Whats the most futureproof phone?

Whats the most futureproof phone?
I want a phone but I dont want to change a lot of times.

The iPhone 34. It has built in time machine nano ram, it's not out yet but I'm from the future or something

If it's Android, buy a brand new flagship phone from a company with a good track record of updates. Samsung and Nexus devices are OK, HTC and Motorola are no longer much good about this, and any of the Chinese crapphones from Aliexpress will never get a single update.

I'd also say to look for a replaceable battery and a charging port that can be replaced without soldering but you probably won't have many choices for on that.

My Galaxy S4 has lasted three years, two batteries and one replaced USB port. I'm pretty surprised I haven't managed to break the screen before then.

iPhone, Apple supports iPhones longer than an other manufacturer.

Anything not Windows phones

Was thinking about picking up a oneplus 3 but not too familiar with the hardware

Stay away from carrier phones as they lock updates to their schedule and lock the bootloader preventing future proofing.

>updated software is intentionally botched
>supported

>Samsung
lol

Wait for the next Nexus.

They renamed it the Apple on iPhone 10. Just Apple, not ten and not phone.

>marketing 101
Just how fucking old are you anyway?

Note 7

name one base android update that didn't need patches and bugfixes.

Nexus devices because the dev community doesn't let them die.

I just bought a 5x for $185 bux

Basically any phone made in the last 18 months. Phones are dead and they don't really change that much now that they're a mature market.

Anything that's not a carrier phone. Try for flagships since those will probably get community support first and foremost.

If you're too poor, save for the flagship. Otherwise you're literally dropping $200-300 per year on new hardware.

moto g4

the iPhone 5s no joke. Its cheap now and it does everything perfectly. Has the better quality app store, has a good camera, its small so you can run with it in your pocket and it wont fall out or be uncomfortable. just get an iphone 5s and if you hate it you can go for some shitty nexus 6p or whatever the faggots on this forum use

Any phone with expandable storage and a removable battery desu

>he fell for the SD 616 meme

XIAOMI is not chinese crap phone
gets updated regurally

Nexus 6P will be supported forever unofficially. Of course Google will only put out 2 or 3 Android versions for it but you'll always have the option to unlock the bootloader and go with a custom firmware. I have two phones in my desk drawer that are or will soon be dropped from official support. The Nexus 5 and iPhone 4s. Nexus 5 is not getting Nougat from Google and iPhone 4s is not getting iOS 10 from Apple. Because the iPhone 4s is totally locked down, users will be stuck on iOS 9 forever. Nexus 5 users can simply unlock the bootloader and get an extended year or two from a popular firmware like CyanogenMod. This is why a Nexus device is always the right choice. Just because it's dropped doesn't mean it's unsupported if it's a Nexus. Other phones like the Moto X Pure and OnePlus 3 offer easy bootloader unlocks and decent ROM support but I can't guarantee the life span of said community support like I can a Nexus phone.

Stop shilling. Even XDA Samsung fanboys are shitting all over that piece of trash.

This. Nexus 4 will be getting Nougat.

FUCKING WHERE? Condition and storage capacity?

Note 4. Expandable storage, replaceable battery.

I don't think anyone even comes close to Apple's support for the iPhone.

I've owned several Nexus devices and Google half-asses everything. They promote the devices showing accessories, promise to make the accessories, and then they don't. Their updates are minimal at best.

>tfw saddles with a Nexus 10 that can't play .gifv
>still great as a PDF reader though

>Google will only put out 2 or 3 Android versions for it but you'll always have the option to unlock the bootloader and go with a custom firmware

Oh, great, then you can enjoy the world of open source software, like I did with my Nexus 4. The radio wasn't properly supported. You'd go to make a call and get nothing but static. The other end heard silence. You had to reboot the phone every time you wanted to make a call.

The solution? There was none. Nobody knew why it was happening, and nobody was going to bother fixing support for an out of date phone.

This "custom ROM 4evah" meme is bullshit.

The Nexus 4 had hardware problems, specifically with the ear piece and call quality. It was just a shitty phone. Custom ROMs work fine on everything else. Even when I had a Nexus 4 with CM11 I only had issues on the stock ROM. Sounds odd, but it wasn't software. It was hardware.

The Nexus 4 was a fantastic phone for its time.

The rest of your post is just making excuses for the FACT that open source and custom ROMs aren't going to save your phone.

>Sounds odd, but it wasn't software. It was hardware.

Irrelevant. The stock ROM worked fine. The custom software had no idea how to work around the issue, or why it was triggering the issue.

End of story. The phone didn't fucking work as a phone when running the custom ROM.

>Apple's support for the iPhone
You mean breaking the older phones with software updates making them virtually unusable due to lag and bugs?

Why are you so assmad? You've cherry picked a single phone that had hardware problems and projected said problems onto every other device running a custom firmware. Buy a Nexus and get updates (official and unofficial) or go fuck yourself. I really have nothing else to tell you.

>Why are you so assmad?

Why are you so desperately in denial about the reality of 3rd party ROMs?

> You've cherry picked a single phone that had hardware problems

I didn't "cherry pick" anything. And your claim of "hardware problems! Hardware problems!" is, again, utterly irrelevant. The stock ROM worked fine. Cyanogenmod didn't. Blaming it on hardware is a cop-out.

>I really have nothing else to tell you.

You have nothing of value to tell anyone. Your entire spiel about how Nexus phones are magically future-proofed due to muh open source 3rd party ROMs is utter bullshit. It is entirely, 100% up to chance and the personal preference of the developers involved.

So why aren't you building your own custom ROM? If everything else is so shit and the lack of updates bothers you, why don't you try to do it better?

Custom ROMs like CyanogenMod do work and they work well. I haven't had a single issue on my Nexus 5 or 6P. In fact, CM13 is smoother than the stock ROM on both because jewgle play services isn't hogging resources.

>you have nothing of value to tell anyone
I don't see you getting any praise for the shit you pull out of your ass either.

WORKS ON MY DEVICE
(maybe I just don't have down's syndrome)

6P

/thread

>So why aren't you building your own custom ROM? If everything else is so shit and the lack of updates bothers you, why don't you try to do it better?

Ah, yes, the last-ditch effort of the whining open source shill.

Because I have a fucking life, that's why. I have things to get done that don't include fixing software put out by other groups.

"Well then fix it yourself" is one of the most half-assed responses that dumbass open source promoters love to trot out. As if the statement has any value whatsoever. It's right up there with, "I'd like to see you do better!" in response to criticism. I didn't like Michael Bay's last move. "I'd like to see you do better!" Pffft.

>I haven't had a single issue on my Nexus 5 or 6P

Oh, look, there you go "cherry picking examples". Dumbass.

Nexus 4 famalam. I don't listen to radio so I don't know if it works or not. Only real problem with it is that youtube will stop loading videos randomly and I have to restart it then. But that happens rarely so It doesn't annoy me significantly.
Stock Rom was terrible. It didn't had any options which are necessary for comfy usage. I choosed this nexus because it's first one with 2gb of ram and HD resolution(that's what I think is necessary for future proofing). Nex5 has only higher res so it doesn't justify higher price. All other newer nexuses are too expensive for me.

Your whole counter argument is "I don't want to". Also, people who use the "I have a life" argument really don't. If you want something done, try doing it yourself. That's just how it is out in the real world. I've used 5 devices (6 including a VM) with CyanogenMod 13 and none of them have had a single issue. I've used devices from a wide range of manufactures. If you still insist on this being cherry picking, I'll have to draw the conclusion that you are actually mentally disabled or underage b&. You look especially stupid bashing open source and it's supporters. As an Android user you're biting the hand that feeds you. Android uses a Linux kernel.

Protip: if you can't respond without going full retard again, just stop responding and keep whatever dignity you have left.

Why would you limit yourself to cyanogen? There are some better roms.
Its like Mac vs pc / Stock vs cyanogen
There are other options you know?

And btw I'm sure Sup Forums doesn't know much about androids because otherwise we all would be praising MIUI.

An old nokia dumbphone
Every feature of it will still be supported for years from now

>You can run with it in your pocket and it won't fall out

Autism

Wtf are you guys doing on your phones. My Nexus 1 gave me 4.5 years. More if I didn't run it over.

I've tried a few like PA, Dirty Unicorns, Copperhead, etc. In my opinion none are as good as CyanogenMod.

Either the Oneplus 3 or the new Nexus phones, they're going to get custom ROM support for years.

LeEco LeMax 2 820

>2k meme screen
>memedragon processor
>no headphone jack
>fp sensor
>usb c
>non expandable storage

All the memes for $280 :^)

Should probably get roms because its snapdragon and the cheapest 820 available. And if you don't get updates or roms just replace it, cuz its 2016™

Too bad it's

>5,7''

They should release a LeMini 2, which means 5 to 5,2''

I run with my Oneplus 3 in my pocket all the time, stop being a manlet

>5.7 inches

He asked for phones, why are you talking about tablets?

MANLET
A
N
L
E
T

Xiaomi masterrace.
Get the Redmi Note 3 Pro, absolutely stunning phone for the price.