How the flying fuck do you get python to work in Atom?

How the flying fuck do you get python to work in Atom?

>windows
lol

>Atom
lol

>python
lol

This probably isnt for you but if you insist. Download python executable.
Locate its path.
Add python path to the PATH environment variable.

Or just install gentoo.

>trying to run python3
>print not a function
lol

Goddamnit you nerds

I'll get you for this. Once I've unlocked your secrets you will never mock me again and I'll have my revenge

Also, that is a syntax error in python3.

You can have your revenge once you get your environment setup.

Python's not bad, but what are you thinking with atom on windows??

Use visual studio code as its more lightweight yet more featureful, and use a *nix-based OS. If you want you can use OS X instead of Linux, but you will shoot yourself in the foot using Windows

If this were a workstation instead of a gaming machine, I'd be running linux.

I just want to experiment with coding for the time being.

Alright but yeah, find python3 and add it to your PATH. Im sure youve had to do this for something before.

christ, it doesn't even work in fucking windows

hurr durr tasks only available in workplace folder

I don't even know what the fuck that means you cunts

What the fuck is it with this shit always being as obtuse and unintuitive as possible to use? Why the fuck can't I just launch an editor choose "python" or "c++" as my language and JUST HAVE IT FUCKING WORK

VScode is almost the same as atom in performance/size. Python is trash though.

just open a cmd and run it from there

is python 3 your standard? check /bin/... uhhhhm, windows?

then just fuck off!

Since I'm learning python (to get revenge on everyone here who mocked me) I'm using 2.7 instead of 3; I've got it working in visual code, but holy fuck the number of hoops composed of bullshit just to get something as simple as python working is amazing.

How the fuck do people put up with this?
WHY do people put up with this?

well "we" using linux mostly. It's a change of one line in one file to get the atom compiler working there.

same should be working for you. python thinks you're using 3.X but really you have 2.7. somewhere should be config file that defines your standard.

I recommend updating to 3.4 and go from there. why learn old syntax? it doesn't make sense really.

It was recommended to me that I learn on 2.x because there's more documentation for it. Not knowing any better, that's what I went for.

also python is great lil nigga. I use it all the time for a lot of things.

do what I do: use coderpad

you know there's a problem when it's easier to launch a browser to run code than it is to get it natively working on your computer

that's cool too. valid point.

>more documentation
Meme excuse, its 2016

thanks, this is the same advice my prime minister always gives

It's simple as fuck, when you install python it asks you if you want to put it in PATH directory and it just werks running it from anywhere

Hi canada!

> "programming"
lol