Are torrents dead Sup Forums??

Is torrenting a dying breed Sup Forums??.

dunno i use private trackers

The Jewish controlled media has won.

Nothing to see here.

Torrenting is dead like usenet is dead, that is, it's not. It's just becoming harder for the normies to get in on it.

Kinda does look like that kek.

Isn't that the truth user.

This. Old media has for the most part adapted to the needs of the average (see: normies) consumer via streaming services like Netflix and Spotify. The only people who really pirate anymore are those with niche tastes that aren't served by those platforms.

The only thing normal people pirate anymore is Game of Thrones, and we'll probably see the rate of that decline as well as HBO Now gets their shit together.

Pretty much. Only who get into private trackers and can afford to leave their computers on all the time to have decent ratios can into torrent now.

> Netflix and Spotify.
That shit is so normie as fuck also those crappy services do not have everything.

What usenet providers are still alive? I haven't tried it in years.

Which is why I'm on private trackers. The average person can't be assed to get into them, or even learn how to torrent in the first place. Napster and Limewire were so easy my grandma could use them.

Game of Thrones and a Tidal exclusive Kanye album are basically the only things that motivate the average person to seek out those alternative channels anymore. Once the content producers realize exclusivity agreements fuel piracy, it will probably be just us left.

>implying limewire is as intuitive as using spotify for $5/month

I implied no such thing.

how difficult is it to actually break into /ptg/?
I don't even bother going in the threads because I'm assuming it's one of those "if you knew what you were doing, you'd already be connected" things

To be honest, I don't know anymore. I got into PTP like 6 years ago, and I got my BTN account when they offered invites to members of ShareTheRemote when it got shut down around 2011. My old roommate got me my WCD account. It helps to actually know people already on the trackers and get in that way, rather than trying to get invites from strangers or work your way up from curry-tier.

Getting into the trackers is more a matter of opportuniy. If you keep in touch long enough, eventually you get into the trackers. Staying in them is more tricky though since you have to be active.

active in terms of providing fresh content, or in terms of seeding? I recently moved into my own apartment, and intended to setup a dedicated rig. Hardly seedbox-tier, but still viable. If I'm looking for niche shit (recently aired live events), is there a pt out there I should be hunting for or is whatever TPB honeypot currently online the best bet?

You really only need to upload on most trackers if you're trying to get Power User to get invites to other trackers, otherwise seeding will suffice, assuming you have a connection fast enough to maintain a decent ratio that way.

Set up an application to watch the trackers for new uploads and automatically download them when they're made available (CouchPotato for movies, SickRage or Sonarr for TV, Headphones for music) and get the fastest package your internet provider offers and you'll be able to keep a ratio on pretty much any tracker. Just be careful to configure the applications properly or you'll end up killing your ratio downloading a bunch of shit you didn't intend to.

One of u cares to elaborate? What are the biggest pools of stuff around atm?
Been torrenting skidrowshit or general fapmaterial in the past

>seeding will suffice
This isn't true. Most sites will require you to log-in at least once every 90 days. Time varies per tracker.

Yeah, by "seeding will suffice" I mostly just meant "you probably don't have to upload anything new yourself".

I'm not sure if API calls from the autodownloaders count as logging into the site, it's probably worth popping on every now and again just to be safe regardless.

Some private trackers will remove the activity requirement if you donate.

Keep checking for decent trackers with open sign-ups. Join one, make uploads to raise your user class until you get access to the invite forums, and go from there.

>Public
Yes

>Private
Never

>Some private trackers will remove the activity requirement if you donate.
Which defeats the point of not paying for shit.

You pay for everything, if not with actual currency than with your time. Perform a mental cost/benefit analysis and decide how much of which resource you intend to expend on entertainment.

Sure, maybe if you go full freetard. Believe it or not there might actually be anons who don't want to have to worry about logging into all their super leet tracker accounts every couple months.

>Some private trackers will remove the activity requirement if you donate.
>Which defeats the point of not paying for shit.

Years and years ago when the first cracks started showing the torrenting community/system, I commented on Sup Forums that this will probably lead to microtransactions controlling the tracker system with a pay-to-perk-like system reminiscent of Facebook games and Anime Babe MMOs, probably using the (then) new currency, bitcoin. I was told "that will never happen, nobody will ever pay to pirate content, also memecoin will never catch on."

I believe I am owed an apology, Sup Forums.

How many more years would you say till public trackers are completely dead and only private trackers are left? Piratebay is a honeypot and I don't know what major other torrent sites are left.

>I believe I am owed an apology, Sup Forums.
I believe you aren't. I've been on the biggest private trackers for half a decade and never spent a dime, and I download whatever I want.

It's not hard, but call the grapes sour if you must. More for me.

Despite US hegemony, our government doesn't control the entire world. There will always be some developing nation that doesn't give a fuck about our intellectual property laws willing to host a tracker.

Public trackers will die when a better technology exists or when people stop wanting to download media for free online. Platform exclusivity and region-locked content ensures the latter won't be happening anytime soon.

> Piratebay is a honeypot.
Is this faggot serious??.

bump

bumpin

works on my machine

I don't see why someone can't just build a decentralized tracking system and be done with it

it could just be integrated into peoples torrent clients so they search in it (like qBittorrent has) and the list is constantly updated or something

kinda like how bitcoin works i guess

lets make it happen Sup Forums, i'll make a logo now

Thank You, Lao Yang

Thank you, Lao Yang

Thank you, Lao Yang.

I'm more than certain the piratebay is a honeypot at this point.

At this point probably yes.

What happened to IPFS? Is it ever going to take off?

can cheat the ratio, i always do

what.cd interview

Thank You, Lao Yang

Thank you, Lao Yang

you pay it with your electricity bill from seeding 24/7 or for overpriced internet bills, you ignorant cuck.

>overpriced Internet
Works on my machine ™