13 days to announcement

>13 days to announcement
That's less than 2 weeks gents, are you anuses ready?

isnt os x lion on your pic from 2011

so?

>tfw long time windows and Android user
>tfw getting more and more drawn towards macbooks and iphones
someone please stop me

Macbooks are good but don't get an iPhone
t.Long time Linux and android user who converted to apple

I've got a few grand saved for the new macbook etc not lying.

idk I'm a salty Nexus 5 owner that isn't getting N officially

Also I'm not going to deny iPhones are smoother

apparently the announcement is about the new iphones, not any desktop or laptop hardware.

Disagreed. Your N5 will get N through roms and with the right settings Android can be much smoother than iOS.

i've never heard such an apologist statement as this. just admit that google fucked nexus 5 owners on this one.

I can't wait for them to announce the incremental improvements that outright strip features.

Calling it:
>will be thinner than ever before
>no headphone jack
>in fact, no connectors at all
>can only connect preipherals via bluetooth
>have we mentioned how thin it is?
>oh yeah, and it now automatically shows every iphone in the same area code, so you can more easily connect your dongle to a fellow Apple user's lightning port.

>Battery is designed to become useless in about a year after purchase
>Mac OS will have an expiry time before it needs to be upgraded, else you can't use your computer anymore.
>Replace Bluetooth with a custom Mac Proprietary aIrwave technology.

these masturbatory fantasies you guys come up with are funny but sometimes i worry you're not capable of actually anticipating the future with any reliability.

> magsafe gone
> four usb-c
> meme screen to replace function keys
> butterfly switch keyboard from the macbook

>Own 2015 MacBook Pro
>Curious about the upgrade
>Dissapointed that the 2015 one needs dedicated GPU to do second screen
>Dissapointed that the screen seems to get marked up as if the coating is coming off
>Do love my MacBook though

First macbook I've ever owned and am a total convert. My PC has been off mostly since I got this. Only for gaming does it come on.

>price $15000
> core i3, 6gb ram and 120gb ssd. No gpu

I love my Mac. I used to be a stubborn build a pc neckbeard, but I enjoy having a smooth experience without having to fuck with drivers, Windows and its faggotry and have to send parts away for repair when I can have Apple fix it or give me a new one within 5 days.

I do think they take too fucking long to update their notebooks though. I wouldn't mind getting a 13 retina for travel.

If you own an N5 and don't have it at least rooted, what are you doing?

The Nexus line is for developers, so take advantage of it.
If OS and UX matter so much to you, you should take a bit of time and at least customize your launcher, setup some Zooper widgets and maybe see if the deeper stuff is right for you.

Really? I can do two screens on my 2010 MBP no problem.

macbooks and iphones are good but don't get an imac

>least customize your launcher, setup some Zooper widgets
Ah, the guy who has to "personalize".
Your phone says something about you, but it's not flattering.

>with the right settings

lel why there's wrong setting faggot?

the whole point of a reference device is that you *don't* go off the reservation to get android running on it.

a nexus device should be able to run the most current version of android for longer than other devices and get those updates sooner than other devices. that's why the nexus line exists. the fact that faggots in their basements also buy nexus phones is a convenient bonus owed mostly to the fact that other android smartphones are unreliable horse shit when it comes to updates.

I think you mean 2 weeks until the new iPhone event. I hate to break it to you, but new Macbook Pro's won't be until October.

Leave Apple to me.

Almost everyone reaches a point where being practical and getting work done becomes more important than muh custom romz

It's not that you have to have the dedicated gpu upgrade, but if you connect a second screen on a model that has the dGPU, then the computer switches to using the dGPU instead of the iGPU.

>Almost everyone reaches a point where being practical and getting work done becomes more important than muh custom romz

>iPhone
>Practical
>Getting more work done

I've had to start using an iPhone for work for the past 3 months and its eons behind the Android when it comes to usability
>I'd know, I do UX and product management

Auto-correct sucks, cross-app sharing sucks, permissions are wonky as fuck, the iOS design guide is either non-existent or recommends workflows that make little sense outside of the Clock app.

I'm really really surprised how few people realize how bad it actually is.

As an addendum, OSX is breddy gud. Mostly use terminal, but when I don't, I don't have to dig down 10 file layers like I do in windows

RIP in peace hardware function keys

>tfw they're ruining literally the only good laptop

>>tfw they're ruining literally the only good laptop

But this is not a Thinkpad thread.

hahahahahahahahaha

This is called growing up mate. Let me be the first to congratulate you.