pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&tl=en&u=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705fY-F69bs&user=McSzakalTV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

in for memes on memes on a meme

>tfw you're in the keyboard equivalent of nowhere and your only light in picking the right keyboard switch weight is your limited imagination

Feels like gambling.

Grab a key tester, they're pretty cheap and you get a good idea of what's best for you. I think some places also offer a discount if you then buy a full board from them.

Recommend me a mkg, /mkg/.

>Budget
~$100

>Location (continent at least)
USA

>Preferred switch type
No idea, reds I guess.

>Layout
ANSI.

>Form factor
I need function keys but no numpad required. 60%?

>Backlight
Doesn't matter.

>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech G510, otherwise I've always used the cheapest keyboard I can grab from Best Buy like GE or Insignia shit.

Well, I did get to try Reds (briefly), Blues and Browns, as well as buckling springs, but none of them for any prolonged period of time. The problem is my budget is high enough to consider Topre, and I'd really love to test those, especially which one of the three weight options (variable/45g/55g) I'd prefer most.

Found a used QFR Brown Switch for $55. Currently on a ThermalTake Poseidon Brown Switch... should I do it?

I think I did good with this lil beaut. Still getting used to ANSI (Bong here) but I'm enjoying the switches (MX Greens)

What keycaps are those

SA 1976

Not him but they're called DSA 1979 or something like that

Thanks! Been looking for these for a while

Pure sex

Just got my MagicForce 68 with Outemu Blacks; kinda feels like shit compared to my hipster vintage ALPS boards, but the linear feel is totally usable for the price. And now I have a board I can get meme caps for. Also it was $33 on amazon. Forgive my gay mouse mat, it was free.

In a money is no concern situation, what's the best quality and most luxurious keyboard I'm looking to get?

80% form with browns

Colour customization and detachable cable, so I can easily get a snazzy braided one would both be plusses, but the cable is more important to me than colours

>best quality and most luxurious keyboard
>with browns
try again

Reminder that mechanical keyboards are bad for any gaming that isnt starcraft. If you play action vidya or fps you will perform worse than with a cheap rubber dome. Dont fall for the meme kids and avoid Corsair and Razer garbagio.

Luckily I only play comfy games in my spare time

So my CM Storm XT kicked the bucket and wont register the enter button anymore so Im looking for a replacement.

I got my eyes on a Ducky Shine 5 because of the clean look. (no huge logos on the front)
Any other recommendations of clean looking TK keyboard with blue switches that are around the price range of the Shine 5.
It should also have easily replacable switches because that keeps me from fixing my current keyboard. (I hate soldering)

If you like the board, and it's literally just that one key you could change the switch for like, a dollar. That said, more keyboards is better.

Why do these keycaps always look like they were made using play-doh by chris-chan?

I never soldered in my entire life. I dont even have a kit. So I dont see myself desoldering a switch and replacing it with a new one. I would have if I could.

You sure love to blame everything other than yourself.

Whats wrong with PBT caps?

I'd be willing to bet a couple thousand dollars he's talking about the crash keycap and not the pbt caps.

How can you hate soldering if you've never done it before?

Doing a single switch is really easy, and this is coming from someone who fucking sucks at it. My first project was soldering a teensy adapter for my M0110, and it works (though it's hideous and if I can pay anyone to make one that's not ugly hit me up). A switch is a whole lot easier than a teensy. Also a soldering iron and a thing of solder is like $12. If you're going to get a new board anyway, why not give it a shot? It's a great skill to even have rudimentary ability to do.

What he said All these special esc keys always look like playdoh or chewed bubblegum

To follow that up, I see that someone on geekhack sells adapters now. awesome.

So I need a soldering iron and a desolder pump and Im ready to go?

For a single switch you don't really need a desoldering pump (I don't have one), but it certainly won't hurt. I used a braided desoldering cord when I was putting the teensy together. Before I had the confidence I had my friend desolder and replace a single switch on my M0110, and watching him do it gave me the confidence I needed; keyboard switches are very, very simple.

I cannot understand why people ruin their keyboards with shitty "artisan" keycaps that look like 3rd grade art project

Just explaining why you're bad and getting memed on by chinks with cheap gear

sweet proof bro

Anybody got the deetz on the Nonon keyboard that goes "nani sore" whenever you press the keys?

just go 45g topre and never look back user
ive never been happier
i think one looks really cool in place of esc
i used to have one but i valued a free $400 profit over the 3 artisans i used to have

theyre really nice works of art but only worth their retail price of like $30

At least those look good. You can tell they were mechanically made using a proper mold.

The OP bandicoot actually literally looks like some sort of clay project. I see them a lot even over at geekhack and yet everyone whips out their dicks over them.

that colour scheme makes me wet

is the Cherry MX Board 6.0 any good?

>text printed on the key front
>round indent still exists on the super keys
disregarded

the only nice cherry board is the g80-3000 the rest are meh

Interesting new offering from WASD

Judging by their build quality of keyboards and caps the thing will probably fray after a month

sad truth

any suggestions on where to get a quality braided cable?
my tada comes in soon and i have some spare mini usb cables but i want something thats a little bit different than the standard nonsleeved black ones

I've got a Monoprice Luxe micro USB cable coming in. I guess I'll tell everyone how it is when it arrives.

Should I pull the trigger on a keytronic e03601QLPS2-C? I have a k-70 already but I like the old look. Its $28 on ebay

Why do you post the buyers template if nobody ever responds to the posts?

If in doubt just get MX Brown.

If you want a good quality rubber dome then go ahead.

Nice to see you finally got some key caps for that Kb. Looks good

I want to get blank key caps.....but how does one remember all the function keys!?

Get a normal grown-up sized keyboard and you won't have to remember Fn keys.

thank you my man

Thanks I guess I'm just retarded. Are there old ones that are then? How do I tell? Are the model m ones from lenovo good?

Just looked this up, the 'RealKey' shit sounds like snakeoil, is there a benchmark somewhere?

Because people do actually respond to the posts.

Obviously not to every single one of them, but if you think that you're entitled to an answer to all of your requests then you need to get your head out of your ass.

We really should get a buyer's guide up so people can look up keyboard options according to their criteria.

I typed on Browns. Bluuuuurgh. They feel like Reds with duct-taped tactility.

Is the build quality for the wasd v2 really that bad? If so, what is a superior alternative with mx green switches?

That would leave me with the 88UB, unless I want to overpay for import. Hmm.

does anyone have enjoyPBT keycaps w/ a novatouch?
just wondering if the keys w/ stabilizers fit
the more i use my poker the more i realize topre is just too good to not use and im thinking of selling my poker for a novatouch and i'll just buy some enjoyPBT to go with

That one was made with (modelling clay).

The /r/mechanicalkeyboards buyers guide is very good. Their whole wiki is great. It's one of the small handful of reddit communities that isn't complete shit. Ripster is a bit mental though.

Forgot the other pic

>Browns are the worst tactile switch

then...

>Whats best is different for everone! Dont fall for marketing!

So this guide is telling me to ignore itself. Got it

As a Crash Bandicoot fan I must say that this is the best mk I've seen in my life and I'd like to have the same keyboard one day. Live long and prosper fellow Bandicoot.

It is objectively the tactile switch with the worst tactile feedback. Tactile feedback is objectively the reason to pick a tactile switch. Therefore it is the worst tactile switch.

Please name a worse tactile switch if you disagree.

>Everclear is an objectively better alcoholic drink than Heineken, because it's 95% alcohol by volume, vs 5% alcohol. Therefore everyone should drink everclear.

This is Korean brand MKF14S with Outemu blue switch
Only 45$ !
There is also various backlight
Sorry for my poor editing

>Budget
Less then £200

>Location (continent at least)
UK

>Preferred switch type
Not entirely sure, but clear cherrys seem nice. This would be my first proper mech keyboard (ignoring my old clicky clacky viglin I pulled out a bin where I used to work.)

>Layout
ISO as UK

>Form factor
80% / TKL

>Backlight
Prefered

>Other
The wasd Code Keyboard seems to meet pretty much all my requirements, in that its minimal design, backlit, and has the switches on the back for configurability, but I've read a lot of concerns about the quality of them. Are the concerns purely about the key caps themselves?
Or are is there a comparable better quality alternative, (also more readily available in the UK/Europe.)

Don't believe this guy. Reds are great for gaymes.

Also this keyboard is great for the $80 I paid. The metal is extremely pleasant.

Right, choosing a drink based on alcohol percentage is irrational. So we need to ignore it to get a better result.

The problem with applying this reasoning to browns is that ignoring the tactile feedback makes it almost identical to reds - except reds are easier to tap quickly and are easier to find for cheap. There's a reason why it says "worst tactile switch" instead of "worst switch".

Why would any rational person pick a tactile switch if not for the tactile feedback? (Outside a situation where the specific keyboard they want is cheaper with tactile switches for some reason)

I recently ordered a KBParadise Mini V60 mit Gateron Green. What's the opinion on the board and the switches? Currently using a poker 3 with cherry MX clears. I am quite happy, use it for programming and gaming. But i really want to know how the gateron greens will feel.

>Why would any rational person pick a tactile switch if not for the tactile feedback?
Anybody who does this didn't do their research.

The board has good base specs - a great 60% for the price. If you want to spend money on it later it's easy to find keycaps, cables and cases for it.

Gateron Green is a heavy and clicky switch so be prepared for some clacking. It's going to be louder and slightly harder to press than your Cherry MX Clears. About as close as you can get to buckling spring keyboard without modding switches.

Black switches for fast paced arena shooters, yay or nay? I lift a little and have strong forearms for a nerd.

The keys bounce back up quicker making them more reliable. Once you learn where the actuation point is (and you do have to learn since there's no feedback) you get slightly better control. You can even "ride" the actuation point to generate quick key presses since linears don't need as much distance to reset.

Natec Genesis RX75, I can get it cheap. Can't find what freaking switches it has (just that they are 60g). Opinions?

Just got myself another 60%, the KBP v60. Better features that Poker3, but cheaper build quality imo. Already had one. Now I'm up to 7 mechanical keyboards.

Quake? UT? Reflex? Just wondering.

Quake Live (not ideal but other id tech 3 games are dead)

might get into Reflex when I upgrade my toaster

Nice bait.

Grey or blue, Sup Forums? I cant decide.

timestamp not related

take the space off so I can bully you

They fit perfectly except for the spacebar. It has two non standard mounts that are too close to the standard ones. I carefully broke them off with the help of some pliers and now it fits.

Pretty new to keyboards. Any disadvantages of a unicorn compared to the IBM ones? Just seems smarter to me to get one of these since it won't be used.

*Unicomp
Lmao

Does this mean I should get a red switch? I have a blue switch keyboard and love the feel, but hate the loudness. I currently use a black switch which I love the quietness, but I fatigue after 3+ hours worth of typing/playing video games. I primarily play RTS/Dota 2/FPS so was on the fence on getting either Brown or Red Switch.

As for the keyboard, been thinking of the newest Ducky Shine w/ PBT keycaps, but I'm not a fan of RGB.

grey

From hearsay, Unicomp doesn't care as much about the quality, so expect minor QC issues.

cyka blyat

downsides: cheaper plastic in case and caps, worse quality control (burrs on edges, odd patterns)

upside: no broken rivets, no converters needed, more color selection

I'd personally pick between a model F AT/122 and one of these. Those don't have the rivet issues and cost about the same as a Unicomp.

Sounds like red may be for you. If you don't mind the linear feel (I like both linear and tactile switches), and you want something lighter, then reds should be right up your alley.

They look to be some sort of Cherry MX Black clone:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&tl=en&u=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705fY-F69bs&user=McSzakalTV

I ordered a tester on ebay, and a separate mx clear switch. Now i realized you basically can't buy mx clear keyboards in europe. Awesome

I'm looking to sell my shine 4 with clears and I'm in the middle of europe.

Any specific why? Getting another keyboard? If so, what is it?

Is Ducky Shine 5 worth it? Or is it a meme? I hate RGB, but it's also their most recent iteration.