Homebuilt stealth aircraft

How hard would it be for me to make my own stealth aircraft?

about a 9.5 out of 10

Chose to impossible.
Unless you have a PHD in like physics, and a about 300+ million

Even if you managed to make a low observability plane, you can't fly it as the controll tower has to be able to see you.

That's also assuming the GoV doesn't stomp down ur door and shoot you.

>turn transponder off
>fly low

Literally undetectable by radar

just go to your local airplane graveyard
you never know what you can find there.

people make those bug drones all the time. they are technically stealth aircraft

About as hard as stealing one.

Ask Russia and China

>Unless you have a PHD in like physics, and a about 300+ million
lol try $40 billion +

This. Thats why high flying aircraft's like the SR71 does not exist anymore. Also the panels are made mainly of carbon fiber and coated with radar absorbing material.

Slap some wings on and you're all set

What about a tank?

Not him, but no.
Just. No.
>$500million is more realistic.

You mean on this.

Thought you said 40 mill
My bad senpai

The SR-71 doesn't exist because satellite imagery progressed so far. Flying high was twofold. First, to evade defenses, but also to get better fields of view for reconnaissance.

The U2 is still in use and flies at 70k+ feet.

If it's one person doing it by themselves, it shouldn't cost that much. A lot of the contract money is wasted on shitty management practices and incredibly obscure engineers that are needed for a very specific wire. I'd say it'd cost someone 30 mill for all of the parts (assuming they weld and form the metal themselves too), and 200k for all of the documentation locked behind paygates to do this.

Stealth is a meme
SPEED is were its at

russia has some really good stealth aircraft
would win in a dogfight against the atrocious f22 and the even worse f35

isn't that an f22?
which was built primarily as a stealth fighter..
but yes stealth is a joke. you can laser target and see heat from dozens of miles away on the ground.

fuck the f16 beats the f22 in dogfighting. only the typhoon is capable of contesting the communist jets.

Hahahaha
Stop meming me

>communit jets
>good
oh i am laffin!

>red star on wing
>isn't that an f22

kek

mig 25/31

>he can't tell the difference
LOL
O
L

not that hard fampai, did it myself once.

you just need a lot of popsicle sticks, some glue, and of course black paint.

aren't drones visible to radars and naked eyes ?

>create weapon company
>invent the new AK-47
>sell weapons
>get bigger
>get government contracts
>get bigger
>open up aerospace division
>start making rockets
>icbms
>get bigger
>start your stealth aircraft project
>tell government to go fuck itself with your money if they try to intervene
Its not that hard at all senpai, although starting a war on the way there would really help speed things up

I want a war
War time is best time

>/k/ seems to be particularly retarded today

vote trump

We have the support of /ptg/

He's want's to pull out of other countries.
Hillary and the current lot have overseen the creation of ISIS, ramped up the drone attacks all over the world and are trying to start another cold war with Russia.

Nice try Sergei

>He's want's to pull out of other countries.
So he can invade mexico?

>He's want's to
trump voter spotted

holy shit that was 2014

where does the time go
i was the person who posted that picture in that mouse thread

What do you like about it? When did it become a meme?

>If it's one person doing it by themselves, it shouldn't cost that much. A lot of the contract money is wasted on shitty management practices and incredibly obscure engineers that are needed for a very specific wire
you're a muppet. it would take 1000 years for one person to do this by themselves. of course you are gonna use contractors.

bring up an american aircraft that can go against the SU37
oh waht you can't even produce something that can fight an SU30 (china bought these now)

Pretty easy.
Just download these Horten blueprints, get lots of good plywood and a small Rotax engine.

The hard part is the stealth coating, but Russians have open-sourced the old coating formula, so a few trips to the home depot will get you the right ingredients.

Overall the plane won't fool any new radars, but will work well on anything pre-2000.

they look similar from the top
though clearly the wings are different
and i clearly didn't check, cause yeah the obvious star
facepalm
i just wanted to make fun of the f22 desu

each B2 bomber literally costs over 800 million USD to produce, and the design took 45 billion USD to research and develop

the current administration literaly withdrew from other countries and aren't just promising it.
although you can clearly see the damage which withdrawing causes.
>another cold war
did the last one end? i think not... just a regime change, ruskis still have more nukes, and better nukes, compared to NATO.

>the current administration literaly withdrew from other countries
Only withdrew from Iraq, and at the worst possible time. 1 month after the chief nigger pulled the troops out the ISIS sprung up.
Afghanistan war is still ongoing and there are still cities being captured by Taliban.

Stealth planes are visible to the naked eye too

bitch please take your commie aircraft bullshit to someone who cares.

take your 1970s tech and shove it up your asshole.

>made mainly of carbon fiber and coated with radar absorbing material
Carbon fiber _is_ radar absorbing

I can make one out of paper.

Beyond the cost and engineering requirements, even demilitarized many parts to make such a plane are subject to very strict international trade laws. Assuming you are granted approval to get these parts, you are subject to random inspections from government officials to inspect where you keep the parts, and the measures you take to ensure no one else has access to them. You also become legally liable if said parts ever go missing or are stolen. Having government officials constantly swarming around your stealth plane kinda defeats the purpose of having a stealth plane.

fucking germans were doing it in WW2 for christ sake.

F22 is a joke

Read this as an intro from the guy who did it.

i don't think you realize the situation they had over there
iraqi officers were raping little boys in massive numbers
the amount of corruption was astounding
ISIS was the cleansing that shitty country needed, the bush administration trained these militia men, then obama pulls out while leaving the massive stockpile of weapons and vehicles for them... i mean they killed more of eachother than nato ever did. and nato stayed out with good reason. let them kill eachother, in the hopes of something better to emerge, kind of like the FBI does with the mafia.. let if flourish and kill eachother, sometimes even flame the flames, then when there's no violent shitbags left, round up the survivors and jail them. things enter a calm and "peaceful" moment afterwards. though the vacuum never lasts.

tl;dr both bush and obama administrations achieved their goals. iraqi freedom, followed by removal of even worse shitbags being in power.

i'd be mad too if my countries best fighter jets were made 25 years ago.

don't these cost a billion to make.. each.

About as hard as building your own aircraft. However, with all the signal processing in this day and age, stealth is practically worthless.

If you really wanna do something sketchy as fuck, build a drone. If you can make it autonomous and don't transmit any telemetry back, it will be very hard to detect. If you can hide the props well inside the vehicle, even the best experimental radars will have trouble detecting it.

Thing is if you make a UAV small enough it looks like a bird to radar. Only trick we have to tell birds from UAVs is that birds don't have doppler signatures characteristic of propellers

Even without all this, a UAV is still pretty hard to stop today.

ins't this factored over like a 20+ maintenance program or some shit.

i read somewhere the numbers everyone is freaking out over are mostly because they are retarded

>russia has some really good stealth aircraft
Russia has one stealth aircraft of which they have 6 'flyable' examples

yeah but can you naked dick fuck it?

Su 35S and latest updated F15 would be interesting. Still Russia has edge over 4g aircraft. Will have to wait for PAK FA final product.

That's also assuming the GoV doesn't stomp down ur door and shoot you.
One thing that only americucks have to worry about

Just print one out.

pretty cheap, just look at the F-313

pretty easy* and cheap, forgot pic

I think something made of Wood works, have you heard about the Nazi aircraft that was anti-radar or whatever.

Would he doable if you want to do it for like a remote controlled plane, but otherwise it should be nearly impossible.