. Taking off from a stop is the hardest part of driving a manual, especially on a hill. Once you feel confident doing that, start learning to shift while driving. That part is pretty easy, you just have to know when to shift. Eventually you'll get to the point where you can tell when to shift by ear. Once you've got starting and stopping and shifting down you've pretty much got it.

Wow, looks like such an unsafe environment to raise a family.

>Eventually you'll get to the point where you can tell when to shift by ear.

I like to drive with the windows down for this exact reason.

But your 8 year old kids get to ride the subway with homeless people and develop character!

Not him, but I usually pay attention to the rev meter. Sucks that the current shitbox I have does not have any rev meter, but yes, its noticable by the sound alone.

A dual clutch automatic (which is very common now) is more fuel efficient than most manual transmissions.

>simple means reliable
not necessarily

>can't compete with clutch + stick
A dual clutch automatic will shift faster than most experienced drivers can manually shift.

Why can't Americans build straight roads?

Population control

How would an automatic car be easier to steal anyways? There's a chance the thief will be in a hurry, lift the clutch too fast and shut off the engine

>Current year
>Owning an autocuck slushbox

Hope you can wrench faggot

>not necessarily
Usually, and in this case manual transmissions are a lot more reliable.
>A dual clutch automatic will shift faster than most experienced drivers can manually shift.
Offers less control.

>A dual clutch automatic (which is very common now) is more fuel efficient than most manual transmissions.
Ford web:
>Automatic:
27 city/40 highway/31 combined - available 6-speed Powershift® automatic
26 city/38 highway/30 combined - available 6-speed Powershift® automatic with SelectShift® capability
28 city/40 highway/32 combined - available 1.0L EcoBoost® I-3 with auto start stop technology, 6-Speed automatic with SelectShift® capability and SE EcoBoost® Appearance Package

>Manual:
26 city/36 highway/30 combined - 5-speed manual
30 city/42 highway/35 combined - available 1.0L EcoBoost® I-3 with auto start stop technology and 6-speed manual

So you're right if you compare a 5 speed manual vs 6 speed automatic but with the same number of speeds manuals still win probably 9 out of 10 times.

>Hey, here is this thing that weights almost double of manual transmission, full of pneumatics and actuators.
>It's more efficient, I promise.

Weight alone shows how little you know about what makes AT so good.

DCT is fast shifting, probably everyone agrees to that, but economic it is not.

benis :DDDD

I like it. For whatever reason it's not as depression as those houses in Britbongland

Heh